Bristol City (A) Matchday Thread

roboto

Regardless of whether you think Rooney is a good manager or not the reality is that he's going to be here until at least the end of January if the administrators timelines are realistic. 

So folks can grumble and gripe about Rooney but the facts are it'll be groundhog day every Saturday as he ain't going anywhere soon.

Just now, Tyler Durden said:

Regardless of whether you think Rooney is a good manager or not the reality is that he's going to be here until at least the end of January if the administrators timelines are realistic. 

So folks can grumble and gripe about Rooney but the facts are it'll be groundhog day every Saturday as he ain't going anywhere soon.

I don't mind him being here as long as there is improvement but again 1 win in the last 11 doesn't smack of improvement. Tbh id be happy if i knew the way he wanted to play and saw a game plan. How many times are we being caught for goals where he plays the full backs so high they can't get back but still doesn't have the brains to change it. This is by what i mean he is out of his depth. Lets just hope he learns for next season from this season on where he has gone wrong.  

3 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Wazza seems to have gone from pariah to messiah and back to meh in half a season...... ?

Just now, Van der MoodHoover said:

Wazza seems to have gone from pariah to messiah and back to meh in half a season...... ?

Went to the messiah because he stuck with us even though it took another team to keep us up on the last day. Ive never known us to be so down that we are happy to win 4 so far this season out of 22. We were on the backs of other managers for less. Remember when clement had us 5th and half this forum wanted him gone for less. Never ever get it. 

Just now, Barney1991 said:

I don't mind him being here as long as there is improvement but again 1 win in the last 11 doesn't smack of improvement. Tbh id be happy if i knew the way he wanted to play and saw a game plan. How many times are we being caught for goals where he plays the full backs so high they can't get back but still doesn't have the brains to change it. This is by what i mean he is out of his depth. Lets just hope he learns for next season from this season on where he has gone wrong.  

For avoidance of doubt I'm not defending Rooney as a manager neither am I being critical of him, just pointing out that whether you like or loathe Rooney as a manager the reality is that he's going to be here for another 2 months minimum IF the administrators timeframes are correct. 

IF we get new owners in then what manager of any pedigree would then jump at the chance of taking over the reigns of a club with one foot in League 1 and a shower of variable playing talent?

2 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

No complaints from me there Barny...But! what on earth is Rosenior his assistant doing, If he's a nodding donkey and there just to appease WR then a P45 should be issued, You have an assistant for footballing reasons...i'd hope

1 minute ago, Barney1991 said:

Went to the messiah because he stuck with us even though it took another team to keep us up on the last day. Ive never known us to be so down that we are happy to win 4 so far this season out of 22. We were on the backs of other managers for less. Remember when clement had us 5th and half this forum wanted him gone for less. Never ever get it. 

My thinking was he was a pariah for "slapper gate", messiah for his work around the club on going into administration and meh for being, well, 

4 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

For avoidance of doubt I'm not defending Rooney as a manager neither am I being critical of him, just pointing out that whether you like or loathe Rooney as a manager the reality is that he's going to be here for another 2 months minimum IF the administrators timeframes are correct. 

IF we get new owners in then what manager of any pedigree would then jump at the chance of taking over the reigns of a club with one foot in League 1 and a shower of variable playing talent?

Tbh id go for Ryan Lowe at Plymouth if we get to the end of the season as i would keep Rooney till end of season with where we are it would be pointless to sack mid season and we don't have the money. Been impressed with Lowe there tbh. D a good job where was before them as well 

Edited by Barney1991

1 minute ago, Crewton said:

Cutting to the chase, I'd love to hear how the "Rooney out" merchants who appear after EVERY SINGLE DEFEAT would fund the sacking of him and his coaching team and attract a new manager right now. 

Come on, let's hear your plan. 

I'd keep him till the end of the season in all fairness. I'm just stating what I've said earlier regards game plans and records but i wouldn't pay to sack him and at least let him see out the season. 

6 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

Exactly Barney…..if he wants to play wing backs play 3 centre halves, otherwise we are exposed. Not rocket science. Wazza has been dealt a very poor hand but not played it particularly well. I am happy for him to stay and see it through until the end of January when hopefully the new owners are in place and then it will be time for a change ?

Just now, Barney1991 said:

I'd keep him till the end of the season in all fairness. I'm just stating what I've said earlier regards game plans and records but i wouldn't pay to sack him and at least let him see out the season. 

If we retain Rooney it needs to be done on far better terms. He’s still one of the highest paid managers in the Championship. In League One his salary will be that of many others combined.

And he hasn’t really warranted it has he?

1 minute ago, Barney1991 said:

You'd still have to pay him off, which is not a great way to start a new era of financially responsible management. 

3 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

If we retain Rooney it needs to be done on far better terms. He’s still one of the highest paid managers in the Championship. In League One his salary will be that of many others combined.

And he hasn’t really warranted it has he?

Thought you meant far better terms for him for a split second....

friends-matt-leblanc.gif