Derby finally accept 21 point deduction.

taggy180

10 hours ago, Chris_D said:

when did the EFL say this about the sufficient guarantees? be interested how that was phrased / when they said it.

My recollection is that the EFL had been satisfied, but right now I can't find it. If I do I'll post that. All I can find at the moment is the administrators in late September (eg here https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/Derby-administrators-takeover-debt-rooney-5958458) saying they're confident we'll fulfil our fixtures. Presumably they are in a legal position where if that weren't the case they wouldn't be allowed to say it.

There is nothing in the official terse EFL statements. Either I made it up or I read it in one of the journo's pieces discussing administration and what happens next for the club.

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

My recollection is that the EFL had been satisfied, but right now I can't find it. If I do I'll post that. All I can find at the moment is the administrators in late September (eg here https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/Derby-administrators-takeover-debt-rooney-5958458) saying they're confident we'll fulfil our fixtures. Presumably they are in a legal position where if that weren't the case they wouldn't be allowed to say it.

There is nothing in the official terse EFL statements. Either I made it up or I read it in one of the journo's pieces discussing administration and what happens next for the club.

I wonder if the guaranteed funding point was raised by EFL in discussions about coming out of embargo. Can’t see that it’s immediately relevant. Surely if we’re out of admin and new owners are in place early Jan, there’ll be a business plan in place and proof of funding and we’ll be good to go in the Jan window 

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

I wonder if the guaranteed funding point was raised by EFL in discussions about coming out of embargo. Can’t see that it’s immediately relevant. Surely if we’re out of admin and new owners are in place early Jan, there’ll be a business plan in place and proof of funding and we’ll be good to go in the Jan window 

For me we need to take on efl it is funny that a member was not there against prestion because they knew what Derby fans can do.

10 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Saying you’re “confident” isn’t a promise, commitment or guarantee and isn’t exactly legally binding. So I don’t see any legal risk to the administrator if things deteriorated and we weren’t able to fulfil our fixtures.

The more we hear from this administrator, the more I worry. Can they not just get on and do their job discreetly? The people who did the job at Wigan were exactly the same.

I hope for your sake as fans that the points situation gets sorted quickly. These interminable delays and appeals and counter-appeals do the club no favours.

3 minutes ago, basilrobbie said:

The more we hear from this administrator, the more I worry. Can they not just get on and do their job discreetly? The people who did the job at Wigan were exactly the same.

I hope for your sake as fans that the points situation gets sorted quickly. These interminable delays and appeals and counter-appeals do the club no favours.

I'm pretty sure that the EFL are happy to drag the torture out. 

Death by 1000 cuts*.

*Sorry, the letter to the right of 'b' is bust.

17 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I'm pretty sure that the EFL are happy to drag the torture out. 

Death by 1000 cuts*.

*Sorry, the letter to the right of 'b' is bust.

We’re in a ridiculous position. The better we do on the pitch the more difficult it is to agree a sensible sanction with EFL. (Because some clubs so want to see us relegated.)

I’m looking forward to seeing what the admins report says about their dealings with EFl 

Edited by kevinhectoring

21 minutes ago, basilrobbie said:

They haven't actually made any statements since about this time last week. The fans demand to be kept informed. As long as they're doing that at reasonable intervals, and being honest and not making grandiose promises (which I don't think they have), I'm satisfied they're getting on with the job.

The points situation divides opinion. Personally, I'm happy for it to drag on a bit longer until we've reached the point where any further deduction won't take us into -ve points, which I think would be disastrous for team morale. I suspect that what will happen after the appeal against the -12 points is heard and before any final sale transaction is concluded.

1 hour ago, basilrobbie said:

What exactly have we heard in the last couple of weeks that causing you to worry?

Personally I think they are generally just cracking on. 

On 18/10/2021 at 11:25, PistoldPete said:

Exactly . If I was a judge and Efl tried to claim COVID wasn’t a force majeure I would dismiss the point in two minutes flat and award all costs to Derby.

Can I just suggest a name change if you decide on a legal career ? . Pistol Pete might not be the most appropriate moniker for a High Court Judge ?

I wanted to be a Goalie but I found that being called Butterfingers Bill restricted my opportunities just a little 

7 minutes ago, jono said:

Can I just suggest a name change if you decide on a legal career ? . Pistol Pete might not be the most appropriate moniker for a High Court Judge ?

I wanted to be a Goalie but I found that being called Butterfingers Bill restricted my opportunities just a little 

Yup, I think Probation Pete would be a much better name to be in front of m'learned friends.

3 hours ago, basilrobbie said:

Mel Morris did his job discreetly! 

we are only appealing the administration points deduction which should be done soon enough 

meanwhile we haven’t actually been charged with anything else so we can’t have a hearing and we can’t have an appeal - I accept that the EFL don’t fancy doing the legal arguments over amortisation in a court and want a out of tribunal settlement but there seems to be a clear disagreement over that.

4 hours ago, basilrobbie said:

Not appealing is worse than appealing with a chance of having the points deduction reduced.

1 hour ago, jono said:

As it happens my mate was sent down 2 years ago for cattle rustling, I asked him who the judge was...yes you've guessed it, Pistoldpete, This judge needs putting out to grass.

1 hour ago, alexxxxx said:

Do we know when the appeal is being heard? 

Think it’s happened or will happen very soon

we appealed on 22nd Sep, and iirc it has to be heard in 21 days or so

if you look at Wigan, it was all done, dusted and written up in a month.

no idea when the result comes out though