Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

18 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

I do find the supporters meetings all a bit strange. Somehow they’re picking a select few to speak to directly but not the whole fan base. I said this last time, to avoid all of this they should record the meeting or do it on Facebook live etc etc. They could still have selected fans in the room with them and even pick q&as from both live and virtual audiences. 
The current method is out of day and seems to bring frustration to fans wanting information and unnecessary pressure/stress on those invited. 

Ah yes those singing Sharp songs etc would add a lot to proceedings. And only a few are putting pressure/stress on those invited. I appreciate the time those invited voluntarily give to the groups they represent to get credible info amongst all the social media garbage swirling around.  As many have posted over the last couple of days this is a complicated and probably finely balanced commercial deal, not a reality show. Dont get why people feel they would get detailed updates on a confidential process. Any transactions we are involved in at work are so careful and secretive and they are nothing compared to this. 

10 hours ago, RamsfanJim said:

We're OK to share this - full minutes on Monday now.. 

* There are 3 interested bidders that Quantuma are still negotiating with. Each bid is complicated and each is taking time for Quantuma to fully evaluate based on different elements in them.

* Negotiations with HMRC have been extremely positive, but no deal is ever agreed with HMRC until the final proposal is on the table.

* There are verbal agreements with Mel Morris and MSD Capital with regard to the ground.

* Discussions with regard to transfers and contract extensions are being had, but no decisions will be made until the preferred bidder is announced to allow them to make their own decisions.

Sounds good but a lot going on, so cutting it fine for next week maybe?  

8 minutes ago, I know nuffin said:

Am I making it up or did I see a tweet last night that said the delay was getting the Middleborough Wycombe wording right. I  personally think that somebody will buy us, CK, but find it bothering that we are still dancing to the tune of two other clubs who want to see us go under

I can help with the wording . . .

“No, duck off you leeches”

Three bids on the table despite the position with HMRC. One of the bids involves Gadsby - like him or loathe him won’t let club go to the wall. Yet seen comments that we’re miles away from a takeover and it looks like liquidation. Honestly some people - get a grip! There is nothing in Jim’s post that Indicates they won’t name a preferred bidder next week and if things were so negative then why would they tell the whole squad and staff what’s happening as Rooney confirmed the other day?! Previous comms has just been with Rooney. 

Honestly think people just see what they want to see rather than take what is said. 

Anyone who thinks you'd get full and honest answers from the Administrators in a live Facebook meeting is risibly deluded. They have no idea of how sensitive some of the negotiations are. The sense of entitlement I'm getting from some fans is staggering. The Administrators have no duty to engage with the fans whatsoever, other than in their position as minor individual unsecured creditors. We can argue about which supporters groups are valid or appropriate, but provided they're all being treated equally, I have no issue with how this is being done. 

46 minutes ago, I know nuffin said:

Am I making it up or did I see a tweet last night that said the delay was getting the Middleborough Wycombe wording right. I  personally think that somebody will buy us, CK, but find it bothering that we are still dancing to the tune of two other clubs who want to see us go under

We're not 'dancing to their tune'. They are a minor factor in these negotiations because their claims are clearly unlikely to succeed in a civil law court. They are chancing their arm whilst we are resolving issues under administration...otherwise why didnt they make their claim whilst Morris was in charge or post sale? Derby going under wouldnt help them in anyway, they're just parasites trying to getting a free feed.

The biggest issues are getting credible potential buyers, coming to an agreement with HMRC & agreeing in principle the sale of PP. From Jim's notes, looks like substanial progress been made with all.

Can't be confident on timing but am confident we will end the season under stable ownership.

Edited by LeedsCityRam

54 minutes ago, I know nuffin said:

But that then would imply that there is someone whom is privy to this inside information and they are leaking it on Twitter which totally flies in the face of the reason the minutes are being kept back.

I smell some more Twitterati ITK BS. 

45 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I'm wondering if the trouble with the wording is to do with the phonetic alphabet, Oscar and Foxtrot but not necessarily in that order

1 hour ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Three bids on the table despite the position with HMRC. One of the bids involves Gadsby - like him or loathe him won’t let club go to the wall. Yet seen comments that we’re miles away from a takeover and it looks like liquidation. Honestly some people - get a grip! There is nothing in Jim’s post that Indicates they won’t name a preferred bidder next week and if things were so negative then why would they tell the whole squad and staff what’s happening as Rooney confirmed the other day?! Previous comms has just been with Rooney. 

