The Administration Thread

Boycie

30 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

This is a huge point.

The points deduction alone is not the end of the "punishment". It is far more than just that.

The EFL - being the governing body - should be there to protect its members, not obliterate them.

I dunno if this has been said ? but the EFL are just not fit for purpose.

Not letting us renew Festy contract serves no purpose. It worsens our financial position, doesn’t help English football as he has gone abroad and doesn’t suit the player who didn’t want to go. 

I agree with you the EFL is not fit for purpose. I may have mentioned this before.

1 hour ago, DCFC27 said:

They brought in these rules to punish clubs going into administration and then coming out with no debts and gaining a competitive advantage. How many clubs were doing this to warrant the rules coming in?! 
In addition surely when the EFL brought in FFP/P&S they should have reduced any penalties for going into admin, given you now have further penalties anyway 

You can go into administration without exceeding P&S limits, as per Wigan a couple of years ago. In fact, going in to admin and exceeding P&S are extremely unlikely. The former suggests a lack of money, whilst the latter is usually a result of having plenty of money to throw around.

1 hour ago, IslandExile said:

This is a huge point.

The points deduction alone is not the end of the "punishment". It is far more than just that.

The EFL - being the governing body - should be there to protect its members, not obliterate them.

I dunno if this has been said ? but the EFL are just not fit for purpose.

Almost 4 years of punishments in one form or another, simply because Gibson felt we over-valued the stadium. The embargoes being 04/05/18-03/07/18, 06/03/19-11/07/19 and early 2020-present. The most damaging issue for the club was the charge itself, which lasted from January 2020 through to November 2021. Mel was trying to sell the club, but the charge resulted in any possible takeover collapsing, and also scared other potential bidders from coming to the table.

The EFL have followed the rule book since Parry came in. Unfortunately, the entire situation needed someone to take a pragmatic approach. An approach Parry's predecessor took time and time again, as evidenced by actively helping other clubs pass P&S by telling them about the stadium 'loophole' (first identified by us).

11 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I think the cut of point is 30th I think mate.

Unfortunately, I think @BodminRam is correct:

43           Registration of Players

43.2        Subject always to the provisions of Regulation 43.3, after the expiry of each Transfer Window in each Season registrations of Players and transfers of registrations will, except as permitted in Regulation 57, be declined or will only be approved:

43.3        Where any new registration or transfer of a Player is received by The League after 5pm on the fourth Thursday in March in each Season, that Player will not be eligible to play in any match organised by The League in that Season, except as permitted in Regulation 57.

Guidance

The fourth Thursday in March is the traditional ‘transfer deadline day’ and remains in place to ensure Clubs cannot add to their squad for the final remaining fixtures of a Season thus impacting on the integrity of the competition in those final stages.  This deadline is also used in other contexts – see for example the requirements on full strength sides in Regulation 24.1.

Academy Players will not be caught by this restriction in respect of non-first team matches.  However, Clubs will not be permitted to register an Academy Player after this date and then utilise him in League Matches.

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/efl-regulations/section-6---players/

I was totally confident Mike Ashley would be the PB, but I do wonder if Appleby and Co will finally get their wish.

Big Mike was always my number 1 choice, but seeing young lads prized away, I'll take flipping anyone.

Tbf I could sit there and listen to Appleby all day, he seems a good bloke whereas I've never even heard Ashley speak.

BB856EFF-DFA8-42D1-BEE6-5837C9F6F5D1.thumb.jpeg.1666fa0f4367cfb88d36be8b40676567.jpeg

feeling a little more confident today after reading Simon Jordan’s comments. Could this mean a deal for the ground is getting close? I’m tending to think Dell could still be involved somewhere in the new ownership. Maybe backing Andy Appleby perhaps 

5 hours ago, Ian Buxton's Bat said:

In my opinion the major problem we've had is that Wayne and his threadbare squad were just too bloody good in the first half of the season. If we'd been rubbish, the -21 would have almost guaranteed relegation by Xmas and EFL/Boro may have taken their knee off our necks in time for a PB in January which would have enabled us to possibly sign players and renew contracts.

From a PB perspective, if they'd bought/got moving in Jan they would have probably been looking at a championship club.......and if we'd been rubbish they'd have been pretty much buying a L1 club but with the prospect of a decent squad.

As it is, we've still got a sniff of staying up and they can't let that happen - minus 12 has always guaranteed relegation in the past so minus 21 MUST guarantee relegation.

Once that's confirmed I think they'll leave us alone but in a terrible state.

Paradoxically, totally over-achieving this season may lead to several seasons of pain and even liquidation.

Look we survived once and will do it again.

Stop being negative and start being postive.

1 hour ago, DavesaRam said:

The only problem with the big announcement announcement is that they haven't specified which week they are referring to.

I presume it will be calendar week 48 - ie end of November. Sounds about right to me.

The statement is a little less vague than you are suggesting. It says “at the end of this week”.

7 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

What I actually said was the MSD loan is more messy to deal with because it is a liability of DCFC. Gibson’s claim was against DCFC and others .. what others do you think it was against? 

I dearly want for DCFC to be able to swerve the MSD loan and leave it with Morris. That might mean liquidation though and a Phoenix club/ company. Do we really want that? Anyway as you say let’s wait and see what this week brings. 

I wasn’t quoting you, it was @TexasRamthat I was initially responding to

who else was MFC going to sue? Their second best option after DCFC would probably be EFL, who are party to the contract that was subject to the dispute (ie the EFl rules). Perfectly possible they would have added MM as a defendant, it’s the way litigators carry on, but that would not make the claim against him any less fanciful

MSD wants the club sold as a going concern. If Q finds a buyer willing to pay more for the club than the break up value, then MSD would release all claims against the club to allow the sale to proceed. Broadly speaking 

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I was totally confident Mike Ashley would be the PB, but I do wonder if Appleby and Co will finally get their wish.

Big Mike was always my number 1 choice, but seeing young lads prized away, I'll take flipping anyone.

Tbf I could sit there and listen to Appleby all day, he seems a good bloke whereas I've never even heard Ashley speak.

Cockney, probably be like Mel having a pint in the back yard with the fans and stood on the centre circle with a black and white scarf around his neck …

I fully expect at some point the announcement will be it’s Ashley pending EFL approval and documents