Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

He canna spend big without breaking the FFP again.

They said the same about the new owners of Newcastle last week then out comes a article detailing how they can spend up to £600 million on players without any effect on ffp

48 minutes ago, I DONT MIND said:

Not sure he did, but he was early (ish).Credit were credit's due.

Pretty sure it was on Sky pre 5pm.

Kirchner sent his statement to the Press Association (PA) so everyone who subscribed to their services (all of them) would have got it at about the same time. It's then a race to get it out.

2 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

That wasn't particularly informative.

But it was basically someone else (Simon Jordan) telling us that the administrators think that he's legit. 

Administrators want to be in and out within 90 days, again, we already knew that.

Yeah they obviously had to change the plan to get Andrew Hosking due to paying tributes to Walter Smith.

38 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

........... spend up to £600 million ......................

Is there any wonder football is broken?

I've said it before, but as someone fast approaching their free bus-pass who was in the BBG when we were winning the league, the Championship suits me just fine. Every game winnable and I can get tickets for any game I want to attend. Selfish maybe, but the Premier League is a farce.

Edited by Grumpy Git

22 minutes ago, Topram said:

Number of conditions stands out

Gotta be points deductions.

Nixon, for all his faults, gets the odd bit right and he said last week there was a big potential buyer who only wants a championship club with the chance of getting to the Prem.

So he has made his offer, but probably with conditions that say any further points deductions and either my offer reduces or I go elsewhere.

34 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

I did some searching and I found a bit on slync.io going out for investment and the business total valuation was 2.75b, obviously doesn't tell us a lot of about Kirchner's personal wealth but I imagine he's in the same realms of what Mel had.

They raised $60m in funding earlier in the year with Goldman Sachs leading the offer. Looks like GS also got a board member place as part of the deal. 

So whilst he may not be independently wealthy, his business does seem to viewed to have plenty of potential and can draw large sums from big name investors when needed.

Not overly relevant to his bid with us, but shows he has a decent standing in the US business community and isn’t necessarily an Alonso level chancer some are making him out to be.

I think he may have some kind of backing/consortium behind him to be able to front the money to look at the books. I don’t see him being anywhere near Mel levels of wealth, unless it’s inherited.

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Gotta be points deductions.

Nixon, for all his faults, gets the odd bit right and he said last week there was a big potential buyer who only wants a championship club with the chance of getting to the Prem.

So he has made his offer, but probably with conditions that say any further points deductions and either my offer reduces or I go elsewhere.

Could be, or could be and/or the purchase of the stadium/Moor Farm etc. 

Putting in conditions that the Administrators or Preferential Creditors can't control the outcome of, or the timing of in the case of the points deductions, would make the bid pretty unattractive. And how could Championship status be guaranteed even if they could swing a lower PD? If he's going to wait for the outcome of the season, he may as well not bother.