Bristol City (A) Matchday Thread

roboto

1 minute ago, Unlucky Alf said:

I'd change that pretty smartish

It’s a catchphrase. So you’re intentions are good but not quite right…

Just now, Unlucky Alf said:

I know it's a catch phrase but colour and monkey should not be used in todays world

Oh come on don’t be ridiculous. You know he didn’t mean that.

1 hour ago, Chester40 said:

Feel for you. 

That was my point pre-match really...CKR, Sibley, Joz, Morrison, none of them have pulled up too many trees this season. But Rooney surely has to hope the 'better',  more experienced/ talented players will find some form and click...because that midfield (coupled with Knight out wide and a green youngster with pace to burn) was really never going to take the game to the opposition? Looked like a team that had come to be steady, workmanlike and possibly steal a point. What happened to the shackles coming off?

I expected a lot of stick when I came back on and saw 5 notifications on this, was a post not long after id left the ground but feelings haven’t changed, we know we are probably going down but today 1700 sold out went and no fight nothing, after 1 bad result didn’t expect that from us today, we’ve generally reacted well to a bad performance but today wasn’t that, hope the rest of the season isn’t as bad! 

Disappointing day but for the life of me how do you hope to win games with no forwards or shots on goal!

CKR is he fit after his latest injury, doubt it for surley he would be starting, Jack must be injured although for me he should have been playing most of the season, for we need goals, and if you are attacking you take pressure off an ageing defence, we are down so please attack for the negativity is not working.

Curtis decision making and passing we got it wrong today ( failed to add we will sort it out on the training pitch!!! ) you and many more are seasoned professional footballers and that is a poor excuse.  Football is not rocket science so try attacking it may surprise you all.

1 minute ago, SirBrian said:

Disappointing day but for the life of me how do you hope to win games with no forwards or shots on goal!

CKR is he fit after his latest injury, doubt it for surley he would be starting, Jack must be injured although for me he should have been playing most of the season, for we need goals, and if you are attacking you take pressure off an ageing defence, we are down so please attack for the negativity is not working.

Curtis decision making and passing we got it wrong today ( failed to add we will sort it out on the training pitch!!! ) you and many more are seasoned professional footballers and that is a poor excuse.  Football is not rocket science so try attacking it may surprise you all.

We’re stuck really. We have no strikers, little quality in creative positions while adopting a safety-first mentality.

Our structure means we are solid at the back, can remain in games, but were devoid of any attacking intent. It’s little wonder our two most common score lines this season are 0-0 and 1-0.

It’s almost as if we’ve accepted defeat and inevitable relegation but we don’t want to be embarrassed.

2 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

We’re stuck really. We have no strikers, little quality in creative positions while adopting a safety-first mentality...It’s almost as if we’ve accepted defeat and inevitable relegation but we don’t want to be embarrassed.

The first point makes the second If true and I don't think so) somewhat understandable. But bottom line is without the points deduction this limited squad would be out of the relegation zone.

Edited by RoyMac5

8 minutes ago, Brammie Steve said:

All of the above!

Ed Dawes bingo:

80’s

Trains

Dawes/Pepper household

80’s

Nelson Mandela House

80’s

An incorrect recollection of a result in the last 10 years

Comments about refereeing after he once reffed an u12s game

oh and the 80’s.

1 hour ago, Barney1991 said:

We hardly added when cocu was in charge first season and he got us to 12th. Albeit with martin and waghorn in the side. 

True, but didnt We still have Huddlestone and the like at the club also

As u say .. martin being a recognised and proven leader of the line at this level.. something weve been playing without for weeks/ months 

Before this season started, before any deductions were implemented, we were nailed on to finish dead last by both bookies and fans alike. So I genuinely find it bizzare that some of our fans consistently criticise Rooney for not doing better when if it wasn't for the points deduction we'd be a few places out of the relegation zone. The fact of the matter is our squad is appalling and even without the -21 points staying up would have been an achievement. We don't have a single CB under the age of 34 nor do we have a reliable and consistent goalkeeper. We have two senior strikers, one is permanently injured and the other is a 35 year old struggling to find match fitness after another injury. Our midfield has 1 player who can reliably pass in Bielik and he's recovering from his 2nd ACL in 2 years.

We do have some good players in the first team and the academy lads who have done well to make up for some of the squads deficiencies but there's only so much that can be expected of them. The squad has had some serious problem areas for a few seasons now and it seems very unfair to expect Rooney to fix them using teenagers from the academy while having no access to the transfer market. I understand being upset at the performance, especially when the first half was as dire as it was today. However I don't understand consistently having a pop at a manager for not achieving the impossible while having one arm tied behind his back in his first managerial role.

Edited by lrm14