Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

3 minutes ago, sage said:

Anyone else getting a bit edgy about Kirchener? 

Combination of making too much noise and unclear level of wealth.  

Not in the slightest. Him occasionally tweeting isn't making too much noise, in my opinion. 

Also I'd take ''unclear level of wealth'' over ''in administration and unable to pay our own bills'', frankly. 

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Not in the slightest. Him occasionally tweeting isn't making too much noise, in my opinion. 

Also I'd take ''unclear level of wealth'' over ''in administration and unable to pay our own bills'', frankly. 

and turning up for games, making comments about the Gumps. All a bit too early. 

2 minutes ago, sage said:

Turning up for games is making noise how exactly? He did one tweet about Forest and many fans on here have managed to moan about it for a week now. 

Presently, he's the only person who has made a bid to take us over, and the phrase ''beggars can't be choosers'' really comes in to play. 

27 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Turning up for games is making noise how exactly? He did one tweet about Forest and many fans on here have managed to moan about it for a week now. 

Presently, he's the only person who has made a bid to take us over, and the phrase ''beggars can't be choosers'' really comes in to play. 

So all we need to find is an English Trappist monk, with no internet access, who happens to be a billionaire and fancies running a football club when he's not ritually self-flagellating or praying.

How hard can it be? ?

22 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Well at least this American rams fan actually came over when he said he was.

??

It could be the same guy!

We only had pictures he'd posted to say otherwise, maybe his Derby set Crime thriller potboiler has been snapped up by Hollywood?

6 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

So all we need to find is an English Trappist monk, with no internet access, who happens to be a billionaire and fancies running a football club when he's not ritually self-flagellating or praying.

How hard can it be? ?

I've heard there are loads of multi billionaires who want to own Derby without showing their face and just hiding behind the scenes and writing large checks for players of which they expect no return on! ?

But seriously, I think our fans need a dose of reality. We're not going to find the ''perfect'' owner, they don't exist. 

Never mind Alonso vibes, this seems a bit more iPro. A company that sponsors big events and making a big impact but that doesn't seem to actual sell very much. $4.7m revenue is pretty low but they seem to be able to attract investors so either its potentially a good idea or he's good at selling it. I don't know how iPro attracts investment given how awful it tastes.  

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

I've heard there are loads of multi billionaires who want to own Derby without showing their face and just hiding behind the scenes and writing large checks for players of which they expect no return on! ?

But seriously, I think our fans need a dose of reality. We're not going to find the ''perfect'' owner, they don't exist. 

Delusions of grandeur springs to mind. Don't get me wrong, I'd love a David Tepper type owner, but with liquidation looming large, I'd take anyone who is willing to clear our debts and take a punt on us.

Pound to a pinch of poo, if the Glazer's came in for us, folk would be moaning that their not vocal enough and aren't really fussed ?‍♀️

54 minutes ago, sage said:

If I was buying a football club, going to the games is the minimum amount of research I’d be doing. He wanted to get a feel of the club and that’s the only way he can do it. 

Would you want a new owner that hasn’t done as much due diligence as possible? 

Imagine having the temerity to turn up at a game of a club he’s hoping to buy. Don’t know who he thinks he is.

Jesus wept, I sometimes think...nah never mind, if I get jumped on by a mod for a lighthearted pop at Lawrence at the Joiners it’ll be a ban for what I was going to post.

Edited by Pearl Ram

3 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

How hard can it be? ?

I’m not bothered about all that…………all I wanna know is, can he make a decent beer?

12 hours ago, The Key Club King said:

Never mind Alonso vibes, this seems a bit more iPro. A company that sponsors big events and making a big impact but that doesn't seem to actual sell very much. $4.7m revenue is pretty low but they seem to be able to attract investors so either its potentially a good idea or he's good at selling it. I don't know how iPro attracts investment given how awful it tastes.  

People's true wealth is rarely in the public domain. If he gets to buy us he will have presumably satisfied EFL and Administrators re funds. I think we are just all really scarred and cynical due to Mel and other potential buyers.