The Administration Thread

Boycie

Kirchner did not bid enough to get the sale over the line. Once his bid was rejected, he threw a tantrum and mouthed his frustration on social media, aimed squarely at the Administrators and Mel.

We've all been doing that for months.

Ok, so in his position, he should have acted with more decorum.

But what else has he done to upset folks?

8 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

Maybe it’s all a clever ploy to get Ashley to play his cards

then again as far as ploys go it’s not at all clever

From the sun

DERBY COUNTY are picking American businessman Chris Kirchner as their preferred bidder - in a huge boost for Wayne Rooney.

Kirchner will get the chance to close the deal for the Rams and take them out of administration after returning to the chase for the club.

2 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

I know it's Nixon (I take everything he says with a pinch of salt)... but he put an article out about 15mins ago claiming we're picking him and a chance of no points deduction next season.

Because we will take it this season? From the Sun article

"But the deal may also see Derby docked a further 15 points THIS season that would guarantee relegation.

The size of the offers to the creditors will be below the 25p in the pound demanded by the EFL. But to speed the takeover through it will mean a total of 36 points off their total.

But the good news is that means Derby will start next season in League One without having to cope with a massive penalty."

Most likely this is just more rubbish. Yet, I think Kirchner got EFL approval last time. He also knows the details. If anyone could put together an acceptable bid in a short space of time, he could. Then there's the Tweet.

I reckon there's only a couple of weeks before it becomes too late for a preferred bidder to start the process of buying the club, so I really hope this is legitimate. 

1 minute ago, Shipley Ram said:

Because we will take it this season? From the Sun article

"But the deal may also see Derby docked a further 15 points THIS season that would guarantee relegation.

The size of the offers to the creditors will be below the 25p in the pound demanded by the EFL. But to speed the takeover through it will mean a total of 36 points off their total.

But the good news is that means Derby will start next season in League One without having to cope with a massive penalty."

Why would  we agree to that. We still have a chance of staying up.

I don’t believe Kirchner will ultimately take over the club even if he is named preferred bidder. 

To me he’s a other Erik Alonso, a tyre kicker and my personal belief is that he will be named preferred bidder and in 8-12 weeks time, pull out once again blaming admins/ Mel / the weather for it collapsing and we’re back to square one. . . 

I hope I’m wrong!! 

Edited by Derbados

2 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Says we will be deducted 15 more points this season    ...??

But the deal may also see Derby docked a further 15 points THIS season that would guarantee relegation.

But the good news is that means Derby will start next season in League One without having to cope with a massive penalty.

1 minute ago, Chester40 said:

Says we will be deducted 15 more points this season    ...??

Utterly ludicrous isn't it- whatever we have or haven't done, what football fan deserves to see their team docked 36 points in a season. All that raw emotion and belief we've shared in the stands these past few months. Wasted

Al Nixon, who also has ties to Kirchner, claiming he's going to be the preferred buyer with another 15 point penalty this season to start next season on 0 in League One. 

If that's right or not, I don't know. I can't see what another minus 15 points is going to do this season in all honesty - it would be the largest point deduction in Football League history in a single season (another record) so I'd be pretty happy with that outcome. I'm still extremely disappointed that the non-footballer creditors will have to take a financial hit but that just seems inevitable at this point. 

I guess we will have to see what Kirchner can bring to the table. I think his lack of cash flow will always be a concern, obviously a very intelligent man with a great business, but how that translates to football is anyone's guess. 

Hmm... we'll see. Even if Q announce that this is actually happening, I'll not be getting too excited until I hear officially what the offer is and then just as importantly what EFL plan to do to us. I just can't see them doing anything other than applying it to cause maximum damage.

Christ I’ve been critical about Kirchner at times as I don’t think he’s put himself across well at all. 

But from a football point of view, we take the -15 this season but keep Rooney for next season in League 1?   I’d go for it, to be completely honest…whilst having a lot of apprehension on other parts of the deal.

Despite this seasons heroics so far, I’d still take instant relegation if it means having a club, a faint hope of having bezzie mate Rooney stay on and actually retain some of the players and kids, aaand have a fair crack at league one. No pb before end of the season and the foundation of the club cracks; academy falls apart and we’re at least 2 years down there if we’re lucky.