Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

10 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

No it just suggests it would cost us more money to fight it than to pay them to go away. And that's what they are relying on.

Too true, I've been involved at Industrial Tribunals where the company offered payment on the day of the case, As it was cheaper than to go into court.

Not an admission of guilt tho.

7 hours ago, i-Ram said:

All Nixon speculation obviously, and I note everybody remains fixated on Boro and Wycombe, but Morris also wants £20m to let ‘his’ stadium go to the new owners. ‘One of our own’ my arse. Suck it up Morris. Your mismanagement put us in this doodah and still you can’t walk away without trying to recover monies that would be better earmarked to ensure first the survival, and then the regeneration, of the Club.

Yes not clear what Nixon is saying but one thought:

A decision has to be made about how much sale proceeds is allocated to the club and how much to the stadium  MM may have reasons to want more allocated to the stadium, eg because he doesn’t want an insolvent liquidation of 202. He approved the purchase at 80m and with the benefit of hindsight it was an inflated value. A liquidator could go for him if 202 is left insolvent. CK’s structure may have been different

The other reason he might want more going to 202 is if he’s given PGs on that side of the structure. As mentioned in a recent post, I think that’s unlikely but who knows ??

your assumption is I think that some of the stadium proceeds go to MM     Impossible to say without seeing the 202 balance sheet but seems unlikely given the initial purchase price of the stadium   one question is whether 202 was to any extent debt funded by MM directly (eg when Gabay was refinanced) 

21 minutes ago, Barrytheanon said:

An agent mate, he’s not been wrong so far. Like I said before the admin are hoping Appleby finds some investors quickly or this is going to drag on and on

If Appleby doesn't yet have the money, who were the Administrators talking about when they said Kirchner had been outbid?

Edited by IslandExile

8 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I don’t think they said that mate 

They sure did: 

“However, as we have made very clear throughout this process, the issues we are having to deal with are complex and we simply were not in a position to accept Mr Kirchner’s bid as it did not meet the level of other bids received.

Whilst yesterday was a difficult time, it provided a stimulus to one of the remaining bidders who increased his offer for the club.”

Source: https://www.football365.com/news/kirchner-withdraws-proposal-to-buy-Derby-apologises-to-fans

Just now, Yani P said:

Thought they said Kirchner wasn't the highest bidder and even after that someone increased their bid further?

Not sure they said that .

I think they said someone had upped their bid after KC pulled out which they found encouraging.

Might be wrong but that’s how I read it 

Just now, Curtains said:

Not sure they said that .

I think they said someone had upped their bid after KC pulled out which they found encouraging.

Might be wrong but that’s how I read it 

They said on talkSPORT someone had come in with a seven figure higher bid. It sounded like it was implied it was the leading bid and you’d assume it would be. 

1 minute ago, Ramos said:

They said on talkSPORT someone had come in with a seven figure higher bid. It sounded like it was implied it was the leading bid and you’d assume it would be. 

“Whilst yesterday was a difficult time, it provided a stimulus to one of the remaining bidders who increased his offer for the club. We expect to name preferred bidder status imminently. We repeat that we are moving as quickly as possible to achieve a sale of the club.”

I’d say you would  need to know their starting point before the increase

Edited by Curtains
Added

2 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Exactly.

“Whilst yesterday was a difficult time, it provided a stimulus to one of the remaining bidders who increased his offer for the club. We expect to name preferred bidder status imminently. We repeat that we are moving as quickly as possible to achieve a sale of the club.”

3 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I’d say you would  need to know their starting point before the increase

I suggest you read Glasto's post which quotes Quantuma more fully. Kirchners bid was already below other bids, and after he pulled out someone else came up with a higher bid still.