Free Agents

DCFC Kicks

48 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

There are a number of free agents who I wouldn't say no to, but how many would be willing to join a Championship club on £4.5k wages? They would also need to settle in quickly.

Ahmed El Mohamady, Branislav Ivanovic, Winston Reid, Tom Trybull, Josh Sims, Hal Robson-Kanu, Carlos Tevez

I'd snap your hand off right now if any of those would be willing to join. I doubt they'd accept such low wages though.

think we should sign carlos tevez just to see gibbos head explode!

12 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

Now I may have missed something which is entirely possible knowing me but does this from last week's supporter and admin meeting not cover free agent registrations also. 

Don't think you've missed owt, but I forgot that. I wonder who that was suggested by and why it says 'unlikely'?

41 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

Now I may have missed something which is entirely possible knowing me but does this from last week's supporter and admin meeting not cover free agent registrations also. 

I guess it will be dependant on the source of proof of funding. If it is by loaning the money then I can see why. If it is that we have named a PB who has provided funds for the remainder of the season then we could maybe sign players if the PB has put enough in to cover the additional costs?

• 3 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Should we be getting some in on trial.

They will need to get up to speed quick so training and practice matches needed whoever they are.

Reading just signed some ex-Rangers winger that had been training with them. But they knew they could offer a contract of course, we don't.

On 31/01/2022 at 10:52, Ghost of Clough said:

There are a number of free agents who I wouldn't say no to, but how many would be willing to join a Championship club on £4.5k wages? They would also need to settle in quickly.

Ahmed El Mohamady, Branislav Ivanovic, Winston Reid, Tom Trybull, Josh Sims, Hal Robson-Kanu, Carlos Tevez

I'd snap your hand off right now if any of those would be willing to join. I doubt they'd accept such low wages though.

^ this

Niasse & Wisdom seem the most obvious choices.

Wisdom obviously being an ex player, was training with us earlier in the season and seemed like Rooney wanted to sign him up. Covers RB & CB. Currently training with Birmingham.

Niasse played with Rooney at Everton. Imo would suit our style of player and we quite clearly need another forward. Last news of him was he was training with a 10th tier team. Only concern is he has been a free agent for most of Rooneys time as manager & I believe we only loosely got linked to him before he joined Huddersfield, surely if Rooney liked him that much he would have been in the door already.

Robson-Kanu would be a decent option as he can play upfront & out wide.

I feel like Winston Reid could be possible too. Wilshere may be tempted too. I think making headlines by keeping us up (now its more realistic) could be a draw as well as Rooney himself.

All these have been free agents a while so 4.5k or whatever we can offer for 3months is better than £0. They have about 5 weeks to find a club or will have to wait until the summer.

We could probably do with them in training now with the chance it could happen. Like we did with CKR the other summer & did during preseason.

Just now, SparxTheRam said:

If he's still available I'd defo look at Kadeem Harris, was always really impressed with him at Weds and would give us another pacy outlet, not sure if he Left or right sided tho 

Would also take Niasse or Kanu, we just desperately need another forward 

He plays in Ukraine so may become available soon.