Derby finally accept 21 point deduction.

taggy180

16 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Look Adim are trying reduce points reduction I think club will survive dont worry on that. But club could help themselfs by making full menu available again. I was going to try roast paptoies to find out no longer do them. I asked people behind conversations stands people dont know when it will be back they reckion all staff gone back union or what be told to say.

Are the chips back yet?

Its a bloody disgrace.

A lot of major sports venues are looking at going completely cashless, with Covid accelerating people's thinking as well as the tech development. Before Covid Derby were looking at a loyalty scheme involving a card that could be used on concourses, club shop, anything associated with the club/matchday. 

Though I imagine much like any loyalty card it was more about data gathering that helping people! 

On 19/10/2021 at 23:17, G STAR RAM said:

Its really disappointing. 

We could literally be watching Derby County FC play for the last time in the next couple of months and we are struggling to half fill the ground, yet when times were good we managed to sell 35 or 40 thousand in hours.

I think for those of us who have often said we deserve to be in the top flight because we are a big club with a loyal fanbase, this is a bit of an eye opener.

Not surprising really after Covid, peoples habits have changed a bit I guess. Also the team is bottom of the league and getting deducted points. Hardly conducive to big attendances. Plus hasn't there been ticket office chaos/season ticket? I tried to buy a ticket previously it had been taken off sale, days before a match- bizarre. 

I would say the disappointing attendances this season also highlight how impressive Derby's attendances have been over a number of years. Never before have we had attendances over a season under 20,000 at Pride Park average. Derby always get very strong attendances, checking out other clubs for example, Stoke City averaged under 19,000 a couple of years ago, Leicester had consistently lower attendances than Derby in the championship, Forest had attendances like 19 and 20k and Sheffield Wednesday had under 19k two seasons ago. Derby had 3 seasons of over 29k support in the championship in a row. Thats impressive. If somehow Derby start getting out of a relegation fight -  no more deductions, and get a good takeover, attendances will be back up again.

Edited by TheresOnlyWanChope

7 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

I would say the disappointing attendances this season also highlight how impressive Derby's attendances have been over a number of years. Never before have we had attendances over a season under 20,000 at Pride Park average. Derby always get very strong attendances, checking out other clubs for example, Stoke City averaged under 19,000 a couple of years ago, Leicester had consistently lower attendances than Derby in the championship, Forest had attendances like 19 and 20k and Sheffield Wednesday had under 19k two seasons ago. Derby had 3 seasons of over 29k support in the championship in a row. Thats impressive. If somehow Derby start getting out of a relegation fight -  no more deductions, and get a good takeover, attendances will be back up again.

As others have said, don't underestimate the impact of Covid.  There is still a pandemic on - despite what BoJo may try to have us believe - and people are still dying.  Sometimes, there are more important things than physically attending football matches.  I know I am at risk of coming across as a tad over-cautious, but as I know people it has affected, it has really spooked me - and I've had my 2 jabs & booster already.  

I just think that there are many others who are staying away altogether right now, to protect their and their families' health.  Were it not for this, I would expect the crowds to be at least in the 22k-25k range.   

1 hour ago, VulcanRam said:

A lot of major sports venues are looking at going completely cashless, with Covid accelerating people's thinking as well as the tech development. Before Covid Derby were looking at a loyalty scheme involving a card that could be used on concourses, club shop, anything associated with the club/matchday. 

Though I imagine much like any loyalty card it was more about data gathering that helping people! 

I watched SK Rapid Vienna Vs Lask around 4 years ago, Went for a hot dog at the ground and was told I had to purchse tickets from the ticket machine as cash was a no no, An Austrian next to me paid with the tickets he had and I paid him cash back.

