Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

4 hours ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Any club is one ? owner from being where we are. Those wishing doom on us somehow feel their current “status” is locked in forever with no chance that they could be in a ? show if fate and a few errors goes against (like it has for us).

I clearly remember being in The Mallard one Friday after work with a mate who supports Forest.  Might have been start of 2018 and Fawaz was selling to an American company.  That deal fell threw at the last minute and he was pretty much in tears going on about how they were doomed and had debts of 34 million to Fawaz in loans and a wage bill of 37 million, they'd just come out of some  FFP embargo on wages and now had no hope of a future and were heading for more charges.  Luckily some Greek geezer bought them for less and Fawaz didn't collect his loans which saved them from a hammering.  They only stayed up last match that year as well so they would have lost a lot of money with a massive wage bill on top. 

22 hours ago, CBRammette said:

Ah yes those singing Sharp songs etc would add a lot to proceedings. And only a few are putting pressure/stress on those invited. I appreciate the time those invited voluntarily give to the groups they represent to get credible info amongst all the social media garbage swirling around.  As many have posted over the last couple of days this is a complicated and probably finely balanced commercial deal, not a reality show. Dont get why people feel they would get detailed updates on a confidential process. Any transactions we are involved in at work are so careful and secretive and they are nothing compared to this. 

I still don't understand the point though? 

Why invite a select few people to come and ask questions... and then spend days checking the answers are what you want to put out there. Why not just dispense with the theatrics and put out a statement yourself in the first place?

Edited by Chester40

13 hours ago, RAM1966 said:

TBF the Administrators job is to get as much money as possible, the best way of achieving this would be to sell the club.  Therefore they are going to project an air of expectation until the very last minute should (God forbid) we go into liquidation.

The bullishness of the Administrators does not impress me one jot, they were stating they were confident in saving the club before they'd had time to go through the books!  That concerns me, remember that Mel convinced us all not to worry for a good while before he chucked the towel in!

I really hope there is some positive news next week and my Preferred choice would be Andy Appleby, he know the club and the fans, he certainly knows how to turn the accounts round and Pearce will almost certainly be shown the door too if he takes over.  Which will be a positive sign!

How do you know when the administrators started to look through the books out of interest?

What do you mean by 'he certainly knows how to turn the accounts round' ? I'm sure you will remember that under GSE we were still losing circa £9m per annum and the first team squad was starved of investment. 

Is the £5m nonrefundable deposit actually 100% genuine? I honestly don't know either way so it's not a rhetorical question. 

It just seems a bit unlikely logically. The preferred bidders have to conclude deals with the creditors. The creditors' negotiating position would be strengthened by knowing that the preferred bidders would lose £5m if a deal wasn't done. 

6 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I clearly remember being in The Mallard one Friday after work with a mate who supports Forest.  Might have been start of 2018 and Fawaz was selling to an American company.  That deal fell threw at the last minute and he was pretty much in tears going on about how they were doomed and had debts of 34 million to Fawaz in loans and a wage bill of 37 million, they'd just come out of some  FFP embargo on wages and now had no hope of a future and were heading for more charges.  Luckily some Greek geezer bought them for less and Fawaz didn't collect his loans which saved them from a hammering.  They only stayed up last match that year as well so they would have lost a lot of money with a massive wage bill on top. 

The Doughty family also wrote off £50m of debt when Fazzer bought them. The only difference between us and them is that they didn't go tits up during a pandemic. 

9 minutes ago, Arsene Titman said:

According to Alan Nixon, Peter Gadsby and Andy Appleby are ready to join together to buy the club.

https://the72.co.uk/258262/Derby-county-linked-buyers-gadsby-and-appleby-ready-to-join-forces-nixon/

I hope the bloke credited with writing that doesn't consider himself to be a journalist -  I've seen better constructed articles written on the back of bog doors......

20 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Did you ever call “big bad Geoff” for a good time? 

No - he couldn't write a sensible and factually correct paragraph either...."Wicked Wanda" on the other hand......

Edited by Gaspode

Weren’t Gadsby and GSE involved in a bit of a squabble after the club was sold in 07/08, with PG citing that promised investment hadn’t been made by GSE and he regretted selling the club to them? 

Unless they’ve made up, I’d be very surprised if they joined together to acquire the club.

Although saying that, the bid from Appleby looks to be alongside a mystery US backer including Rush and Moxey to spearhead executive roles, if reports are to be believed, so it could well be a completely different dynamic this time around.

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

The Doughty family also wrote off £50m of debt when Fazzer bought them. The only difference between us and them is that they didn't go tits up during a pandemic. 

Well exactly what I was thinking. If COVID had happened when Doughty family were trying to sell to Fawaz or when Fawaz was trying to sell to the Greeks then Forest would have been in a much bigger mess than us. Forest made much worse decisions than us , both under Doughty and Fawaz. How many managers have they had? 

1 hour ago, Arsene Titman said:

According to Alan Nixon, Peter Gadsby and Andy Appleby are ready to join together to buy the club.

https://the72.co.uk/258262/Derby-county-linked-buyers-gadsby-and-appleby-ready-to-join-forces-nixon/

CK only one with evidence of enough funds apparently. Other two need to join together to raise enough from their combined backers.

12 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

CK only one with evidence of enough funds apparently. Other two need to join together to raise enough from their combined backers.

Yeah I personally don't like the idea of them having to team up. You didn't want to originally, potentially 2 competing visions and a bunch of people who want to be in charge. And if you haven't got the money to bail us out now, what happens if another catastrophe strikes ? 

2 minutes ago, RammingStone66 said:

Yeah I personally don't like the idea of them having to team up. You didn't want to originally, potentially 2 competing visions and a bunch of people who want to be in charge. And if you haven't got the money to bail us out now, what happens if another catastrophe strikes ? 

Agree. I’m leaning towards CK

16 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

That's BS from Nixon. He favours the Kirchner bid. And how is it EFL insist buyers need £50 million? Its not up to the frigging EFL to name a buyer's price.  

1 hour ago, Gaspode said:

I hope the bloke credited with writing that doesn't consider himself to be a journalist -  I've seen better constructed articles written on the back of bog doors......

Thing is, the rumours that Appleby was teaming up with a local businessman that had already been involved with the club has been doing the rounds for months...infact I think that Andy Derbyshire bloke had mentioned it. Only suprise was that my guess months back was Peter Gadsby as it was pretty obvious, but I was told it wasn't him.

1 minute ago, StrawHillRam said:

Agree. I’m leaning towards CK

It feels like if CK is legit then he offers the most long term ambition. And if prediction about his companies future are correct this guy is going to potentially be a international player in sports and business.

just my opinion on it