Free Agents

DCFC Kicks

On 15/02/2022 at 18:00, DCFC Kicks said:

Jack Wilshere

Oumar Niasse

Both been linked before

On 15/02/2022 at 18:09, Ram1988 said:

Wisdom, Reid, Niasse and Kanu are the ones I'd look at on a possible short term deal. I don't think we need them all though maybe just a couple, a defender and a foward.

On 15/02/2022 at 21:19, DCFC1388 said:

Niasse & Wisdom seem the most obvious choices.

Wisdom obviously being an ex player, was training with us earlier in the season and seemed like Rooney wanted to sign him up. Covers RB & CB. Currently training with Birmingham.

Niasse played with Rooney at Everton. Imo would suit our style of player and we quite clearly need another forward. Last news of him was he was training with a 10th tier team. Only concern is he has been a free agent for most of Rooneys time as manager & I believe we only loosely got linked to him before he joined Huddersfield, surely if Rooney liked him that much he would have been in the door already.

Robson-Kanu would be a decent option as he can play upfront & out wide.

I feel like Winston Reid could be possible too. Wilshere may be tempted too. I think making headlines by keeping us up (now its more realistic) could be a draw as well as Rooney himself.

All these have been free agents a while so 4.5k or whatever we can offer for 3months is better than £0. They have about 5 weeks to find a club or will have to wait until the summer.

We could probably do with them in training now with the chance it could happen. Like we did with CKR the other summer & did during preseason.

I don’t think we’re signing Niasse ?

2D3212D7-7805-4139-BA3C-113E0F11BC4A.thumb.jpeg.5128203afd7534d73edd7dd3da80ab56.jpeg

Pardon my French but duck Jack Wilshere! Turned us down in favour of better offers that never materialised and before IRC the £4.5K a week salary cap was applied. I'd venture that a guy who'd rather sit on his sofa unpaid than come play for us and put himself in the window in doing so, is exactly the type of player we want to be avoiding like the plague.

We've assembled a team of scrappers who are putting everything on the line for the shirt. Why upset that balance with a tackle-shirking, Billy Big Bolarks who think he's too good to roll his sleeves up? I'd take one Jags over any number of Wishere's.

17 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Pardon my French but duck Jack Wilshere! Turned us down in favour of better offers that never materialised and before IRC the £4.5K a week salary cap was applied. I'd venture that a guy who'd rather sit on his sofa unpaid than come play for us and put himself in the window in doing so, is exactly the type of player we want to be avoiding like the plague.

We've assembled a team of scrappers who are putting everything on the line for the shirt. Why upset that balance with a tackle-shirking, Billy Big Bolarks who think he's too good to roll his sleeves up? I'd take one Jags over any number of Wishere's.

Good call. We need to get in touch with John Prescott. He had two Jags didn't he? 

1 hour ago, DesertRam said:

First order of business for WR is to resign Jagielka he'll be at his wits end by about now ?

then we'll get another couple in .............

I don't want Rooney to resign .  Jagielkas having to play for Stoke, of course he's at his wits end . Won't be long till he gets hairy when the moons full.

Edited by Gee SCREAMER !!

10 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

And he ain’t any good, was useless at Bournemouth ?

41 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

And he ain’t any good, was useless at Bournemouth ?

Scarcely watched any Premier League footy in years mate and if I had, it certainly wouldn't have been Bournemouth. If what you say is true, it's a shame really as whilst I've myself issued a scathing assessment of the man's character, he was at one time a gloriously talented player. 

4 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Scarcely watched any Premier League footy in years mate and if I had, it certainly wouldn't have been Bournemouth. If what you say is true, it's a shame really as whilst I've myself issued a scathing assessment of the man's character, he was at one time a gloriously talented player. 

About 7 or 8 years ago ?

Never would happen

But just imagine everyone's faces, and the forest fans foaming at the mouth, if we signed someone like Tevez the day we came out of admin ?

Even if he was awful it would be worth it to watch them meltdown on twitter