The Administration Thread

Boycie

32 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

That is a stupid statement. 

If they can name a preferred bidder on Friday, brilliant. So why wouldn't they just say negotiations are ongoing and then make a big announcement on Friday?

If there's no announcement on Friday, the last bit of credibility they have left will be gone and the understandable doom fest will be unstoppable. 

Because they've been backed into a corner and pressured into giving an update that doesn't just say 'negotiations are ongoing'

Even though there's probably no way that they can guarantee they'll be able to follow through on it.

Basically 'Team Derby' being pushy and getting ideas above their station on how much influence of proceedings they actually have - things won't  / can't hurry along just because they 'urge' them to but by almost forcing Quantuma to make another statement giving some sort of timescale, they're giving themselves an opportunity to either pat themselves on the back if something does happen (and delude themselves of their influence) or pin Quantuma to the wall if/when it doesn't.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

1 hour ago, CornwallRam said:

If Mel paid off the loan and gifted the stadium back to the club, I wonder if HMRC would argue that the new owners have an £81m asset, so can borrow against it to settle the HMRC bill in full?

I would be more worried that if Ashley were named PB, then HMRC know he's got £500M in his back pocket, so might hold out for a higher wedge.

11 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

So....does the statement suggest MA is in pole position financially but isn't seeming that interested in meeting all the debts left behind?

As he can pay for the full debt of the club 25 times over, more probably if he sold that enterprise for around 350 million the other week,  i fail to understand why he would be pissing around for a few million when he's losing that on monthly basis with youngsters, as we speak, lining up moves elsewhere.  

If he does wind up purchasing and because of the above I don't see why it would be him, you have to ask why would you leave it so long when he could have openly cracked on 6 weeks ago.