Where you at with the 5 stages of grief

24Charlie

5 stages of grief.
1. Denial - All paper talk Mel has the EFL on strings, books where already signed off.

2. Anger - My god it was Mel all time time, what a massive cu..

3. Bargaining - We have a good case to get admin overturned - Mel said it’ll only be 4 points for 1 year. How much will HMRC take to duck off?

4. Depression - Duck me, this reality is dawning on me -will we have a club.

5. Acceptance - Were going down despite it being mathematically possible to stay up.

Yesterday’s result pushed me to the acceptance stage. I don’t think we’ll be liquidated but I’m sure we’re going down.

Getting out of this mess with DCFC still in existence will do me.

Edited by 24Charlie

15 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

5 stages of grief.
1. Denial - All paper talk Mel has the EFL on strings, books where already signed off.

2. Anger - My god it was Mel all time time, what a massive cu..

3. Bargaining - We have a good case to get admin overturned - Mel said it’ll only be 4 points for 1 year. How much will HMRC take to duck off.

4. Depression - Duck me, this reality is dawning on me -will we have a club.

5. Acceptance - Were going down despite it being mathematically possible to stay up.

Yesterday’s result pushed me to the acceptance stage. I don’t think we’ll be liquidated but I’m sure we’re going down.

Getting out of this mess with DCFC still in existence will do me.

I think I have been at acceptance stage since we went into admin... really if the wish fairy had said due to cutbacks she could only offer two wishes instead of three, one of them would be to ensure we still have a club even if we have to accept dropping into League One. 

I always thought we had a good case against the 12 point deduction but was never sure whether it would make any difference to us as we had so many other problems anyway, and so it seems to be turning out.

My anger is at the whole situation, and by no means do I only blame Mel Morris. The whole system is corrupt, including the Sky TV money, the EFL, the Government closing the stadium without compensating the club . Maybe HMRC now if they are playing hard ball. So that anger certainly hasn't passed.

Edited by PistoldPete

Definitely 5 but you still can’t ignore what tiny glimmer of hope there might be.

The only positive for me (assuming we don’t get liquidated) is that, given how desperately unlikely it is that we will stay up, the defeats don’t get me down as much as they would normally.
Can you imagine the mighty let down it would be if, by some miracle, somehow we managed to close the gap and only needed to avoid defeat in the last game away at Blackpool? The away end would be sold out (as it will be anyway) and there would be a bit of a party atmosphere (as there will be anyway). It would be incredibly tense and we end up losing.

4 and 5. Not convinced a buyer will take on the club with that level of debt-Morris has been trying to sell the club for years...why hasn't it been sold yet? Can't see much changing ultimately but hope I am wrong. Stunned at how much is owed. Shocked Morris has mismanaged the club like this. Would be delighted with new owners and league 1 next season.