Free Agents

DCFC Kicks

41 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

the EFL only allowed us to sign 4 players though.

It wasn't just about the 4 players, it was/is about the amount of money we can spend on the salary.

The other teams are not restricted in the same way

Now our teams so weak we are uncompetitive.

We've lost one game and drawn another, to stay up, we needed all 6 points.

Edited by Oldben
Added content

8 minutes ago, Oldben said:

It wasn't just about the 4 players, it was/is about the amount of money we can spend on the salary.

I missed it, has the season ended, I thought there were another 18 games to play.

15 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Another way to look at it is we closed 1 point on reading. Who seem to be doing everything within their power to help us stay up. 

we keep chipping away, the gap is shrinking. 

4 minutes ago, Maharan said:

So we’re asking creditors to write off 75% of the debt owed by the club, but on the other hand we’re talking about making new signings?!  Good grief 

Like any business being sold as a going concern! We've hardly enough players for the squad.

31 minutes ago, Maharan said:

So we’re asking creditors to write off 75% of the debt owed by the club, but on the other hand we’re talking about making new signings?!  Good grief 

Would you rather us go to league one? Plus the creditors still get less?

37 minutes ago, Maharan said:

We never allowed to make signings again then? 

Rooney mentioned weeks ago he had players lined up when a PB was expected, would have been the same situation with 75% debt written off

Edited by DCFC1388

For people taking the moral high ground about signings, just look at this list taken from an excellent post by @Brailsford Ram over in the admin thread.

"Many others avoided liquidation after entering administration in the past 40 years;  Bradford City (twice), Charlton, Middlesbrough, Tranmere, Newport, Walsall, Northampton, Hartlepool, Barnet, Exeter, Gillingham, Exeter, Millwall, Bournemouth (twice), Crystal Palace (twice), Portsmouth (three times), Hull, QPR, Halifax (twice), Bradford City, Notts County (twice), Barnsley, Leicester, Port Vale), ((three times), York, Ipswich, Wimbledon, Oldham, Darlington (twice), Wrexham, Cambridge, Rotherham (twice), Crawley, Boston, Leeds, Luton, Rotherham, Southampton, Stockport, Plymouth, Coventry, Aldershot, Bolton and Wigan."

All of these paid hmrc a lot less than we will be doing as they weren'ta preferential creditor then, probably paid local suppliers similar. They have all recovered to some extent and signed new players. (I think one of them might have won the Premier League and be paying players more than our club is worth).

When you're in the middle of this shitstorm it's horrible, but in the bigger scheme of things it's fairly commonplace.

If we did a trawl of businesses outside football that went into administration and didn't pay suppliers it would be longer than yesterday's procession.

Not saying any of it is right, just saying you do what you can to survive in the circumstances. 

37 minutes ago, angieram said:

For people taking the moral high ground about signings, just look at this list taken from an excellent post by @Brailsford Ram over in the admin thread.

"Many others avoided liquidation after entering administration in the past 40 years;  Bradford City (twice), Charlton, Middlesbrough, Tranmere, Newport, Walsall, Northampton, Hartlepool, Barnet, Exeter, Gillingham, Exeter, Millwall, Bournemouth (twice), Crystal Palace (twice), Portsmouth (three times), Hull, QPR, Halifax (twice), Bradford City, Notts County (twice), Barnsley, Leicester, Port Vale), ((three times), York, Ipswich, Wimbledon, Oldham, Darlington (twice), Wrexham, Cambridge, Rotherham (twice), Crawley, Boston, Leeds, Luton, Rotherham, Southampton, Stockport, Plymouth, Coventry, Aldershot, Bolton and Wigan."

All of these paid hmrc a lot less than we will be doing as they weren'ta preferential creditor then, probably paid local suppliers similar. They have all recovered to some extent and signed new players. (I think one of them might have won the Premier League and be paying players more than our club is worth).

When you're in the middle of this shitstorm it's horrible, but in the bigger scheme of things it's fairly commonplace.

If we did a trawl of businesses outside football that went into administration and didn't pay suppliers it would be longer than yesterday's procession.

Not saying any of it is right, just saying you do what you can to survive in the circumstances. 

Wow. That is some list. I do wonder why this kind of stuff doesn't get more publicity in the national media. It's almost as if somebody has got a vendetta against us ?

17 hours ago, DesertRam said:

I disagree , who wouldn't (if not playing) want to put themselves in the shop window,

keep fit, and have a chance at football immortality with WR,  we are even on the tv every

week now.   come on ..........??

And all that TV money is so handy to have.......oh wait ?

There are a number of free agents who I wouldn't say no to, but how many would be willing to join a Championship club on £4.5k wages? They would also need to settle in quickly.

Ahmed El Mohamady, Branislav Ivanovic, Winston Reid, Tom Trybull, Josh Sims, Hal Robson-Kanu, Carlos Tevez

I'd snap your hand off right now if any of those would be willing to join. I doubt they'd accept such low wages though.

7 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

There are a number of free agents who I wouldn't say no to, but how many would be willing to join a Championship club on £4.5k wages? They would also need to settle in quickly.

Ahmed El Mohamady, Branislav Ivanovic, Winston Reid, Tom Trybull, Josh Sims, Hal Robson-Kanu, Carlos Tevez

I'd snap your hand off right now if any of those would be willing to join. I doubt they'd accept such low wages though.

Always an interesting one - are you a professional footballer or did you used to be one ? Anyway how fit would any of them be in March after not playing for a long time? 
Another thing to note is that it’s very rare that we have signed anybody in the winter transfer window that has improved us, although we can’t afford to lose anymore players as we still need the likes of Shinnie and Jagielka 

11 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Always an interesting one - are you a professional footballer or did you used to be one ? Anyway how fit would any of them be in March after not playing for a long time? 
Another thing to note is that it’s very rare that we have signed anybody in the winter transfer window that has improved us, although we can’t afford to lose anymore players as we still need the likes of Shinnie and Jagielka 

Only in my dreams ?

I think some added experience is just as vital at this point in time. We have just 9 outfielders who're older than 21 year-old Max Bird!
We've lost 4 very experienced pros who have made 2266 professional appearances between them!

7 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Absolutely no chance we sign anyone today. If we can get through this window with our squad as in tact as it currently is given the situation then we should consider ourselves very lucky.

I'm thinking a month from now. If we get players lined up we can get them in training to work on their match fitness.