Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

Just now, IslandExile said:

Either way.... My point was in response to Barry's claim that Appleby didn't yet have the money.

Mate I don’t think anyone genuinely knows what is going on either way .

I think we just need to wait and see .

Hopefully we have a preferred bidder sooner rather than later  .

Can’t believe how it’s dragging on 

on the Boro/Wycombe issue, both of these Clubs, so far have incurred the cost of a letter to the Admins making a "claim". We should IMO respond by saying we do not see them as a creditor and no offer will be made to them. This puts the ball back in their court to make a decision as to whether they want to start incurring real costs that may result in losses. At the moment they are in no jeopardy and we need to ensure they are faced with the possibility of losing money rather than gaining money.

The Christmas Eve Talksport interview with the admins is here: 

https://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1640340000/1640349000/ (17 mins)

In that, they say “the current bidder is likely to be given the preferred bidder status.  He is seven figures higher than previous bids”. 

That’s still the case as far as any of us know!

26 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Dear mods,

Can we please change the title of this thread to: Alan Nixon Breaks Wind...

Technically speaking, it's probably more accurate and would make me laugh because I'm quite juvenile and still think fart jokes are funny.

Ta x

You are like a good cheese Hairy, very mature ?

1 hour ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Dear mods,

Can we please change the title of this thread to: Alan Nixon Breaks Wind...

Technically speaking, it's probably more accurate and would make me laugh because I'm quite juvenile and still think fart jokes are funny.

Ta x

My 6 month old lad farted at Christmas, he, me (29), my dad (52) and my grandad (75) all laughed. Farts and fart jokes will never not be funny. ?

Well let’s hope it’s true regarding Boro and that other bunch of tinpots efforts to hijack our takeover process. The only concern would be if it went to some EFL kangaroo arbitration panel that would try and stitch us up.

Otherwise…….They we’re only trying to cause trouble and make a quick quid. 

Now it’s put up, or shut up time!

If their egos get the better of them then costs are going to start accumulating for them. I expect that brass in Wycombe to fall by the wayside and then we’ll see if Gibson is as stupid as he looks!

image.jpeg.383bf5ceb73f9dc8be398bac424837bf.jpeg

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

I don’t think the admins would have let him get this far without strong evidence of dosh

Ok so kirchner messed around with his bid, he bid lower because he didn’t want to be footing the bill IF Boro and Wycombe win their cases. He then went in with one final bid with the deadline of Christmas - this fell on deaf ears so pulled that left Appleby in the driving seat. But no money had been fronted at that point - Appleby isn’t putting any money in he is a front man alongside moxey and Morgan. The “ imminent” comment from admin was panic from kirchner pulling. 

3 minutes ago, Barrytheanon said:

Ok so kirchner messed around with his bid, he bid lower because he didn’t want to be footing the bill IF Boro and Wycombe win their cases. He then went in with one final bid with the deadline of Christmas - this fell on deaf ears so pulled that left Appleby in the driving seat. But no money had been fronted at that point - Appleby isn’t putting any money in he is a front man alongside moxey and Morgan. The “ imminent” comment from admin was panic from kirchner pulling. 

yes, 'imminent' was probably ill advised. At least they didn't say 48 hours

I seriously doubt that any buyer will spend £50m to buy a club that has a £50m claim threatened against it. I don't think Appleby will, I'd guess he and Morgan might well be in Middlesborough right now (Sunday evening), and that Couhig might be on the phone. Appleby and Morgan might need a shower afterwards

As for Kirchner, not so sure he messed around, I'd guess he and Stretford put together a structure that didn't suit the admins or the numerous other 'stakeholders' - ie EFL, HMRC, MM, unsecured creditors - and that the admins simply concluded Appleby was the guy who would get over the line

One delicious irony here is that Stretford probably encouraged Kirchner because he wants Rooney to remain gainfully employed. But Rooney and the team are making that an inevitability 

4 hours ago, Barrytheanon said:

I believe he wants this to go full circle and To have some sort of redemption in the future this is what has been signalled to me

I wasn't sure if this was a serious reply to my post or not @Barrytheanon. Sorry if I misread it and replied inappropriately.

Edited by Miggins

8 minutes ago, Barrytheanon said:

1. Ok so kirchner messed around with his bid, he bid lower because he didn’t want to be footing the bill IF Boro and Wycombe win their cases.

2. He then went in with one final bid with the deadline of Christmas - this fell on deaf ears so pulled

3. That left Appleby in the driving seat. But no money had been fronted at that point

4. Appleby isn’t putting any money in he is a front man alongside moxey and Morgan. The “ imminent” comment from admin was panic from kirchner pulling. 

1. Kirchners own words, I've not spoken to Admin for 2 months...that is what he said on social media.

2. Kirchner then puts in another offer(higher at a guess) even tho he didn't want to foot the bill if Boro/Wycombe win their case.

3. Appleby(Consortium)doesn't need to put any money in until they're the prefered bidder.

4. Why would Admin panic when Kirchner pulled, Admin already stated their thoughts on Kirchner in an interview.

27 minutes ago, Barrytheanon said:

"Imminent" was clearly a mistake. Nevertheless, I sincerely doubt that Administrators would "panic".

Moreover, surely they cannot state there has been other bids if that isn't the case. Presumably, Administrators operate within rules and regulations that would prevent such 'behaviour'.

Edited by IslandExile

1 hour ago, Ramslad1992 said:

My 6 month old lad farted at Christmas, he, me (29), my dad (52) and my grandad (75) all laughed. Farts and fart jokes will never not be funny. ?

You say that!!! It must be a boy thing! We played consequences over Christmas and every response my sons and husband put involved farts, poo, vomit or all three and they were all in hysterics as if such a joke had never been told every single time. Relying on female posters for back-up!!

10 hours ago, i-Ram said:

All Nixon speculation obviously, and I note everybody remains fixated on Boro and Wycombe, but Morris also wants £20m to let ‘his’ stadium go to the new owners. ‘One of our own’ my arse. Suck it up Morris. Your mismanagement put us in this doodah and still you can’t walk away without trying to recover monies that would be better earmarked to ensure first the survival, and then the regeneration, of the Club.

I heard a few things several months ago and one of them was was that Morris wanted £20 million for the stadium or a figure for a yearly rental agreement which I won’t currently state plus something else so we will see what we end up with.

9 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

Gibson knows we don’t have the money to go to court. Once barristers get involved , the costs will go through the roof. The Bosman case went on for years and the lawyers got fat. His strategy is clear- Hold up the sale for as long as possible. Wycombe are just along for the ride.

I would hope none of our fans slip/trip/fall when at Middlesbrough and end up having to be taking legal action 

22 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

You say that!!! It must be a boy thing! We played consequences over Christmas and every response my sons and husband put involved farts, poo, vomit or all three and they were all in hysterics as if such a joke had never been told every single time. Relying on female posters for back-up!!

I agree with @86 Hair Islands on most things football-related, but on this matter, I am in complete opposition. 

I remember such jokes were commonplace in the school playground. Primary school, that is!