The Administration Thread

Boycie

7 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

The fact he started blocking people for normal non trolling questions and statements has wound me up enough. We've been waiting 2 years for a take over and still waiting. Making excuses whilst the deals not done and then falling silent is a red flag and doesn't fill me with much confidence in him if/when he does take over. 

We've already had one bell. we dont need another. 

No - what we don’t want or need is complete bell ends abusing our potential new owner on Twitter.

For what it’s worth I think we are incredibly lucky. This obviously is a ridiculously complex process when the easy thing without a doubt would have been to wind the club up. We’ve got a guy who (hopefully) is seeing this through to the end and working his way through all the challenges.

23 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Anything less than takeover completion, Rooney signing a lifetime contract, every single first team player re-signing and five new players to bolster the ranks all being announced by 17.00 tomorrow and I am going to go and glue myself to the Greggs at Pride Park.

So I got there with 10 litres of PVA glue, poured it all over my head, took a run at the window and ended up giving myself a concussion. 

I think I've got a chance of suing here because nobody stopped me doing this despite my warning yesterday. Do I go after Greggs, DCFC or both?

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

There's a very fine Isaac Asimov short story called Jokester, which reveals the origins of jokes: http://blog.ac-versailles.fr/villaroylit/public/Jokester.pdf 

It's only short and well worth a read. The only spoiler I shall reveal is that it definitively explains why puns are not funny, in the way that proper jokes are funny.

Yet Wendell Urth loved a pun - in fact, he was one.

2 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

So I got there with 10 litres of PVA glue, poured it all over my head, took a run at the window and ended up giving myself a concussion. 

I think I've got a chance of suing here because nobody stopped me doing this despite my warning yesterday. Do I go after Greggs, DCFC or both?

Please take a ticket in the line of creditors .  We will deal with you claim within 48 hours - give or take a bank holiday.

waiting-line-ticket-movie-queue.gif

15 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

The fact he started blocking people for normal non trolling questions and statements has wound me up enough. We've been waiting 2 years for a take over and still waiting. Making excuses whilst the deals not done and then falling silent is a red flag and doesn't fill me with much confidence in him if/when he does take over. 

We've already had one bell. we dont need another. 

This is exactly why Kirchner shouldn't be talking to the fans on twitter. There needs to be a degree of professional separation. He doesn't owe the fans an explanation for every minute detail of the takeover, or the running of the club as time goes on.

He'd be better served just not engaging with the fanbase in that way and sticking to a more formal forum type format. 

An awful lot of football fans on twitter are just complete idiots and can't be trusted not to act accordingly as soon as something doesn't go their way. Best avoided.

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

2 hours ago, Rev said:

Not you anorl. 

It's worse when it's decorated members doing it.

Speaking of decorated members… we’ll, you started it!… I had “I Love Llandudno” tattooed on mine!

Unfortunately I must have been excited about it at the time, as now it only reads “I Love Ludo”!

?

58 minutes ago, jono said:

Fair enough .. but just remember in that future of yours, you have a voice, you have the chance to protest, moan and “call out” your rulers. You can have opinions and at the same time are insulated by the simple knowledge that the rattle on the doorstep is the postman and nothing else. All because that generation stood up and said no to the alternatives. Dismiss history at your peril. Without knowing history you can’t see where populist right wingers and left wing ideologue dinosaurs are going with their bellicose calls to the mob. It was never for your Grandad to go on about it. It is always for you to remember. 

I am proud of the bravery of my grandparents during that time, but I don't need to know specific dates of the war for this.  Nor do I need to know the dates to learn lessons from history.  The question was asked (along the lines of) "has anything happened on this day?" which was obviously in the context of Derby County.  If dcfcofficial were tweeting about D-day then that would be pretty odd.  To say people should be ashamed for not referencing d-day is just bizarre and obsessive.

I may also add that some of the bravest people during that time were those who chose not to fight.

We don't know what the present and future would be like if Britain hadn't entered the war or lost.  There is a whole load of potential scenarios, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be talking German under Nazi rule now.

40 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

..........Boro' ?

10 minutes ago, SouthStandDan said:

That god awful show Love Island has started again, that’s my evenings buggered. And this takeover still hasn’t been sorted. Worst Monday in recent memory ?

If it helps, springwatch is in its second week of three.

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

For what it’s worth I think we are incredibly lucky. This obviously is a ridiculously complex process when the easy thing without a doubt would have been to wind the club up.

Don’t disagree with your comments about Kirchner. But if Rooney and Stretford hadn’t ushered him in, don’t you think Ashley would have made a bargain basement bid to keep us out of liquidation ?

Edited by kevinhectoring

1 hour ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I am coming after you. I specifically asked you to let me know when you were doing it so I could come and watch. I hope you have good lawyers 

55 minutes ago, DerbysLane said:

I am proud of the bravery of my grandparents during that time, but I don't need to know specific dates of the war for this.  Nor do I need to know the dates to learn lessons from history.  The question was asked (along the lines of) "has anything happened on this day?" which was obviously in the context of Derby County.  If dcfcofficial were tweeting about D-day then that would be pretty odd.  To say people should be ashamed for not referencing d-day is just bizarre and obsessive.

I may also add that some of the bravest people during that time were those who chose not to fight.

We don't know what the present and future would be like if Britain hadn't entered the war or lost.  There is a whole load of potential scenarios, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be talking German under Nazi rule now.

Enjoy your sausage roll at the next game. Can’t think of anything polite to say so I’ll leave it at that.