Steve Gibson trying to liquidate Derby

Carl Sagan

8 hours ago, i-Ram said:

I think just you (and your Dad) buddy. Seriously, nobody else really cares too much about him.

I’ll stand with b4 here.

if Gibson was on fire I’d urinate 1 millimetre away from where he could crawl too.

an absolute weasel of a man who at this point just wants to put working class people out of a job to serve his own ego.

Duck him.

10 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

I’ll stand with b4 here.

if Gibson was on fire I’d urinate 1 millimetre away from where he could crawl too.

an absolute weasel of a man who at this point just wants to put working class people out of a job to serve his own ego.

Duck him.

If you want to paint him too as a Pantomime villain that’s ok. He’s behind you.

1 minute ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I think this thread suggests otherwise.

But the thread is on the premise he might sue us. That ain’t going to happen.

If the hate is because he stuck up for his club when he felt some cheating was going on. Good for him. Former fan’s favourite Mel Morris would have done the same.

Middlesborough FC, not Gibson, is a member of the EFL and entitled to make complaints to the EFL and for them to be properly investigated.

Don't get me wrong. I do think he is a Bamford.

Well I'd rather have a Chairman like Steve Gibson than the one we've got. He's using this to take us out the picture, five years ago we were one of the key teams in this league, next year we may well not even be in it. I'd say Gibson would consider that mission accomplished. You might not like this tactics or focus on us but is has proved effective and if it was the other way round we'd all be cheering him for outing a club not wanting to play by the rules.

4 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Well I'd rather have a Chairman like Steve Gibson than the one we've got. He's using this to take us out the picture, five years ago we were one of the key teams in this league, next year we may well not even be in it. I'd say Gibson would consider that mission accomplished. You might not like this tactics or focus on us but is has proved effective and if it was the other way round we'd all be cheering him for outing a club not wanting to play by the rules.

I honestly wouldn't. The clubs been hammered and will be further.  His whinge has been addressed twice and was deemed unchargeable. All he's doing now is trying to but a club that's been around 137 years out of business by driving up legal costs.  What a thoroughly horrific piece of pond life.  

4 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I honestly wouldn't. The clubs been hammered and will be further.  His whinge has been addressed twice and was deemed unchargeable. All he's doing now is trying to but a club that's been around 137 years out of business by driving up legal costs.  What a thoroughly horrific piece of pond life.  

He really isn’t going to sue us. He only had one whinge if I remember correctly. The valuation of the ground. The EFL tacked the other one on late in the day. I think Gibson was not out of order to challenge the Stadium valuation either. It may not have been found in his (the EFLs favour) but let’s say it had been found to be valued incorrectly and was only worth say £60m we would now be arguing about a £24m over spend for the 3 years up to 17/18 rather than the ‘about £4m’ Morris admitted to on Sunday. Gibson was ahead of the curve compared with many Fans on here. He was concerned, on behalf of his club, that the system was being gamed.

For the record, again, I do notwithstanding think Gibson is a Bamford.

5 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

He really isn’t going to sue us. He only had one whinge if I remember correctly. The valuation of the ground. The EFL tacked the other one on late in the day. I think Gibson was not out of order to challenge the Stadium valuation either. It may not have been found in his (the EFLs favour) but let’s say it had been found to be valued incorrectly and was only worth say £60m we would now be arguing about a £24m over spend for the 3 years up to 17/18 rather than the ‘about £4m’ Morris admitted to on Sunday. Gibson was ahead of the curve compared with many Fans on here. He was concerned, on behalf of his club, that the system was being gamed.

For the record, again, I do notwithstanding think Gibson is a Bamford.

i am bemused by the whole thing to be honest . Far as I can tell he initially complained about us villa, and wednesday.  He only pressed the issue on us on two occasions, despite Villa surging past both clubs and getting promoted and Wednesday having deducted points on the incorrect account submission, not the actual sale.  As he can't challenge the EFL to push for it again , he's effectively looking into taking a civil action, as far as I'm aware against competition regs and based on spurious rubbish .  He's not bothering and has never really bothered with the other two.  He knows by pushing the club to liquidation he cuts any income for Morris when he leaves re the stadium. That's the only explanation now.  Whether he wins or not is irrelevant, its the problems he can cause he's interested in and the death of the club is a by product. 

On 23/09/2021 at 22:05, Crewton said:

Odd that Gibson isn't sueing Villa, who came roaring past both us and Boro from the bottom half of the table after overspending massively in that particular season, and who also sold their stadium to their owners. 

Someone might think it's not really justice he's interested in. 

£100 million for Mr Grealish!

Villa can afford a top legal team.

Who in their right mind would take them on?

Who is in their right mind come to think of it anyway?!

12 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

I’ll stand with b4 here.

Duck him.

That's impressive control you've got there. 

Most times, a 12 inch round target is beyond me.

1 hour ago, BaaLocks said:

You might have had a point if he had not been “ bending “ the rules himself and blowing parachute payments (twice)