Honestly think people just see what they want to see rather than take what is said. 

I thought I was going mad. Saw the tweets last night and come on here this morning and seen so many negative comments. It took me 4 months to buy my house, it was a straightforward chain etc etc - I’m not sure why people seem to think this process would be quicker than it is. Not only is it complicated by admin but by us not owning the stadium etc so many spinning plates. I think the fact they’ve told the squad to expect a preferred bid to be announced next week and that talks with HMRC have been very positive - how are people then concluding liquidation it is?! 

Edited by Ramos

18 hours ago, IslandExile said:

Yeah.....truth.....where's the fun in that?

You're both right.....a forum is, well a forum, for people to voice their opinion. Nevertheless, following @angieram's point, I feel that a lot of posts are rehashes of what's already been said or proven to be incorrect. That can make threads tiresome to read.

I guess everyone likes to shout out and get their point heard. I am probably repeating what has gone before, so I'd better shutup now.

I'd say there's a distinction between a 'fact' and a 'truth'- @Tyler Durden is rightfully pointing out that a lot of these discussions may use facts to inform them but the whole point of a forum is surely to move beyond that... 

I'd also say that whilst you're right some threads may be a bit of a rehashing this could be for a few different reasons (not all of them bad necessarily). It may be some posters feel they can add extra clarification to what has gone before or that the debate was unresolved and they can add extra clarity. It may be that they feel especially strongly about the subject and feel a need to reiterate (or to remind) posters of certain facts they feel are important.

It may even be  that due to the forum's success many posters don't have the time to really go through the threads like some kind of forum archivist before they make a post. This can result in the kinds of repetitions you're talking about. I know during certain points of the pandemic I was spending too much time on here but now my workload is now very full I've had no choice but to cut down. This has led to me not being able to browse as I once did and maybe remaking someone's argument or posting similar facts as others. 

2 hours ago, CBRammette said:

Ah yes those singing Sharp songs etc would add a lot to proceedings. And only a few are putting pressure/stress on those invited. I appreciate the time those invited voluntarily give to the groups they represent to get credible info amongst all the social media garbage swirling around.  As many have posted over the last couple of days this is a complicated and probably finely balanced commercial deal, not a reality show. Dont get why people feel they would get detailed updates on a confidential process. Any transactions we are involved in at work are so careful and secretive and they are nothing compared to this. 

Given how Mel operated in the final years of his tenure it seems to me at least understandable for a lot of fans to be seeing these fan forums popping up again, the disclosure of minutes after administrators approval and getting wary. After-all many voices at the time also parroted these assertions when pretty much unbeknownst to everyone outside the boardroom the crap really hit the fan.  I don't share these concerns about the administrators and I don't expect us to be told in granular detail what is going on, I could neither really understand it or add anything constructive to proceedings. But I don't buy the idea that a more open platform couldn't possibly be opened up other than these meetings either. 

On the whole it looks like very good news with seeming progress made on all fronts. Is it a bit slower than I'd have liked? Yes, but it sounds as if there are extreme complexities not only in buying the club but sorting out creditors too and the minor annoyance of Boro and wycombe as well. The administrators were always bullish that liquidation was something they didn't think would happen so I'm not entirely certain why so many have been so scared of that possibility. It seems that with 3 offers we have choices which is always a good thing. Hopefully the ownership can be sorted by the end of the season so we can start to get some stability for our league 1 campaign next time around. 

51 minutes ago, Ramos said:

I thought I was going mad. Saw the tweets last night and come on here this morning and seen so many negative comments. It took me 4 months to buy my house, it was a straightforward chain etc etc - I’m not sure why people seem to think this process would be quicker than it is. Not only is it complicated by admin but by us not owning the stadium etc so many spinning plates. I think the fact they’ve told the squad to expect a preferred bid to be announced next week and that talks with HMRC have been very positive - how are people then concluding liquidation it is?! 

Do you ever get the feeling that some people ie Derby fans would love DCFC to go to the wall, I've never felt once would we find ourselves being liquidated or even exterminated, Being impatient will only exacerbate peoples blood pressure and anxiety...take that Chill Pill and let administration take it's course ?

1 hour ago, Wignall12 said:

I'm wondering if the trouble with the wording is to do with the phonetic alphabet, Oscar and Foxtrot but not necessarily in that order

Am really impressed that you've used my name as the header then copied another posters comments into the footer to make it look like I posted that ?

How did you manage that I want to know ?