Steve Gibson trying to liquidate Derby

Carl Sagan

28 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

People commonly say that, but I don't think it's actually true. The judgement I linked seems to suggest it is possible under the right circumstances? To be honest, I've never been bothered enough by it to read through the regs.

Some fan here on the Gills board talking about similar subject and someone mentions:

https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/clubs-taking-legal-action.104807/post-2285374

image.png.709193df1a135779b15b7d90d91902a2.png

Could be what Gibson is angling for?

29 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I also note the EFL ruling quoted above mentioning that Boro failed to demonstrate that they were uniquely damaged - logically we played every other club twice as well so the "damage" was equally distributed to all other teams.

Would be interesting to see how that would play out in our case. We lost one-off playoff final games against 2 over-spending teams. I'd say we absolutely have a case that we were uniquely affected.

I remember Mel Morris giving an interview on TalkSport sometime after QPR were charged by the EFL for their FFP violations. He was asked whether he'd considered seeking compensation from them. I can't recall his exact words but it was along the lines of "no, I can't see the point in that. We have to move on."

I wonder if he regrets not being more litigious?

Evil doesn't believe itself to be evil so what is his actual motivation? 

I totally understand him having a vendetta against Morris but not against the club (which is, at the end of the day, the fans) because we've not actually done anything wrong. Other than regard Boro to be completely irrelevant to football. If they disappeared tomorrow, would anyone notice...? 

If he's going against DCFC to ruin us and get back at Morris then I'm not sure it's worth it as perhaps Morris won't be that bothered about whether DCFC continues or not...? Dunno. These big-time businessmen and their egos...

If I was Derby I wouldn't engage lawyers. I'd re-employ Martin Kuhl and let him handle it how he sees fit.

11 minutes ago, Raich Carter said:

Evil doesn't believe itself to be evil so what is his actual motivation? 

I totally understand him having a vendetta against Morris but not against the club (which is, at the end of the day, the fans) because we've not actually done anything wrong. Other than regard Boro to be completely irrelevant to football. If they disappeared tomorrow, would anyone notice...? 

If he's going against DCFC to ruin us and get back at Morris then I'm not sure it's worth it as perhaps Morris won't be that bothered about whether DCFC continues or not...? Dunno. These big-time businessmen and their egos...

If I was Derby I wouldn't engage lawyers. I'd re-employ Martin Kuhl and let him handle it how he sees fit.

Good shout

FA7FFF2C-22AD-4A75-9132-800D3818E56B.jpeg

6 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I also note the EFL ruling quoted above mentioning that Boro failed to demonstrate that they were uniquely damaged - logically we played every other club twice as well so the "damage" was equally distributed to all other teams.

And we drew both games against boro so no obvious advantage gained . In any case even if boro had finished on the play offs what would that have brought them . 

thr proper test anyway is what if Derby hadn’t broken the rules  ( as alleged) . They allegedly overspent by £4million up to 2017/18.. what advantage did that give them in 2018/19? Marginal at best .. in fact if we hadn’t wasted money we would have been in a better place now.

boro’s case would be stronger against the Efl who had they acted sooner could have deducted points and given boro a play off place. But arguably Efl should have acted much sooner and the overspending would never have happened .

9 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

We should be retrospectively taking both QPR and Aston Villa to court, how much money have they cost us by breaking the FFP rules the year we could have got promoted.

One could say that Mel saw QPR break the rules and pretty much get away with it and thought to hell with it, if they can do it we will.

We should try legal action against Ipswich for one of there players breaking Thornes leg, seeing as that probably cost us promotion.

Can’t really take action vs Villa as they haven’t been proved to have broken the rules but QPR we could destroy in the same court 

9 hours ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

To be fair to Boro they really wanted Waghorn, which was why when he was available on a free over summer they rushed in to get him. They rated him that highly!

If they were successful on this then the can of worms would be well and truly opened and we could sue QPR, Villa and Bournemouth and the like. I think it is petty and ridiculous. Is Gibson suing Assombolonga for not scoring enough goals?

Just takes Waghorn to say he was never going to sign for them in court then?

29 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Villa drove coach and horses through FFP that season and it was well known 

Yes. the gates were locked and admin ready to go 2 weeks before the season start.  Then they carried on regardless, signed Snodgrass, McGinn,Hourihane and others and gave Grealish an improved contract instead of selling him for 20 million .  All a bit odd.