Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

31 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Do you ever get the feeling that some people ie Derby fans would love DCFC to go to the wall, I've never felt once would we find ourselves being liquidated or even exterminated, Being impatient will only exacerbate peoples blood pressure and anxiety...take that Chill Pill and let administration take it's course ?

Why would any fan want our club to be liquidated, nonsense ?

1 hour ago, Leeds Ram said:

I'd say there's a distinction between a 'fact' and a 'truth'- @Tyler Durden is rightfully pointing out that a lot of these discussions may use facts to inform them but the whole point of a forum is surely to move beyond that... 

I'd also say that whilst you're right some threads may be a bit of a rehashing this could be for a few different reasons (not all of them bad necessarily). It may be some posters feel they can add extra clarification to what has gone before or that the debate was unresolved and they can add extra clarity. It may be that they feel especially strongly about the subject and feel a need to reiterate (or to remind) posters of certain facts they feel are important.

It may even be  that due to the forum's success many posters don't have the time to really go through the threads like some kind of forum archivist before they make a post. This can result in the kinds of repetitions you're talking about. I know during certain points of the pandemic I was spending too much time on here but now my workload is now very full I've had no choice but to cut down. This has led to me not being able to browse as I once did and maybe remaking someone's argument or posting similar facts as others. 

Agree with all of this. I posted something yesterday that Gboro had already pointed out, because well I didn't see his post. I have got work to do you know.

And yes I don't think there is  a clear distinction between "fact" and opinion. Someone mentioned statistics being facts, well often they are but they are also often presented in a way that is misleading and wrong. Hence the expression lies, damed lies and statistics. And a series of facts , selectively stitched together can be used to draw a wrong conclusion , especially if you throw in a heavy does of confirmation bias.  

Preferred bidder announced next week, along with a £5m non-refundable deposit - which I believe is enough to cover all costs until we've played our last game of the season. Therefore, no fire sale will be required in January and gives the admin team and buyer plenty of time to sort everything out.
It would be ideal for it to go through before the end of January so we can be active in the transfer market and start extending some contracts, but I think that's very unlikely. Mid-Feb is my guess for when it's completed. 

18 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Preferred bidder announced next week, along with a £5m non-refundable deposit - which I believe is enough to cover all costs until we've played our last game of the season. Therefore, no fire sale will be required in January and gives the admin team and buyer plenty of time to sort everything out.
It would be ideal for it to go through before the end of January so we can be active in the transfer market and start extending some contracts, but I think that's very unlikely. Mid-Feb is my guess for when it's completed. 

A million a month to the end of the season, not enough surely?

38 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

It won't be far off. It was £1.2m a month between mid September and mid November (4 home games in 8 weeks). 20 weeks until our last game (12 home games).
Extrapolated over 20 weeks it only leaves a £900k shortfall. 

6 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

It won't be far off. It was £1.2m a month between mid September and mid November (4 home games in 8 weeks). 20 weeks until our last game (12 home games).
Extrapolated over 20 weeks it only leaves a £900k shortfall. 

Assuming we actually manage to play home games with a crowd, of course...  An extended shutdown, or spell of playing behind closed doors, would blow those figures up.

4 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Assuming we actually manage to play home games with a crowd, of course...  An extended shutdown, or spell of playing behind closed doors, would blow those figures up.

Not by too much though, since PPG numbers are averaging around 4,000.

I'm sure the EFL would lend us some money too, once an acceptable CVA has been agreed ?

4 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Not by too much though, since PPG numbers are averaging around 4,000.

I'm sure the EFL would lend us some money too, once an acceptable CVA has been agreed ?

Average ticket price is what, £25? That's still potentially 12x4,000x£25 = £1.2m. And that's before you get to hospitality and other matchday sales etc.

And something will need to be done at some point with refunds or whatever for season tickets too.

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

And yes I don't think there is  a clear distinction between "fact" and opinion. Someone mentioned statistics being facts, well often they are but they are also often presented in a way that is misleading and wrong. Hence the expression lies, damed lies and statistics. And a series of facts , selectively stitched together can be used to draw a wrong conclusion , especially if you throw in a heavy does of confirmation bias.  

Totally concur with your first point. Seems to be en vogue to pass off your personal opinion as fact as it must be true and how could anyone else not be able to see that it's so obvious or indeed have the temerity not to agree with it.

