The Administration Thread

Boycie

29 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

don't you dare bring one of my all time favourite bands into this! 

Joking aside, who legislates/audits the Administrators? How would someone discover/uncover/identify a 'criminal', 'dodgy' etc Administrator? Not for any second suggesting any administrators are such. But in the same way shady accountants are uncovered, surely shady admins exist?

Tim's the nicest man in music. 

Colour me cynical, but with the Mail and Percy articles yesterday, then Percy with the ‘Ashley still being very interested’ line today…something doesn’t quite add up with it all?

Its more men with money playing games with one another. I for one ,and presumably the fanbase as a whole, are sick of it

Edited by TuffLuff

That article says Ashley was close to a takeover in December. If that's true (big if) then why did it not happen? Was it the Boro claim that was sorted out after the transfer window had shut? So why not crack on with it? Imagine the different position we'd have been in he'd gotten this done back then.

We're in desperate need of some transparency here, because this is really painful to endure.

1 minute ago, cosmic said:

That article says Ashley was close to a takeover in December. If that's true (big if) then why did it not happen? Was it the Boro claim that was sorted out after the transfer window had shut? So why not crack on with it? Imagine the different position we'd have been in he'd gotten this done back then.

We're in desperate need of some transparency here, because this is really painful to endure.

I think that fits with the timescales. Quantuma were supposed to be naming a preferred bidder around then, but it collapsed when the EFL decided that they couldn't cram-down the 'Boro/Wycombe claims.  We went from "making a few singings next week" to releasing Jagielka and Baldock over about 24 hours. 

During January, Mike Ashley publicly criticised Quantuma for devaluing the club by selling Plange/Kelleyman etc, so I wonder if he's come back in with a lower bid, refused to up it, and Quantuma have basically said there's no point carrying on with you then, we have better offers.

2 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

What specifically is being said that's untrue?

I'm not disagreeing; I'm just trying to figure out what's fact and what's speculation. Haven't been following this thread too much as it takes so much time to read through.

Well for one thing there might be no blocks in the process at all.  For all anyone knows the efl might already be considering a PB but haven’t leaked the name yet; it might be that the stadium/Mel is not blocking anything; it might be that a financial backer is new into the game and has to be checked out which is taking time; it might be one of the bidders is holding things up.

We haven’t actually been told anything much other than a very rough timescale.  As there have been no leaks of any substance most of what has been discussed on these pages and elsewhere is pure conjecture - which may prove to be inaccurate or not, or true or not. We will only know in hindsight and even then not.

3 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Colour me cynical, but with the Mail and Percy articles yesterday, then Percy with the ‘Ashley still being very interested’ line today…something doesn’t quite add up with it all?

Its more men with money playing games with one another. I for one ,and presumably the fanbase as a whole, are sick of it

Same here. On the one hand the football side of it has been above what we could have hoped for. The best team spirit we’ve seen for years, the bond between the players/staff and fans is closer than ever and in WR we have a manager who has excelled and held it all together. Away from those 90mins on Match day the rest of it has become so mentally draining, the ups and downs, the false dawns, Q over promising and under delivering, the squad being ripped apart and the future of the club being let go for peanuts. 

For those outside the fan base and playing staff we are an afterthought and our feelings couldn’t be further from their concern. 

I just really hope it gets sorted sooner rather than later but that hope is slowly dying. It has been so tiresome in every aspect. ????

4 minutes ago, cosmic said:

We're in desperate need of some transparency here, because this is really painful to endure

The treatment of Rams fans has been shameful throughout this whole sorry episode of our clubs history. We haven’t been considered at all ( apart from by the players and staff) and we are simply collateral damage. What on Earth is going on with Quantuma and their negotiations? We were told to be surprised by the speed of the resolution once parasite 1 had been boxed, so what has changed? 

14 minutes ago, I am Ram said:

Sign me up Q, I've got this world beating idea for admins going forward. You have to.....are you ready.......you have to talk to potential bidders.

Great idea for potential purchasers too.

