The Administration Thread

Boycie

6 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

Wonder what this Friday's deadline is going to be?

We've had a bid deadline; a best bid deadline and a final bid deadline so far.... what's left?

And can anyone else hear that awful screeching sound that has persisted all week? Sounds like someone scraping a barrel...??

Best and final offer (BAFO) 

Followed roughly two weeks later by final better and finalish offer

followed two weeks later by oblivion 

2 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Nobody, absolutely nobody, is coming out of this saga with an ounce of credit. Even if Ashley buys the club, he’s still pissed about for 3+ months and pretty much guaranteed our relegation.

And as a result, is lowering the price of a) the club and b) the stadium. Don't forget the man has years of experience in the cut throat business of retail and made himself a billionaire where most people have gone bankrupt. My previous employer supplied services to one of his businesses, they will try their very best not to pay a penny more than is needed.

16 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Marcus Evans?

Good shout, I totally forgot he was even linked, last I heard he was interested in Huddersfield... just checked and it appears that deal never progressed from initial "interest" and now their former owner Dean Hoyle has bought them.

3 hours ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

TBH ... I am well beyond that now. This is now an absolute train wreck.

Wish we could fast forward to this time next season when Dave Scrubbins is manager (who's he I hear you cry ? - exactly)

and the team is -

Hugh, Pugh, Barny, McGrew, Cuthbert , Dibble, Grub, Morecombe, Wise, Barker, Corbett

We have Gillingham on Saturday, and with a win we can get out of the bottom four.

As long as Dibble's surgical support is back from Robert Dyas we may have a chance.

Lonely Ghost Town GIF

Who,s gonna be Golden Gordon (Ripping Yarns)and round up the 71 side? 

10 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

And as a result, is lowering the price of a) the club and b) the stadium. Don't forget the man has years of experience in the cut throat business of retail and made himself a billionaire where most people have gone bankrupt. My previous employer supplied services to one of his businesses, they will try their very best not to pay a penny more than is needed.

Perhaps paying his staff peanuts helped ?

1 hour ago, atherstoneram said:

There is no way the council will buy the ground when they can't find the funds to run council services as they should.

What about the vaccinodrome next door? they found the money for this and what a ducking waste of money that was and will be until it is demolished. PPS would be guaranteed income for years. The council are, and have been, useless for years that is the reason, incompetence not just lack of money.

1 hour ago, atherstoneram said:

There is no way the council will buy the ground when they can't find the funds to run council services as they should.

That is my concern that they can't really have the capital to do it. But I guess it depends upon the arrangement. 

21 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

I understand that, but (1) it doesn't make me like him, and (2) I honestly think he's making a strategic error. If he'd stumped up more money in the autumn he'd probably have a Championship club capable of retaining its assets starting on zero points next season. Now, he's probably got a League 1 club that's about to lose the vast majority of its assets and start on -15 points. It's a ducking shambles.

3 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I understand that, but (1) it doesn't make me like him, and (2) I honestly think he's making a strategic error. If he'd stumped up more money in the autumn he'd probably have a Championship club capable of retaining its assets starting on zero points next season. Now, he's probably got a League 1 club that's about to lose the vast majority of its assets and start on -15 points. It's a ducking shambles.

This.

1 hour ago, Bubbles said:

This is a ducking joke at this point.

Quantuma need to get their head out their arses, but I can imagine that all this will only result in another generic, ******** statement with absolutely no value whatsoever.

So fed up. 

Dont lose sight of the fact that Quantuma's responsibility is to the creditors.

If they can't generate an offer that satisfies the creditors, then there is no acceptable offer. I still believe HMRC are having a major influence on this.