Free Agents

DCFC Kicks

2 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

If we can somehow resolve things with the EFL and our embargo ends, there still might be some free agents available. 

Possibilities:

Andre Wisdom

Jack Wilshere 

Kean Bryan

Oumar Niasse

Hal Robson-Kanu

Robbie Brady

Andy Carroll

Connor Wickham

Can you get any more injury prone than these guys!??

56 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

If we can somehow resolve things with the EFL and our embargo ends, there still might be some free agents available. 

Possibilities:

Andre Wisdom

Jack Wilshere 

Kean Bryan

Oumar Niasse

Hal Robson-Kanu

Robbie Brady

Andy Carroll

Connor Wickham

They are working as extras for Casualty so maybe unavailable.

Connor Wickham is one of those that has had some fairly big transfers (in terms of £££) over the years but never quite worked out. I think he might be worth a risk... as is Norman IMO. Wilshere - what a player but I'd only take him on a pay-as-you-play deal as he's just had one problem after another but imagine him and Ravel on form... that would be immense (but unlikely, I'll admit).

1 hour ago, DCFC Kicks said:

Possibilities:

Andre Wisdom

Jack Wilshere 

Kean Bryan

Oumar Niasse

Hal Robson-Kanu

Robbie Brady

Andy Carroll

Connor Wickham

Some more -

Nathaniel Mendez-Laing

Daniel Sturridge

Kadeem Harris

Yaya Sanogo

Wilfried Bony

Ahmed Elmohamady

Mo Besic

Luciano Narsingh

Jack Rodwell

Yannick Sagbo

Miroslav Stoch

Just now, atherstoneram said:

Free agents are free agents for a reason or reasons, not as good as they think they are or injury prone. Asking for too much for signing on fee and salary or could be a disruptive influence in the dressing room.

Very true. And clubs like ours are also less than perfect...

I think Rooney fancies himself to handle difficult characters (having been one and having been around lots!) so he might take a chance on some of them. I quite like the excitement of taking a chance on the odd random. Some of us remember Taribo West where it was 50/50 as to whether he'd physically turn-up!

1 hour ago, atherstoneram said:

Free agents are free agents for a reason or reasons, not as good as they think they are or injury prone. Asking for too much for signing on fee and salary or could be a disruptive influence in the dressing room.

CKR signed after the window shut and was a decent signing.

Also, all of our signings this summer have been free agents, they all seem to have done well so far other than Allsop who has come in as a backup goalie

38 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

CKR signed after the window shut and was a decent signing.

Also, all of our signings this summer have been free agents, they all seem to have done well so far other than Allsop who has come in as a backup goalie

Yes i agree although we have not come up against stiffer opposition yet,it also takes longer to get over injuries as you get older as seen with CKR. Time will tell as the season progresses but i hope we continue as we have started and form doesn't dip.