Best Derby goal

KirkIreton

Recently I'd say Johnny Russell v Forest, before that remember that volley from Arturo Lupoli v Colchester? Then Deano v QPR, (Out running Paul Parker who was meant to be the fastest player in the league) however Charlie George volley v Real Madrid as a 11 year old in the Normanton Upper has to be the best!

Edited by Simmo’s left foot

16 hours ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Some forgotten ones (possibly) Sturridge volley v Leeds in the 3-3 96/7 was quality. Sturridge v Arsenal in the 2-2 was sublime too. Asanovic v Chelsea free kick and Kinkladze v Leeds. Darren Bent (lovely assist from Hughes) v Wolves and Marriott goal as a team goal playoff v Leeds. 

Any mention of Asanovic gets a like from me.  He was an awesome player for us, the opposition constantly fouling him, as they couldn't get the ball off of him, his delicious free kicks, his authoritative penalties, his God given genius.  What a guy.

10 minutes ago, ramit said:

Any mention of Asanovic gets a like from me.  He was an awesome player for us, the opposition constantly fouling him, as they couldn't get the ball off of him, his delicious free kicks, his authoritative penalties, his God given genius.  What a guy.

What a player. It was short lived, but Asanovic is one of the greatest to wear a Ram on his shirt. Brilliant player.

Some other crackers : Saunders volley vs Man City from Shilton’s GK.

Paul Blades top corner vs Cov?? Memory fade. 
Phil Gee vs Arsenal

Carsley v Southampton 

16 minutes ago, Needlesh said:

Someone help me out! I have a vague memory of a 30 yard screamer in the mid-80's (div 3?, FRT?) then the game got abandoned.

Did that happen, or did I have too good a time for my own good in the 1990s?

Mark Paterson scored a screamer against Burnley (FA Cup? 1992) and I think the game was abandoned for fog? 

31 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Mark Paterson scored a screamer against Burnley (FA Cup? 1992) and I think the game was abandoned for fog? 

Good night turned bad for him. Scores a belter, then ruptures his knee ligaments and his goals lost when the games abandoned with a horrendous freezing fog..  That might have been the coldest I've ever been at a game. Not sure he played for us again.

On 11/12/2021 at 23:15, PhilGeeWasMyIdol said:

Phil Gee, at Brammal Lane. It took us to the verge of promotion. I remember it as through on goal, and smashing it through the keepers legs, in front of our fans. 

Probably made him my idol, that goal.

He also did a great a job on my dad's plastering (a few years later).

I was there that day, remember it well. Didn't we take over 10,000 fans ?

2 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Not sure about best goal but Idiakez’a free kick against Plymouth was the best free kick I’ve ever seen live.

From that angle to go across and over the goalkeeper into the far córner isn’t just a smash and hope like a Tom Lawrence free kick. This is pure precision.

I'll see that and raise you Dave Jones' last minute winner vs Sheff Weds 2007.  Warning : this video contains alarming footage of when Gary Teale was quite good. 

https://youtu.be/aq1XtQYdd6s

2 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Not sure about best goal but Idiakez’a free kick against Plymouth was the best free kick I’ve ever seen live.

From that angle to go across and over the goalkeeper into the far córner isn’t just a smash and hope like a Tom Lawrence free kick. This is pure precision.

Incredible amount of times to hit the woodwork too. 7 or 8 I think. 

I'd put Strupar up there with him but Idiakez had a longer range.