Birmingham City vs Derby County Matchday Thread

Tombo

2 minutes ago, Seaside Ram said:

Well said Ossie . I can't stand some of our fans who are clearly loving this . I wish David would introduce a block button so I wouldn't have to see what the idiots post. ?

Who are clearly loving it, have you been on the Brummy board?! ?

3 minutes ago, Seaside Ram said:

Well said Ossie . I can't stand some of our fans who are clearly loving this . I wish David would introduce a block button so I wouldn't have to see what the idiots post. ?

I’m intrigued, what fans should be blocked? I doubt any fans are loving this. However I am sure there a lot of fans who can’t see where we have enough to win games and are obviously frustrated, but at no point are loving this (I’m sure the majority put their money behind supporting the team but aren’t overlay happy with where we are) 

1 minute ago, TexasRam said:

I’m intrigued, what fans should be blocked? I doubt any fans are loving this. However I am sure there a lot of fans who can’t see where we have enough to win games and are obviously frustrated, but at no point are loving this (I’m sure the majority put their money behind supporting the team but aren’t overlay happy with where we are) 

I think he wants to block them so he doesn't have to read certain posters comments, rather them being blocked from using the forum.

1 minute ago, ossieram said:

I think he wants to block them so he doesn't have to read certain posters comments, rather them being blocked from using the forum.

So they should go to another forum, Jesus not everything is sunshine and rainbows 

I get why Rooney wants to play out from the back. Going long isn't really an option when you've got a small striker upfront on his own against a back 3. Baldock plays on the shoulder. 

But he offers us nothing really. In his defence I'm not sure it would make much of a difference who plays up front because we lack so much creativity it's frightening.

The first goal. Can't really legislate for it. Buchanan hasn't looked. He's passed it to where he thinks Davies is then he's looked as he's passed it. Roos does well initially. But then flapped at the second bit.

I get what people say when they say Morrison is our best player. He probably is. But I still want to see more from him. Sitting deep in midfield spraying a couple of decent passes around looks nice, but it's not really getting us anywhere. I really don't understand why we are playing 2 CDMs in Bird and Shinnie and Morrison is so deep too. Would love to see him further forward. Where his passes could be more effective.

I've said this a million times, but we need so much more from Lawrence. I honestly think he's best position is upfront. He's not a winger, he offers nothing in midfield. Not really sure where he's playing at the minute.

We are crying out for wingers, Sibley isn't one, Lawrence isn't one. They are what we have as width. Supported by the full backs.

Finally, and please don't think I'm scapegoating. Cos I'm not. I've been saying this since Lampard is here and this isn't just based on tonight.

But Kelle Roos is not now and never will be good enough to be number one. 

Kicking is poor, use of the ball is poor. He takes so long on it, it's frightening. It's almost like he thinks nobody is there and he can take as long as he needs. Peterborough game he almost cost us. Tonight he had an awful touch and still took his time after.

He will make the odd good save in a game but then he'll concede with something that he should save. That Forest goal, he should save. Im not saying the second goal tonight was a clanger or a massive mistake. But he should do better for me. 

Everytime the ball comes into the box in the air he looks nervous, which will run through to the defenders.

The blokes a liability. A good goalkeeper will save you 10 points a season. A bad one will cost you.

Our best keeper isn't even in the squad. It's like Scott Carson all over again. 

Marshall is here, we're paying his wages. Just play him.

This season is going to be very similar to how last season finished. I think we'll struggle to score more than one in a game playing like this. Infact there won't be many times we do score more than one in a game this season.

3 minutes ago, JarodyDCFC said:

What did Wayne say post-match? 

He basically said that he didn't think Birmingham deserved to win the game overall, he was asked about the instruction to play around the back with the ball and he said he takes full responsibility for mistakes from this tactic, he was asked where the goals are going to come from this season and he said that the previous games we did create chances but didn't convert them and said that it's not ideal having youth players on the bench as when you make subs you are looking to change the game and some of those players aren't ready for a full first team 90 minutes. 

8 minutes ago, Jase116 said:

I think tonight proves what we thought at the beginning of the season, that we will get bullied by the more physical teams.

You make it sound like it’s something the opposition shouldn’t be doing or allowed to do. The reality is we need to stand up or toughen up or we’ll be the whipping boys.