Derby finally accept 21 point deduction.

taggy180

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Its really disappointing. 

We could literally be watching Derby County FC play for the last time in the next couple of months and we are struggling to half fill the ground, yet when times were good we managed to sell 35 or 40 thousand in hours.

I think for those of us who have often said we deserve to be in the top flight because we are a big club with a loyal fanbase, this is a bit of an eye opener.

Strange times , first match for me and my lad in over a year due to illness and shielding. I know a couple of other lads who have been going for as long as me (since 1970) and they are still unsure about being in crowds. Hopefully continued good form and a few wins will start to temp folk back 

14 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Strange times , first match for me and my lad in over a year due to illness and shielding. I know a couple of other lads who have been going for as long as me (since 1970) and they are still unsure about being in crowds. Hopefully continued good form and a few wins will start to temp folk back 

Form and results should be of little relevance, if we don't get money coming in there will only be 1 result...

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Its really disappointing. 

We could literally be watching Derby County FC play for the last time in the next couple of months and we are struggling to half fill the ground, yet when times were good we managed to sell 35 or 40 thousand in hours.

I think for those of us who have often said we deserve to be in the top flight because we are a big club with a loyal fanbase, this is a bit of an eye opener.

55 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Form and results should be of little relevance, if we don't get money coming in there will only be 1 result...

The way it is.  My dad won't go to games at the minute due to risk of illness complications but has spent £250 quid this week on crap made of static and cobwebs from the club shop. He's been a regular since about 1963 till the last couple of years and when they were terrible in the early 80's went home and away.  Are Newcastle a big club. When I went there in 1991/92 they were averaging 13-16k a game and they were nowhere near the position were in.  Leeds were filling less than half there ground 10 years ago.  When I went to Sunderland in 2007 they beat us and went top and the entire top deck of there stands was closed.  You won't be averaging 20k at any other club in this division if they were where we are.   With covid and a team full of kids and freebies with a 12 point deduction and more to come and practically no attacking options our gates have dropped around 20% from when we were flying . 

8 hours ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

You had better ask Radio Derby as they reported it. Probably the group with Stephen Pearce . Glad to see you are still posting your usual positive stuff 

Blimey Reggie, my posts in general are one of concern and looking for a like minded soul to lean on. I’m really pleased you can find something positive off the pitch. That post was a little bit of gallows humour which some obviously got!

7 hours ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

I don’t think the players can do much more, they’ve been tremendous under the circumstances and we’re definitely not going down with this form.

6 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

The way it is.  My dad won't go to games at the minute due to risk of illness complications but has spent £250 quid this week on crap made of static and cobwebs from the club shop. He's been a regular since about 1963 till the last couple of years and when they were terrible in the early 80's went home and away.  Are Newcastle a big club. When I went there in 1991/92 they were averaging 13-16k a game and they were nowhere near the position were in.  Leeds were filling less than half there ground 10 years ago.  When I went to Sunderland in 2007 they beat us and went top and the entire top deck of there stands was closed.  You won't be averaging 20k at any other club in this division if they were where we are.   With covid and a team full of kids and freebies with a 12 point deduction and more to come and practically no attacking options our gates have dropped around 20% from when we were flying . 

I think it is mostly COVID that is keeping fans away not the performances which actually have been pretty decent at home.

29 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

I think it is mostly COVID that is keeping fans away not the performances which actually have been pretty decent at home.

Its a combination of all sorts if things but that will be a big one. Fuel and costs going up wont help either. However I am sure many are supporting the club financially in other ways when they can like buying rams tv, paying for the audio each month, shop, just buying a ticket and not going etc. Disappointed admin havent found a way people can just pay something if you want to help whether its small or large. The virtual ticket idea hasnt been taken up 

To put it in context, there's only 5 clubs with higher averages in the Championship this season. 

Yes, I would love to emphasise to the absentees that they may not have a club to support in a few months time, but if there's anyone in the county that doesn't know that already, they must be hermits. But I do think the pandemic and the ticketing farce have knocked at least a couple of thousand off the gate and it'll take time for some people to put aside both issues before they think about returning. 

9 minutes ago, Crewton said:

To put it in context, there's only 5 clubs with higher averages in the Championship this season. 

Yes, I would love to emphasise to the absentees that they may not have a club to support in a few months time, but if there's anyone in the county that doesn't know that already, they must be hermits. But I do think the pandemic and the ticketing farce have knocked at least a couple of thousand off the gate and it'll take time for some people to put aside both issues before they think about returning. 

Agreed. Someone said to me yesterday why don’t we just carry on ordering our tickets for each game onto our phones. It’s dead easy. 
Er, no. A proportion of older fans just want their season ticket safely in their wallet, so they can just travel to the ground and get easy access. 

16 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Look Adim are trying reduce points reduction I think club will survive dont worry on that. But club could help themselfs by making full menu available again. I was going to try roast paptoies to find out no longer do them. I asked people behind conversations stands people dont know when it will be back they reckion all staff gone back union or what be told to say.