Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

Massive overreaction to this Twitter comment in my opinion. He could have put it better or not responded but have no issue with the comment, he is only stating facts when all said and done. The funniest thing is now remarkably interested Red Dogs have become in this over the past days. They were pooping themselves at talk of billionaires!! 

Hes had to demonstrate a significant amount of funding to even get to this point of bidding. He’s a very credible businessman in a proper field, not a wannabe boxing promoter and football agent with no clients. 

If he doesn’t have the wherewithal to be the owner he won’t get the club. Simple. He also doesn’t need to be a billionaire. Delia and her husband are worth £30m combined, Steve Gibson (aka Bamford) while being a complete bell has arguably been one of the best owners in the past 25 years in terms of backing them, I remember his spending spree that got them to UEFA cup final and bringing the likes of Juninho and Ravanelli to Boro. He’s still backing them now. He’s worth c.£150m. 

8 hours ago, rammieib said:

Just seen that he’s posted on Twitter that “nottingham forest sucks” from a question a Forest fan has goaded him into not answering.

Im sorry but this bloke has Alonso vibes all over him.

I don’t want any potential owner putting that type of content out on social media. It’s simply not professional at all.

What makes this worse, he isn’t even the owner yet. Appleby is being very professional as far as I can tell. This guy seems to be liking the attention a little too much already.

Give him a chance, He has shown he has the cash to buy Derby. The Administrators have confirmed that. The fact that he is not the richest man in the world isn't an issue. We need to be run on a sustainable budget.

I have no idea if he will be the owner but he is the type of owner that I would like

24 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Steve Gibson (aka Bamford) while being a complete bell has arguably been one of the best owners in the past 25 years in terms of backing them, I remember his spending spree that got them to UEFA cup final and bringing the likes of Juninho and Ravanelli to Boro. He’s still backing them now. He’s worth c.£150m. 

You're forgetting the £15m he also spent on Assombalonga, the year before we spent £5m on Waghorn, causing the commotion which has pretty much led us to where we are now.

2 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

Give him a chance, He has shown he has the cash to buy Derby. The Administrators have confirmed that. The fact that he is not the richest man in the world isn't an issue. We need to be run on a sustainable budget.

I have no idea if he will be the owner but he is the type of owner that I would like

Give him a chance? Are you new to this forum?

He's had his 24 hours grace period!

4 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

What’s in it for him?

1 minute ago, SouthernRam said:

I get the feeling this Kirchner guy knows he’s unlikely to be the highest bidder and so is trying to win over the fans instead. Not sure how much weight that’d carry with the administrators, but it would explain his antics so far.

That's the way I read it. If he was expecting to be preffered bidder he'd probably not say anything until that's agreed with the administrators and say "I'm pleased to be recognised as the preffered bidder and hope we can progress with a deal and make plans to move forward etc"

12 minutes ago, SouthernRam said:

I get the feeling this Kirchner guy knows he’s unlikely to be the highest bidder and so is trying to win over the fans instead. Not sure how much weight that’d carry with the administrators, but it would explain his antics so far.

Totally agree he probably has wind of something which prompted this. Fingers crossed for us this is true

15 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

That's the way I read it. If he was expecting to be preffered bidder he'd probably not say anything until that's agreed with the administrators and say "I'm pleased to be recognised as the preffered bidder and hope we can progress with a deal and make plans to move forward etc"

He's doing a crap job then, at least in my opinion. I'd prefer any prospective owner to be a bit more professional to be honest. Just follow the process and act like a professional. Simple.