Best Derby goal

KirkIreton

Too many to remember, The one that sticks in my mind...Paulo Wanchope against Everton at Goodison Park, There was maybe 15 passes without a Toffee touching the ball and Wanchope scores from maybe a couple of yards out, It's OK hitting screamers from 25yards out, But it's the way a goal is scored, Plus his goal at Old Trafford in the 3-2.

As I said far too many to post ?

1 minute ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Too many to remember, The one that sticks in my mind...Paulo Wanchope against Everton at Goodison Park, There was maybe 15 passes without a Toffee touching the ball and Wanchope scores from maybe a couple of yards out, It's OK hitting screamers from 25yards out, But it's the way a goal is scored, Plus his goal at Old Trafford in the 3-2.

As I said far too many to post ?

On the same note, any goal involving Will Hughes.

Stop the thread.

21st October 1961 - Mick Hopkinson against Liverpool in a 2-0 win for the Rams.

I was in the 'boys enclosure' it was from fully 60 /90 yards (well it seemed like it from what I can remember ?)

Somewhat spookily on googling to find the date I see that Anton Rippon wrote an article for the DET in 2018 that is spot on and it seems that he too was in the boys enclosure !!

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/day-Derby-county-competed-equal-1363190

I do not live in Derby so missed that article but it is a great read - Enjoy !!

3 minutes ago, gfs1ram said:

Stop the thread.

21st October 1961 - Mick Hopkinson against Liverpool in a 2-0 win for the Rams.

I was in the 'boys enclosure' it was from fully 60 /90 yards (well it seemed like it from what I can remember ?)

Somewhat spookily on googling to find the date I see that Anton Rippon wrote an article for the DET in 2018 that is spot on and it seems that he too was in the boys enclosure !!

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/day-Derby-county-competed-equal-1363190

I do not live in Derby so missed that article but it is a great read - Enjoy !!

We were the best team around in those days and I remember Bob Paisley saying an FA draw Derby v Liverpool “god they make it easy” and we didn’t!