Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

42 minutes ago, Rich84 said:

I see the Sunday morning doom and gloom merchants are out in force! Oh for a discussion on a game to focus on instead of hanging on click bait journalism, it was never going to be a smooth ride, and I'm sure there'll be more bumps in the journey before it's sorted.

The doom merchants ?

If only you happy clappers had listened to our constant bile all these years hey ?

5 minutes ago, Arsene Titman said:

Appleby’s company is effectively an estate agency dealing in football clubs. It pairs potential investors with clubs for sale so what matters is who are the money men behind the Appleby/Rush bid. It has been rumoured to be a hedge fund or private equity investors. If that is true then it is a little surprising that they cannot “pay the bills” as part of a takeover, let alone invest in building the team. I like the CK bid but nothing that I have seen on the internet tells me that he personally has the funds, although the administrators are satisfied that he has.

Maybe Appleby initially had a nice big financial backer, who backed out once the true financial picture was revealed.

It happened with BZI.

But Appleby is so keen to save the club he is switching to plan b (or plan Z).

49 minutes ago, Rich84 said:

I see the Sunday morning doom and gloom merchants are out in force! Oh for a discussion on a game to focus on instead of hanging on click bait journalism, it was never going to be a smooth ride, and I'm sure there'll be more bumps in the journey before it's sorted.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion: be it optimistic or pessimistic; positive or negative; wrong or right; fact or fiction.

3 hours ago, Arsene Titman said:

According to Alan Nixon, Peter Gadsby and Andy Appleby are ready to join together to buy the club.

https://the72.co.uk/258262/Derby-county-linked-buyers-gadsby-and-appleby-ready-to-join-forces-nixon/

I actually found the article on why you should put a plastic bottle on your car tyres when parked most enlightening

1 hour ago, Oldben said:

Nixons seems to be merely pointing out that, the required funds, whatever amount that might be is greater than the amount Gadsby has without another business partner. So gadsby and Appleby join forces, but even if they have the funds to commit to repayment of debts, I'm left wondering, how much is left to rebuild the club.

Nixon states that Kirchner is the only one to show proof of funds to pay the debt.

I'm thinking that means he has money to rebuild the team as well.

I wasn't greatly impressed, the last time Gadsby and Appleby owned Derby, to me it felt like a project for them.

We had in my opinion, been badly managed by the owners, previous to their tenure and then along comes Appleby and Gadsby who help to stableize the club before selling at a profit to Mm.

Mm on paper looked ideal to own the club, vast wealth and local connections.

gadsby and Appleby, is it a project for them again, buy Derby, stableize the club and sell at a profit.

Like a toy.

I'm wondering about kirchners motivations but just maybe he sees it as longer term thing that gadsby & Appleby do.

As I say I think Nixon is full of BS. Gadsby was  always going to be be part of a consortium, like he was last time. . He's actually worth way more than £50 milion on his own, but sensibly he isn't going to spend that all on Derby , and so with a consortium (with or without appleby) they will have enough funds. 

26 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Just imagine that some Derby fans think everything is all roses and others have doubts. 

Who are the best Derby fans ! 

Or are all Derby fans actually just wanting the best for the club .

Is there an award for the most idiosyncratic poster?

I can't describe your style @Curtainsbut it's very singular...I can never work out if you are old/young,  joking/serious?

2 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

I think his style and comments are  fine 

Lots of posters are 'fine '. He's one of my favourite posters ...I think. 

I'm genuinely intrigued by his mannerisms....and how he manages to breeze in and out, and impose himself on discussions in a sort of off-hand, affable yet abrupt style.  

1 minute ago, Chester40 said:

Lots of posters are 'fine '. He's one of my favourite posters ...I think. 

I'm genuinely intrigued by his mannerisms....and how he manages to breeze in and out, and impose himself on discussions in a sort of off-hand, affable yet abrupt style.  

He doesn't mean to breeze in and out, but having seen his driving its most likely to be a few wrong turns before he finds himself in his intended thread.... ?

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

The doom merchants ?

If only you happy clappers had listened to our constant bile all these years hey ?

Oh they've listened to it, it regularly gets applied to every single aspect of the football club no matter who is in charge, no matter the year, the current league position or whatever  - there's always fault to be found, and find it some will!

It's not exactly brave to predict that something in football will fail and end badly, you may as well just be predicting that the weather will mostly be rubbish again next year and then piping up whenever it rains to remind everyone.

I'm sure there are Leeds fans who've looked at their last 2 results and used it as a springboard to tell people that they always knew Bielsa would get found out!

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

Just imagine that some Derby fans think everything is all roses and others have doubts.

Who are the best Derby fans !

Or are all Derby fans actually just wanting the best for the club .

Not one Derby fan thinks everything is all roses.

There's a vast difference between 'having doubts' and taking every single available opportunity to pour scorn on the club and find every angle to slag it off.

There's such thing as a healthy level of bias.

It's not about being the 'best supporter' but some people so rarely voice any form of support, any optimism, any bias towards the club or anyone associated with it and then seem surprised that their level of support is brought into question! They can always fall back on "I told you so" though.

Edited by Coconut's Beard