QPR (H) Matchday Thread

ThePrisoner

I really like the look of QPR this season, as a team, I would say they're amongst the better ones in the league without parachute payments - possibly the best non-parachute payment side in the league. A win tonight would see them go third and put a bit of space between themselves and Stoke. I think that's too big of a carrot not to garner their full attention. 

If they're over-eager then we hopefully could pick them off for a s**thouse home victory, but I'd be surprised to see anything other than a QPR win. 

For those hoping this game gets put back until Bielik is available... it's not looking good!

As of 11am ish, all the surrounding roads are clear (apart from temp lights at the roundabout nearest the C&T statue, but presume they will be gone before match traffic begins?)

The pathways immediately around the stadium are scraped, salted, and clear.  Same for the pathways I could see between the stadium and the City Centre (Down past the David Lloyd place etc), and from the Wilmorton side. 
No idea about the Toys R Us/New footbridge side, and no idea about the southern stadium car parks etc.

The yellow cones are out along the west side kerbs.  The stewards are manning the west car park entrance, and pies were being off-loaded!

It very much looks like everyone is carrying out their usual matchday duties, with the same usual expectation that the game will be going ahead.

?

14 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

For those hoping this game gets put back until Bielik is available... it's not looking good!

As of 11am ish, all the surrounding roads are clear (apart from temp lights at the roundabout nearest the C&T statue, but presume they will be gone before match traffic begins?)

The pathways immediately around the stadium are scraped, salted, and clear.  Same for the pathways I could see between the stadium and the City Centre (Down past the David Lloyd place etc), and from the Wilmorton side. 
No idea about the Toys R Us/New footbridge side, and no idea about the southern stadium car parks etc.

The yellow cones are out along the west side kerbs.  The stewards are manning the west car park entrance, and pies were being off-loaded!

It very much looks like everyone is carrying out their usual matchday duties, with the same usual expectation that the game will be going ahead.

Just like Cardiff then.?

?

Simpson has overseen 11 games so far this season in all competitions, showing 40 yellow cards and two reds in the process.

His last Derby match was the 2-1 home win over Stoke City in September as Max Bird and Curtis Davies' goals fired Wayne Rooney's side to victory.

Simpson will be assisted by Richard Wild and Rob Smith on the lines, whilst Andy Woolmer has been appointed as the fourth official.

45 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

It would be peak Derby to take four points from Bournemouth and Fulham then get murdered by QPR.

This is my fear. Especially as I’m off to the pub to watch it and generally bad things happen whilst I’m in the pub so this isn’t the most sensible decisions I will make today.

Can’t wait to hear the original Bobby Zamora chant again, it’s my highlight of playing QPR. 

I’m hoping we can come up with something along the lines of if Steve Gibson sues us, we’re gonna sue you, followed by a joint rendition of F the EFL.

On 28/11/2021 at 15:03, Yani P said:

So...not Mr Carter then..

Mr Carter (full title Lt commander WR Carter RN Rtd) was a pretty good teacher but more than anything he had a sense of humour. “Anymore brains and you’d be a halfwit” . He was stationed in Malta where at the entrance to Naval HQ they had an aviary full of budgies. He said it was his dream that one day all the budgies would be lined up on the same perch and he’d be able to say “budgies ….’shun” .. but boys .. it never happened….  so instead of being a camander of master aviators I am stuck here with you lot. 

28 minutes ago, David said:

This is my fear. Especially as I’m off to the pub to watch it and generally bad things happen whilst I’m in the pub so this isn’t the most sensible decisions I will make today.

Can’t wait to hear the original Bobby Zamora chant again, it’s my highlight of playing QPR. 

I’m hoping we can come up with something along the lines of if Steve Gibson sues us, we’re gonna sue you, followed by a joint rendition of F the EFL.

Why would QPR fans sing F the EFL? Their team got off lightly.