QPR (H) Matchday Thread

ThePrisoner

11 hours ago, jono said:

So Barnsley and Peterborough drew. Win on Monday and we narrow the gap. Suddenly it’s 12 points to safety 

Do it again and we are in single figures. 

Game by game, along with prayers to the football gods. 

Suddenly it's 12 pts to overtake Barnsley (Or 11pts, inc a superior GD).

So Look again!
We need to pass the current 21st, and finish 21st ourselves, thus shifting the current 21/22/23 down a place.  That's currently Reading on 20pts, 19 ahead of us. 
We're 19pts from safety... or 16, if we win on Monday.

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

So Look again!
We need to pass the current 21st, and finish 21st ourselves, thus shifting the current 21/22/23 down a place.  That's currently Reading on 20pts, 19 ahead of us. 

You are Mr Carter (show me your working out boy ! ) 2b maths teacher…... I claim my fiver. 

2 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

So Look again!

As you might be pointing out, one thing that won’t happen this season is that we go  down on goal difference !

45 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

As you might be pointing out, one thing that won’t happen this season is that we go  down on goal difference !

I was just about to ask why!  ?‍♂️

...But then I (presume) I understand your reasoning.  We'd have done so well (to get to that point), we'd have a far superior GD to anyone else who is down there purely based on results!

Hadn't thought of that!  ??

Only thing we can do is keep going...

My team suggestion:

Roos
Byrne  Jagielka  Davies  Forsyth
      Thompson  Bird  Shinnie
      Knight  Kazim  Lawrence

Subs: Allsop, Jozwiak, Morrison, Stearman, Sibley, Ebosele, Williams

Such a shame that we can't give some of our youth players (Plange, Ebiowei etc.) a chance in the first team due to ridiculous EFL rules. All they're doing is stopping young players getting a chance!

4 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

I was just about to ask why!  ?‍♂️

...But then I (presume) I understand your reasoning.  We'd have done so well (to get to that point), we'd have a far superior GD to anyone else who is down there purely based on results!

Hadn't thought of that!  ??

So...not Mr Carter then..

31 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

We need, from now on, about 1.7 points per game if we have any chance to stay up. We can't afford to lose many more games this season. Winning tonight would be a great way to start the Christmas period... Should have a few 'easier' fixtures against Bristol, Cardiff, Blackpool after this.. 

Not losing isn't as important as winning - 16 wins and 11 defeats would give us a good chance. 27 draws won't. 14 wins, 6 draws, 7 defeats is fine.

Most importantly, we need to win all of the games against the 5 or 6 teams above us.

On 28/11/2021 at 09:21, kevinhectoring said:

Not necessarily the case.

A number of posters have suggested that other clubs getting docked points by the efl may bring them into relegation contention, Reading be the obvious example. Their goal difference is only 4 worse than ours. That could very easily change in 90 minutes, as we know to our cost in years gone by.

At this point though, I'd give anything to be in a position where relegation is likely to go down to goal difference at the end of the season.

2 hours ago, Addingham Ram said:

Not necessarily the case.

A number of posters have suggested that other clubs getting docked points by the efl may bring them into relegation contention, Reading be the obvious example. Their goal difference is only 4 worse than ours. That could very easily change in 90 minutes, as we know to our cost in years gone by.

At this point though, I'd give anything to be in a position where relegation is likely to go down to goal difference at the end of the season.

Which other clubs are still be considered for a points deduction?

If they deducted some points from a couple of other clubs that surely would help bring them closer to us? 

3 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

Which other clubs are still be considered for a points deduction?

If they deducted some points from a couple of other clubs that surely would help bring them closer to us? 

I'm not sure what other clubs may or may not be deducted points this season, but others gave suggested it is a possibility, and in these uncertain times, how can anybody rule it out?

My point however Ram1988 was specifically aimed at the comment on our goal difference being superior to the teams in and around the bottom of the table. In most cases it is, but Reading's goal difference is better than all of the teams around them except ours.

Any other clubs being deducted points this season, if they were sat mid table before such a points deduction would in theory have a much better goal difference than say Barnsley or Peterborough.

So my point was, that whilst our goal difference looks like it would give us an advantage over teams genuinely in a relegation battle because they are poor, it might not give us as much of an advantage over any teams that are in a relegation battle due to a points deduction, like Reading game. Sorry if I didn't make that clear.