Steve Gibson trying to liquidate Derby

Carl Sagan

58 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Do you think his missus gets annoyed when he starts moaning and shouting Morris in his sleep.  I suspect he's replaced his wedding photo  on his bed side table with one of Waghorn as well.

Are we sure it's him that's moaning "Mel...ammortisation....treat me like I'm compliant with FRS102" in bed?

It's obviously all just specualtion, but could a spousal fascination with bald headed entrapanure from the east midlands, combined with a fear of his perm losing it's vitality be a phsycholgical component?

When all is said and done though, I think fair's fair and Lee Camp should become Boro's goalie for the next five years.

10 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Yet not yet proved, I am sure it will be but not yet

They were over the limit the year before and spent massively that season. Quite probably would have faced a financial meltdown if the goal line technology worked v Sheff Utd and they had been relegated like should have happened.  Just got massively lucky 

3 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

They were over the limit the year before and spent massively that season. Quite probably would have faced a financial meltdown if the goal line technology worked v Sheff Utd and they had been relegated like should have happened.  Just got massively lucky 

They did get lucky ant there lies the difference 

On 05/10/2021 at 09:39, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

To be fair to Boro they really wanted Waghorn, which was why when he was available on a free over summer they rushed in to get him. They rated him that highly!

If they were successful on this then the can of worms would be well and truly opened and we could sue QPR, Villa and Bournemouth and the like. I think it is petty and ridiculous. Is Gibson suing Assombolonga for not scoring enough goals?

There are no circumstances in which this is appropriate! 

On 05/10/2021 at 08:49, angieram said:

This snippet from last night's meeting really pisses me off: 

"They are also fighting legal charges – for the Middlesbrough charge, lawyers has already been engaged  on both sides."

If this doesn't demonstrate Steve Gibson's malicious nature, nothing does.

What an absolute waste of administrators' time and the club's money. Talk about kick a man when he's down! 

On 05/10/2021 at 19:15, angieram said:

Derby County, although apparently he can't sue us while we are in administration. Silver lining? 

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

Why is this thread still running. Steve Gibson is not going to sue the Club. It’s just total title tattle. 

I started the thread after reading a piece which said "Teesside Live understands Boro are indeed continuing to pursue their action against the Rams." And Angie seemed to confirm this with minutes from Ramstrust (I think). But then she adds (I don't know where thus comes from) that Gibson can't sue us if in administration, but if that were the case I don't understand why we would have engaged lawyers.

But none of this suggests he's not suing the club. It seems pretty clear that he is. Why do you think otherwise?

30 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I started the thread after reading a piece which said "Teesside Live understands Boro are indeed continuing to pursue their action against the Rams." And Angie seemed to confirm this with minutes from Ramstrust (I think). But then she adds (I don't know where thus comes from) that Gibson can't sue us if in administration, but if that were the case I don't understand why we would have engaged lawyers.

But none of this suggests he's not suing the club. It seems pretty clear that he is. Why do you think otherwise?

This is way us supports need to stop him if it means taking him head on so be it. I say we protest against get national media down let's have like 10k outside pp make clear we are not standing by and let him to destroy our club that he intends on doing.

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

To try and head him off at the pass, as it's a very conspicuous attempt to suck money that should be keeping us afloat from gate receipts and a red flag to try and put off any investors.  Basically a football league member on the point of going out of business, is doing a job the EFL should be doing with a one off email threatening them with expulsion if they go down the civil route.