Send someone a low-ball offer they can't possibly accept. Leave the bid in for a while, send a few emails chasing it up but make no intimation that you're willing to up the offer.

Buddy up with the press to release information saying you've not been spoken to for 2 months (knowing full well that the fanbase are getting twitchy) to put pressure on the administrators to re-assess your bid, and hey presto - you're the good guy, you just want to get a deal done.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

11 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

I think that fits with the timescales. Quantuma were supposed to be naming a preferred bidder around then, but it collapsed when the EFL decided that they couldn't cram-down the 'Boro/Wycombe claims.  We went from "making a few singings next week" to releasing Jagielka and Baldock over about 24 hours. 

During January, Mike Ashley publicly criticised Quantuma for devaluing the club by selling Plange/Kelleyman etc, so I wonder if he's come back in with a lower bid, refused to up it, and Quantuma have basically said there's no point carrying on with you then, we have better offers.

I don't recall that .  If he did, it's highly unlikely to me he has any particular interest at this stage. 

4 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

Great idea for potential purchasers too.

Send someone a low-ball offer they can't possibly accept. Leave the bid in for a while, send a few emails chasing it up but make no intimation that you're willing to up the offer.

Buddy up with the press to release information saying you've not been spoken to for 2 months (knowing full well that the fanbase are getting twitchy) to put pressure on the administrators to re-assess your bid, and hey presto - you're the good guy.

Two months without contact, he isn't interested anymore imo.

5 hours ago, Crewton said:

The rules are clear but, as you would expect with the EFL rules, there is provision for the Board to approve the application of a new member should the circumstances mean that the standard provisions do not address the issue. Of course, such special arrangements could lead to legal challenges from other clubs, so it wouldn't be straightforward. 

But what's the alternative? Which league below EFL level could cope with a DCFC phoenix? FC United cause enough problems for teams at their level, and their away following is around 500. Would a DCFC phoenix be prohibited simply because the leagues that they could apply for can't in practice accept them and the one that could handle them won't consider the obvious solution? Could the National League cope? 

It's been reported that the EFL has been mulling over this potential issue. They'd be irresponsible if they hadn't. 

All the FA have to do is make away games all ticket.

2 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I don't recall that .  If he did, it's highly unlikely to me he has any particular interest at this stage. 

He probably has no interest in paying the same amount he was offering in December, but there's no indication (indeed it appears to be the complete opposite) that he's not interested in buying the club....

1 minute ago, I am Ram said:

Two months without contact, he isn't interested anymore imo.

He is interested, just after driving the price down as low as possible and  without paying a single penny more than he needs to.

I doubt it's below him to use the threat of pulling out of the deal as a bargaining chip

5 hours ago, JoetheRam said:

We ain't gonna be liquidated.

Contrary to popular belief, the term too big to fail was actually first made in reference to mid-size second tier football clubs rather than JP Morgan Chase and Goldman Sachs in 2008.

It has also been stated in the recent past that football as we know it is not sustainable and a number of clubs will go.

10 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10483113/Mike-Ashley-feels-Derby-Countys-administrators-NOT-want-buy-crisis-club.html

"He has also noted that the sale of several young players has devalued the Rams."

5 hours ago, RipleyRich said:

Appleby`s bid has always bothered me. Out of the known bidders, he is the one who probably has the Club in his heart, but doesn`t have the cash. Any investor backing him will be purely looking at a business transaction and will not be risking their cash. So either the cash will be limited, or will have massive securities against it in one form or another. Also what cash is available to take the club forward after purchase? For me it just doesn`t appear a viable bid given the clubs circumstances.

As for MA. Well, we know he has no love for the club. Its an out and out business transaction, and if the numbers don`t stack up, it won`t happen. He will definitely not take the club without the stadium IMO. He sold off assets at Newcastle and I am certain he would want the same opportunities at Derby.

I genuinely think we are now well into squeeky bum time.

It's not as if he can sell off the land around the ground,one of the car parks (probably more) are leased from Derby City Council.