Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

9 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Yeah, it seems an unfortunate coincidence that the Bedford herbert popped up at the same time as the (possibly) Bradford? Derby? herbert and confusion reigned. Some people might feel like apologising to you though ?

I doubt that's going to happen! ?

I did do a bit of research before I posted this morning. 

5 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I didn't, I thought leaving it to people to do their own delving might be sufficient. 

I'm still learning ? 

You certainly are! I'd hazard a guess that some posters don't even read the threads they are posting in, let alone popping elsewhere for a bit of fact-checking before inflicting their 'facts' on the rest of us.

1 hour ago, angieram said:

You certainly are! I'd hazard a guess that some posters don't even read the threads they are posting in, let alone popping elsewhere for a bit of fact-checking before inflicting their 'facts' on the rest of us.

If every poster only confined themselves to posting bona fide facts then they'd hardly be any threads on here.......being a forum a lot of posts are made up of subjective opinion and personal beliefs but without this they'd be no discussion at all ?

3 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

If every poster only confined themselves to posting bona fide facts then they'd hardly be any threads on here.......being a forum a lot of posts are made up of subjective opinion and personal beliefs but without this they'd be no discussion at all ?

Yeah.....truth.....where's the fun in that?

You're both right.....a forum is, well a forum, for people to voice their opinion. Nevertheless, following @angieram's point, I feel that a lot of posts are rehashes of what's already been said or proven to be incorrect. That can make threads tiresome to read.

I guess everyone likes to shout out and get their point heard. I am probably repeating what has gone before, so I'd better shutup now.

6 hours ago, RamsfanJim said:

This is the same for all groups / meetings. The Administrators can talk to representatives, but when minutes are published and in the public domain they have to be accurate and not break any confidentiality in negotations with creditors and potential buyers - therefore they have to be phrased correctly. On this occasion the club took the minutes and are getting them agreed before sharing. 

My point still stands, there should be nothing sad by Admin that you can not repeat, it seems to me people in these groups are to frightened of being excluded on future events....

What have the club got to hide from us that they can share with you?

Seems pointless to me having fans forums if you are all going to be too fightened to report back.  The club should just do regular press releases based on questions they've recieved from rhe fans.

How about a Q&A Page on DCFC website?

13 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Yeah.....truth.....where's the fun in that?

You're both right.....a forum is, well a forum, for people to voice their opinion. Nevertheless, following @angieram's point, I feel that a lot of posts are rehashes of what's already been said or proven to be incorrect. That can make threads tiresome to read.

I guess everyone likes to shout out and get their point heard. I am probably repeating what has gone before, so I'd better shutup now.

Precisely this and the probable main reason for some threads being regurgitated is that it's not possible for either party to provide a compelling, decisive, factual argument so the debate goes on and on and on......

My largest gripe is that when someone does bother to quote some factual based information such as statistical data but it then it quickly gets poo pooed with the hackneyed quotes about being able to be interpreted as to how you like, it's not valid to compare x with y and so on because the facts don't marry up with their personal agenda. 

19 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Precisely this and the probable main reason for some threads being regurgitated is that it's not possible for either party to provide a compelling, decisive, factual argument so the debate goes on and on and on......

My largest gripe is that when someone does bother to quote some factual based information such as statistical data but it then it quickly gets poo pooed with the hackneyed quotes about being able to be interpreted as to how you like, it's not valid to compare x with y and so on because the facts don't marry up with their personal agenda. 

Just had that thought actually as I came away from the COVID Pass thread ?

1 hour ago, RAM1966 said:

My point still stands, there should be nothing sad by Admin that you can not repeat, it seems to me people in these groups are to frightened of being excluded on future events....

What have the club got to hide from us that they can share with you?

Seems pointless to me having fans forums if you are all going to be too fightened to report back.  The club should just do regular press releases based on questions they've recieved from rhe fans.

How about a Q&A Page on DCFC website?

The point is that what is said in meetings with the Administrators must be accurately reported, and commercially sensitive information may have to be excluded. 

Sorry if you don't accept or believe this, but that's reality.