Best Derby goal

KirkIreton

Probably not the best, but one of the more bizarre goals, and appeared on 'what happened next'.

Sturridge, I think, hit a pile-driver which must have hit a defender and disappeared vertically into the sky. When it eventually came to earth it bounced on the goal line, with everyone wondering where it was going to land, and into the roof of the net.

4 minutes ago, sunnyhill60 said:

Alan Hinton, Velez Mostar  1974 Uefa Cup

Those evening games at BBG against European opposition!!!!!!

Velez Mostar! Great memories. Those games against clubs I 'd never heard of made me really interested in Geography at school. I became an expert in countries and cities. I'm still quite good now at quizzes regarding european places apart from the fact that Yugoslavia no longer exists!

8 hours ago, Phoenix said:

Probably not the best, but one of the more bizarre goals, and appeared on 'what happened next'.

Sturridge, I think, hit a pile-driver which must have hit a defender and disappeared vertically into the sky. When it eventually came to earth it bounced on the goal line, with everyone wondering where it was going to land, and into the roof of the net.

I think you mean Youl Mawene v Southampton. The most bizarre goal I’ve ever seen live. James Beattie sliced the clearance keeper misjudged it spun back (might have hit the bar as well but I’m not sure) and landed on Mawene’s head on the goal line, would’ve been Beattie og if it hadn’t touched him.

I like Chris Martin's goal at Brighton in the Play Off's.  Not so much for the goal itself, but for the sound effects!  That split second of a mass groan from the home fans, followed by the delayed joy from our lot at the other end, as the ball rebounds off their keeper's back, and shock and awe hits home!
I nearly lost my fingers at that point, jumping up from my seat in a Spanish Bar, and catching the whirring blades of the massive ceiling fan above!   ? 

Beautiful!  

9 hours ago, PhilGeeWasMyIdol said:

Phil Gee, at Brammal Lane. It took us to the verge of promotion. I remember it as through on goal, and smashing it through the keepers legs, in front of our fans. 

Probably made him my idol, that goal.

He also did a great a job on my dad's plastering (a few years later).

The most crushed I've ever been at a game, over 10,000 of us, magic day.

11 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

On the same note, any goal involving Will Hughes.

Yes the one against Leeds at PP, Inside a crowded box and a measered effort to score, I saw his debut can't remember who against...age and memory...you know!?, I said to my Son he's got some future in the game, Still think he should have gone onto better things, Rowett made sure Hughes took a step back in his career, We were never able to harness his talent ?

2 hours ago, I know nuffin said:

Charlie George to me. Never see the full move but started as I recall with Todd Infront of the players tunnel cross field to Nish, down the Wong, cross to zchsrlie and in the back of the onion bag with Charlie blowing kisses as he ran away....

Yeh I remember that one, I told my Dad about it, He never understood...can't think why?

10 hours ago, Phoenix said:

Sturridge's goal at Highbury in 1997/98 was a bit special too. 

5 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

I think you mean Youl Mawene v Southampton. The most bizarre goal I’ve ever seen live. James Beattie sliced the clearance keeper misjudged it spun back (might have hit the bar as well but I’m not sure) and landed on Mawene’s head on the goal line, would’ve been Beattie og if it hadn’t touched him.

I think that's a different one. This one went so high, it disappeared off the top of the TV screen for what seemed a few seconds. He (Sturridge I think, but may be wrong, on all counts!) commented afterwards that 'it had snow on it when if came down'.