It's a crafty way to make extra loot, If you're a little under or over the toatal amount then you have to purchse more tickets, With no change given, Having said that I gave the fella €10 for 2 hot dogs that were €7.50cents

5 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

I watched SK Rapid Vienna Vs Lask around 4 years ago, Went for a hot dog at the ground and was told I had to purchse tickets from the ticket machine as cash was a no no, An Austrian next to me paid with the tickets he had and I paid him cash back.

It's a crafty way to make extra loot, If you're a little under or over the toatal amount then you have to purchse more tickets, With no change given, Having said that I gave the fella €10 for 2 hot dogs that were €7.50cents

I hope you asked for a receipt 

On 19/10/2021 at 19:34, Boycie said:

Just sat in the Yard, saw a load of investors walking around and heard one say 12 points reduced to 6, then 4 points for ffp.

No idea what they were on about mind? 

Crikey, I think we'd bite their hand off if this was on offer right now. Get 2 points back and a clean slate?. Got to be too good to be true, surely.

3 hours ago, RedSox said:

As others have said, don't underestimate the impact of Covid.  There is still a pandemic on - despite what BoJo may try to have us believe - and people are still dying.  Sometimes, there are more important things than physically attending football matches.  I know I am at risk of coming across as a tad over-cautious, but as I know people it has affected, it has really spooked me - and I've had my 2 jabs & booster already.  

I just think that there are many others who are staying away altogether right now, to protect their and their families' health.  Were it not for this, I would expect the crowds to be at least in the 22k-25k range.   

That’s true although it doesn’t explain five clubs getting higher attendances who would normally get the same or less. 

I'd agree with the comments that there are clearly some folk still wary of attendance either for personal health or that of family but I also think there is also an element that some folk have simply got out of the habit of going.

I've certainly experienced periods in the past where we didn't seem to be going anywhere, perhaps the football was dull or whatever and it felt like I was going through the motions a bit in terms of attending but continued to do so because I've been doing so for donkeys years and what else am I going to do on a Saturday right ? With Covid though, the inability to attend games for so long might just have been a tipping point for some people and they may be grateful for the extra few hundred quid in the bank and so some folk may well be slow to come back in their former numbers.

The circus that we seem to have become won't have helped but honestly, I didn't really expect more than low 20k crowds at best. I think our current crowds are fairly respectable in the current situation and although we'll always have a hard core of support (as is the case with all teams), in the current climate IMHO it isn't really of any great surprise that more casual fans aren't turning up in huge numbers.

22 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Far more people like paying cash rather card just what I thought would happen.

Do they though? I'm not saying that to be contentious btw. I can't remember the last time I HAD to pay cash for anything, in fact I could have gone out just with my contactless card and not needed cash at all for anything at all.

There probably is a split with the younger generation favouring contactless payments over cash compared to the older generation but for me cash went out with square wheels.

On 19/10/2021 at 23:17, G STAR RAM said:

Its really disappointing. 

We could literally be watching Derby County FC play for the last time in the next couple of months and we are struggling to half fill the ground, yet when times were good we managed to sell 35 or 40 thousand in hours.

I think for those of us who have often said we deserve to be in the top flight because we are a big club with a loyal fanbase, this is a bit of an eye opener.

When was the last time we have sold 35 - 40 thousand in total for a home game let alone “in hours”?

5 hours ago, Wolfie said:

Crikey, I think we'd bite their hand off if this was on offer right now. Get 2 points back and a clean slate?. Got to be too good to be true, surely.

Oddly, when everyone on both sides has finished strutting their stuff, that might be considered fair and reasonable. 

what really kills me is why on Earth can’t the EFL come clean. There can be absolutely nothing preventing them stating what penalty is incoming. The accounting investigations have been going on for years. 

What has the EFL actually said in the last 4 weeks except to apply the automatic deduction… absolutely nothing .. why ? And on what grounds ? There is supposed to be a set of rules which includes penalties and a means to appeal them. 

There really is only one conclusion .. they are waiting to see if we can beat the drop before revealing their hand. That is fundamentally dishonest and against the rules.