Points deduction incoming?

Gringo

3 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Maybe the facts that you say should be non negotiable show us breaching p&s which is a point deduction? Surely we should then be in a position to negotiate?

Its not the fans who decide on the punishment, fans will just state what they think is best for the club to move forward.

The club & EFL clearly have been in discussions and both parties will know how the accounts look and what that means in terms of potential punishments. Both parties dont want to go to a tribunal so are trying to agree the final punishment.

The club will no doubt have their arguments and feel we're innocent whereas the EFL will have their own arguments and will want to punish us. If we are now in breach of p&s we will argue the accounts were signed off, we could've sold players to bring the extra money in or not spent so much on incomings plus the fact we have been under embargoes for ages but the EFL will simply say you're over by X million which equals a X amount of points deducted. This is where the agreement on punishment comes into place.

Would people really rather us let the EFL issue any punishment they want, we appeal it and this drag on for another year? Whilst remaining under embargoes etc. Who does that benefit? Also, would be no guarantee we would win after all that anyway.

I think this is a really good summary of where we are right now...

Edited by Sheff Ram

Let them give us a 5 point deduction, 10 points, 30 points, I dont care anymore.

Infact I care about as much as Mel or Rick Parry cares about us honest hard working fans that spend too much time thinking about our club.

You see this is the thing, rich people have ruined football. We have rich people arguing and fighting publicly whilst the actual football club goes to the wall and the fans suffer.

The only way Mel redeems himself for me is if he sticks his middle finger up to the EFL and fights them in the trenches. Take them all the way knowing how much money it will cost the EFL. We may end up with a 21 point deduction, but make sure Parry comes out of it with a bloody nose.

Dont let the baaaaaaastards win!!!

Edited by MackworthRamIsGod

12 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Let them give us a 5 point deduction, 10 points, 30 points, I dont care anymore.

Infact I care about as much as Mel or Rick Parry cares about us honest hard working fans that spend too much time thinking about our club.

You see this is the thing, rich people have ruined football. We have rich people arguing and fighting publicly whilst the actual football club goes to the wall and the fans suffer.

The only way Mel redeems himself for me is if he sticks his middle finger up to the EFL and fights them in the trenches. Take them all the way knowing how much money it will cost the EFL. We may end up with a 21 point deduction, but make sure Parry comes out of it with a bloody nose.

I care why should get a points duction for something we did not do if anyone should be getting one is boro and gibson.

Honestly a strangely worded article. Surely Percy would say it’s about breaching ffp in the revised accounts?? If it’s not that what is such a severe problem that warrants a 9+3 point deduction. ‘Financial irregularities’ almost sounds like we’re trying to hide or cheat the accounts. Surely we wouldn’t do that because that is serious poo. Percys article sounds true and I believe it 100% just find the way it’s been worded very ambiguous 

10 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Well,detente didn't last long.

6 hours ago, Rev said:

You've probably bought a cheap one, just to get away.

Ideally, you should be looking for a HH score over 2000, with a groundsheet to match.

@Mucker1884 is probably the go to person on here for advice, anything under 3ft of snow and he's under canvass.

No sympathy for 'em mate.
They come over here taking up all our camping pitches.  Buy their plastic tents and then moan they don't last long, or that they blew away in a breeze, as they don't know how to guy them out properly!
The sooner these nouveau campers duck off back to Benidorm, the better!  ?

Boo, Hiss, Grrr etc.

?

7 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Found guilty of what though? That’s the point. It’s increasingly like a Kafka novel. Guilty until we work out what you have exactly done to be under our suspicion so take your punishment whilst we work out what crime you’ve committed…and when we work it out, we still might not tell you. 

6 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Wigan, Bury, Bolton, Macclesfield all suffered ? the EFL  are hopeless...and thats the best I can say without getting banned from here.

9 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Well maybe if you question the info you should question the person who has released the info rather than question people who are just talking about the info thats been published by a reliable/respectable journo

…and Florist fan. Timing? ?

F80BE33F-1896-4325-AA20-A0EFBF7E88DE.jpeg

Edited by Ellafella

If we get a points deduction, I for one know the 12th Man (DCFC fans) can and will make sure we give the support the club needs to make sure we don't get relegated. In fact, the way we've been so far this season we can make sure we are still hovering around mid-table or more.

Next season can be where we start to kick on. 

Even with a 9 point deduction, a win tomorrow and were a point off Forest ?

If an individual is charged with a criminal offence then time spent in prison awaiting trial is deducted from any sentence when found guilty. 

Surely the inability to sign players and play talented U23 players should be taken into consideration when assessing points deduction and other sanctions?

Breach of financial regulations is a catch all statement that means anything. It does not mean necessarily Derby have breached spending limits.

It “should” be coming down purely to how much we’ve breached by and there won’t be much of a negotiation. If we’re guilty of a 12 point breach through overspending, that is the worst sanction you can get and means we would be way over the limits. The club can try to negotiate but won’t get much in this scenario. Lots of people have poured over the accounts that were available (including mr Maguire) and seemed to think we’re ok or just over so not a 12 point deduction, 3 points at the most. Yes this does not factor in 18/19 accounts so that is an unknown.

The fact we’re negotiating and seemingly hard (not accepting the 9 points) would suggest it isn’t a major breach and they are still trying to do us for aggravating factors which the club would have a case given 2 disciplinary panels and the LAP didn’t question our conduct and motives.

It’s now a power play as has been implied by John Percy. We want resolution so we know where we stand and Mel can sell the club. The EFL wants to appease its noisy members and this could be its only chance to get Derby to take a punishment they could avoid by pursuing it. But can Mel sell the club with this process ongoing, and additionally what does this process continuing mean for the embargo we’re in.

Its purely politics now and has been for a long time. 

25 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

0E678E4F-B1F5-4797-834D-7028101E5177.png

I have no reason to not beleive Percy and the 9 points.

Gut feeling - 6 point deduction on the way with us signing up to an agreed business plan (amount paid on wages, number of players, transfer fees etc) including the right to audit.

The January  window is going to be so important to us as injuries and fatigue will set in leaving us short of numbers and experiance.