Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

Are you sure Morris still 'owns' the stadium? ?

The analysis is complex though it’s almost definitely rip van winkle who owns the stadium. But @i-Ram is on the money. There are recent companies house and land registry filings that indicate Lucifer from Littleover is about to slip the stadium up his trouser leg and hobble off down the A52, assisted by a large paper tiger and the ghosts of several imaginary bears,  all in accordance with ancient legal precedent. @i-Ram, please send me some of this stuff you are taking, I’ll pay anything, details to follow by PM  

Edited by kevinhectoring

52 minutes ago, I am Ram said:

Rooney should get Gary Neville and Sky to shine a light on this disgusting behaviour.

And the guy on Quest, who generally seems to like us! If this is going to court though, I guess most TV commentary would want to avoid talking about it. 

11 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Where’s he getting his info. Presumably Stretford. Still seems like he’s trying to join the dots around the Appleby bid and he doesn’t really know. The Canadian reference could be Brett Wilson’s association with Appleby so he’s definitely scrambling on that.

But confirms what we knew about Kirchner being outbid and that Wycombe and Boro are digging their heels in. If the preferred bidder is willing to take on the risk then duck em, take the bar stewards all the way to court and counterclaim the duck out of them! Bamfords!! 

Looks like Nick De Marco could be getting some more work from us!

I have experienced getting insurance about claims from third parties when a will was lost. It was expensive but why are we not doing that. Getting an indemnity insurance against losing the court cases. That way tweedle Dee and tweedle dum might just go forth and multiply. 

there is another thing here I would have thought that if we won they would pick up the bill. 

i would be interested if any lawyer on here (based on the limited information we know) would give us an opinion on the validity of the claim. I have some legal training in criminal law and a little in TORT etc and I think on the balance of probabilities that we would not be the sole cause of either claim but I am not a lawyer 

2 hours ago, Gritstone Ram said:

If it goes to court I can’t see how we can lose even if the ruling goes against us it would open up a whole avenue of claims for us to make against other clubs.

Gibson knows we don’t have the money to go to court. Once barristers get involved , the costs will go through the roof. The Bosman case went on for years and the lawyers got fat. His strategy is clear- Hold up the sale for as long as possible. Wycombe are just along for the ride.

7 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

I have experienced getting insurance about claims from third parties when a will was lost. It was expensive but why are we not doing that. Getting an indemnity insurance against losing the court cases. That way tweedle Dee and tweedle dum might just go forth and multiply. 

there is another thing here I would have thought that if we won they would pick up the bill. 

i would be interested if any lawyer on here (based on the limited information we know) would give us an opinion on the validity of the claim. I have some legal training in criminal law and a little in TORT etc and I think on the balance of probabilities that we would not be the sole cause of either claim but I am not a lawyer 

I would imagine the cost of such indemnity insurance would be extremely high. No insurance company is going to risk splashing out millions in the event of the case being lost without charging a hefty premium. Obviously I know nothing about your lost will case but suspect is may have been a lot simpler and for a significantly lesser amount.

9 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I would imagine the cost of such indemnity insurance would be extremely high. No insurance company is going to risk splashing out millions in the event of the case being lost without charging a hefty premium. Obviously I know nothing about your lost will case but suspect is may have been a lot simpler and for a significantly lesser amount.

Yes we can insure this....the premium is 80% of the liability

40 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

Don’t claim to be a proper lawyer but I think the claim is totally bogus. Problem is, as someone has pointed out, the EFl rules require it to go to arbitration not the courts. Courts give black and white judgements, arbitration is more likely to result in a compromise. 

The Nixon article looks like confused gibberish. It did make me wonder whether someone on Appleby’s team has shared a glass of egg nog with Gibson and Couhig in an attempt to compromise 

I don’t think insurance will solve this. And whatever the strength of the claim it takes some cahones to buy a company for 50£m ignoring a claim of £50m against that company. One solution would be for MM to take control of the litigation, pay the cost of it, and to indemnify the buyer for any loss. But even that would not be simple and doesn’t sound like a runner

i think we’ll ultimately hear that our buyer has compromised the claims pre- sale. Problem is it allows the litigants to stick the boot in one last time, by holding out and spoiling  our transfer window

Edited by kevinhectoring

36 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

You are right of course we are talking less than a million re the will and only a couple of prat’s that had an issue. But thank you

2 hours ago, i-Ram said:

All Nixon speculation obviously, and I note everybody remains fixated on Boro and Wycombe, but Morris also wants £20m to let ‘his’ stadium go to the new owners. ‘One of our own’ my arse. Suck it up Morris. Your mismanagement put us in this doodah and still you can’t walk away without trying to recover monies that would be better earmarked to ensure first the survival, and then the regeneration, of the Club.

Your correct re Morris.   I still have absolutely no idea why he didn't clear liability and sell the club for a nominal fee to match the assets on the pitch, with a nominal payback of say 5 million a year for 6 years getting his final outlay back.  That could have been worth 25 million up front and 30 million over the next 6 years, or payment in full on any promotion.  

25 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

Forest poohouse trying to argue that we should be forced to have a fire sale

Perhaps we can loan him to a Greek team for 3 million quid for the season.  Oh forgot , that's just monopoly money to circumnavigate FFP and isn't real.  Could we not buy a player for a Greek team for 3 million , them move them on a free to us 6 months later circumnavigating FFP and indeed pay them nominal wages with the Greek side picking up the remainder circumnavigating FFP and tax to the exchequer.

Total saints aren't they.