Bristol City (A) Matchday Thread

roboto

3 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Let’s have some positivity about Wazza then, you can start ??

Lets be honest here...is there any positivity AT ALL where DCFC are concerned, The one saving grace was...there seemed some fight within this squad, Reading all this thread from kick off that seams to have been blown away with the strong winds at Ashton Gate

13 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Well his statement today would suggest that the players aren't always playing as he's set them up to.

So that points to what they are learning on the training ground then or they just don't listen to the manager. Either way that's not good. If i took over manager and had the same record would you give me this much slack. 

9 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

That's interesting and I wonder why that is. 

Don't tend to last long in most jobs if you disregard a direct instruction and then achieve a poor outcome as a result.... ?

There's a combination of limited squad and 'fluctuating' talent available. Maybe Rooney is making his mind up about who he'll try and 'let go' in January?

32 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

My comment was a tad tongue in cheek Barney. Even when he had a reasonable squad at his disposal last season he didn’t pull up any trees. I still hope that if we can get new owners in place we have a complete overhaul of the squad and management team. A total fresh start ?

When u say reasonable ur talking about a side that hasnt been meaningfully added to in nearly 2 years now… the saying if u stand still in football ur going backwards… but what if ur already going backwards .. compared to our competition being able to add to their squads for the last 18 months to 2 years were on a landside 

as abject as it wad today and has been im not apportioning blame to rooney as it stands

6 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Lets be honest here...is there any positivity AT ALL where DCFC are concerned, The one saving grace was...there seemed some fight within this squad, Reading all this thread from kick off that seams to have been blown away with the strong winds at Ashton Gate

We did only lose 1-0 and had decent chances for on target shots that weren't taken. 

I am very happy we don't have Pearson as manager and that I am not a Bristol City fan. They have a talented squad that relies on time-wasting and long throw-ins. There's always a silver-lining to any game!

Just now, Jourdan said:

We can’t be too despondent.

Bristol City have an experienced Championship manager and quality players like Martin and Weimann.

Rooney and the players did exceptionally well.

Jourdan mate, you must have been thinking how thankful you are not to be a Bristol City fan, right? #COYR

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

We did only lose 1-0 and had decent chances for on target shots that weren't taken

I am very happy we don't have Pearson as manager and that I am not a Bristol City fan. They have a talented squad that relies on time-wasting and long throw-ins. There's always a silver-lining to any game!

So I was right then?

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

We did only lose 1-0 and had decent chances for on target shots that weren't taken. 

1-0………we only lost 1-0 ?

We haven’t been allowed to have a centre forward all season CKR has done ok for an old converted winger but this season looks completely spent whilst Baldock was a cheap broken option so the EFL could say they let us have someone.

you can’t win many games if you are not allowed to have any forwards and the EFL have forced most if not all your better prospects to be out of contract and not sure where they will be in four weeks to four months time.

4 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

When u say reasonable ur talking about a side that hasnt been meaningfully added to in nearly 2 years now… the saying if u stand still in football ur going backwards… but what if ur already going backwards .. compared to our competition being able to add to their squads for the last 18 months to 2 years were on a landside 

as abject as it wad today and has been im not apportioning blame to rooney as it stands

We hardly added when cocu was in charge first season and he got us to 12th. Albeit with martin and waghorn in the side.