Bristol City (A) Matchday Thread

roboto

Watching this game and others. Can anyone tell me the game plan because i have no idea watching it. Are we a lump it side, possession based side. I have nn idea what we set up to play and he's been in charge for a year now. This team has no identity whatsoever. 

Edited by Barney1991

3 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

But draws are not really any use. We need to nick wins.... 

conceding easily avoidable soft goals would give us a sporting chance, cant help but think defensively weve slipped a lottle into the habbits of last season

And it starts from the front where unfortunately we have quite literally nothing … sadly 

Just now, Barney1991 said:

Watching this game and others. Can anyone tell me the game plan because i have no idea watching it. Are we a lump it side, possession based side. I have non idea what we set up to play and he's been in charge for a year now. This team has no identity whatsoever. 

We’ve gone all Cliff Thorburn again, try to bore the opposition into a stupor and then win it on the black after 43 safety shots.

1 minute ago, Barney1991 said:

Watching this game and others. Can anyone tell me the game plan because i have no idea watching it. Are we a lump it side, possession based side. I have non idea what we set up to play and he's been in charge for a year now. This team has no identity whatsoever. 

He’s trying his best Barney ?

9 minutes ago, Topram said:

Fights gone that was pathetic 4 hours journey each way for that so so poor

Feel for you. 

That was my point pre-match really...CKR, Sibley, Joz, Morrison, none of them have pulled up too many trees this season. But Rooney surely has to hope the 'better',  more experienced/ talented players will find some form and click...because that midfield (coupled with Knight out wide and a green youngster with pace to burn) was really never going to take the game to the opposition? Looked like a team that had come to be steady, workmanlike and possibly steal a point. What happened to the shackles coming off?

Edited by Chester40

6 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

Its missing any attacking threat which will happen when the only two centre forwards at the club (and i use that term loosly) arnt fit to start or play

any side would look pretty ordinary playing wothout something that resembles a centre forward 

lawence is a stop gap cf … and hes hit and miss at the best of times in his more natural position so its no surprise is it 

seperate note but that buchanan injury really is hurting us too, fozzy needs putting out of his and our misery bless him

Edited by NottsRam77

Just now, Chester40 said:

Feel for you. 

That was my point pre-match really...CKR, Sibley, Joz, Morrison, none of them never pulled up too many trees this season. But Rooney surely has to hope the 'better',  more experienced/ talented players will find some form and click...because that midfield (coupled with Knight out wide and a green youngster with pace to burn) was really never going to take the game to the opposition? Looked like a team that had come to be steady, workmanlike and possibly steal a point. What happened to the shackles coming off?

Two of them came on and did little. Sibley was anonymous in the U23 match last night. So just Joz then?

6 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

He’s trying his best Barney ?

I know he's trying his best and he's hot hands tied behind his back but at least have a style of play because i cant work out what we are trying to play. Somebody a year in charge should at least put an identity on the team. We don't hold onto the ball, we lump it to a false 9 attack with no height. We don't break the lines or pass the ball through the lines. I don't see anybody busting a gut to run from midfield. 

I'm just stating I have no idea what the game plan is from someone who has been in charge for 12 months. 

Edited by Barney1991

2 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Its missing any attacking threat which will happen when the only two centre forwards at the club (and i lose that term loosly) arnt fit to start or play

any side would look pretty ordinary playing wothout something that resembles a centre forward 

lawence is a stop gap cf … and hes hit and miss at the best of times in his more natural position so its no surprise is it 

seperate note but that buchanan injury really is hurting us too, fozzy needs putting out of his and our misery bless him

CKR has been on the bench now for the last 6 games. If rooney really wanted to play him he would be getting at least 30 minutes by now. As for baldock play him all you want he wont hit a barn door. 

We'd be pretty close to the relegation zone now even without the massive points deductions. This kind of performance shows why. I think it's miraculous we've done as well as we have with a paper thin squad of kids (some of whom aren't half as good as we think), ageing journeymen and a couple of senior pros who aren't exactly pulling up trees. 

Just hope we get the off field stuff sorted soon, because a bit of a reset is what we need. 

Edited by vonwright

It wasn’t great, but can’t fault the lads. We’re just not very good and we’re playing to par with the quality of squad available.

We desperately lack quality in they creative positions. I just don’t see where the goals are coming from as we barely create anything.

We probably have the lowest XG in the league. We’ve scored only five away goals in 11 games on the road and three in the last nine away trips.