Think it was me who mentioned about statistics, case in point being the recent thread about where Rooney stands against other managers post Clough. 

The data is factual so there can't be any argument about it. People can moan about data being twisted to suit whatever agenda and that's their prerogative but as long as the data is factual then folk can try and dispute it as much as they want. 

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

If the first preferred bidder falls through, I don’t think it’ll take 5 months to arrange the next one. Therefore we’d have another deposit in this circumstance to keep things ticking over.

Obviously it would be great to get the deal done asap, but not the end of the world if it drags on a little bit.

6 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Totally concur with your first point. Seems to be en vogue to pass off your personal opinion as fact as it must be true and how could anyone else not be able to see that it's so obvious or indeed have the temerity not to agree with it.

Think it was me who mentioned about statistics, case in point being the recent thread about where Rooney stands against other managers post Clough. 

The data is factual so there can't be any argument about it. People can moan about data being twisted to suit whatever agenda and that's their prerogative but as long as the data is factual then folk can try and dispute it as much as they want. 

Exactly, you can have an opinion on whether it was a penalty or offside, what the team should be, what formation, who the Manager should be but the facts are results, points per game for a manager and their win % ??

39 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Yes, but Clement compares quite well against Clough on PPG. So the stats don't really tell the full story. Clough had a really bad first season, then got us promoted so the rest of his time we were playing top flight football. It's not a question of data being twisted, but comparing points per game over 7 years compared to seven months , one in top flight and the other the second tier etc, is not very comparable. Also need to look at the hand they are dealt.     

Personally (my opinion) I think Rooney has done quite well with a threadbare squad. But he is still very much unproven.  

2 hours ago, duncanjwitham said:

Average ticket price is what, £25? That's still potentially 12x4,000x£25 = £1.2m. And that's before you get to hospitality and other matchday sales etc.

And something will need to be done at some point with refunds or whatever for season tickets too.

I think if it was the difference between us surviving or not, very very few season ticket holders would expect/demand refunds for any matches played behind closed doors. I know I wouldn't. 

4 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I am hoping the games not behind closed doors as I had arrange my shifts over christmas period.

The Premier League and the EFL are meeting tomorrow, There could be a 2 week break of NO! football soon, If this happens and this is only a guess...the Xmas and new year games will be called off.

10 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

The Premier League and the EFL are meeting tomorrow, There could be a 2 week break of NO! football soon, If this happens and this is only a guess...the Xmas and new year games will be called off.

Those are the games had to change my shifts for I will be hacked off of they cancel them.

7 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

Given how Mel operated in the final years of his tenure it seems to me at least understandable for a lot of fans to be seeing these fan forums popping up again, the disclosure of minutes after administrators approval and getting wary. After-all many voices at the time also parroted these assertions when pretty much unbeknownst to everyone outside the boardroom the crap really hit the fan.  I don't share these concerns about the administrators and I don't expect us to be told in granular detail what is going on, I could neither really understand it or add anything constructive to proceedings. But I don't buy the idea that a more open platform couldn't possibly be opened up other than these meetings either. 

On the whole it looks like very good news with seeming progress made on all fronts. Is it a bit slower than I'd have liked? Yes, but it sounds as if there are extreme complexities not only in buying the club but sorting out creditors too and the minor annoyance of Boro and wycombe as well. The administrators were always bullish that liquidation was something they didn't think would happen so I'm not entirely certain why so many have been so scared of that possibility. It seems that with 3 offers we have choices which is always a good thing. Hopefully the ownership can be sorted by the end of the season so we can start to get some stability for our league 1 campaign next time around. 

TBF the Administrators job is to get as much money as possible, the best way of achieving this would be to sell the club.  Therefore they are going to project an air of expectation until the very last minute should (God forbid) we go into liquidation.

The bullishness of the Administrators does not impress me one jot, they were stating they were confident in saving the club before they'd had time to go through the books!  That concerns me, remember that Mel convinced us all not to worry for a good while before he chucked the towel in!

I really hope there is some positive news next week and my Preferred choice would be Andy Appleby, he know the club and the fans, he certainly knows how to turn the accounts round and Pearce will almost certainly be shown the door too if he takes over.  Which will be a positive sign!

Edited by RAM1966

7 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

Agree with all of this. I posted something yesterday that Gboro had already pointed out, because well I didn't see his post. I have got work to do you know.

Lies, damned lies and Mel Morris