Points deduction incoming?

Gringo

1 minute ago, David said:

Fans from other clubs are replying questioning why the EFL are even discussing/negotiating with us on the punishment.

It's a valid point, why are they?

The answer is pretty obvious at this point, they haven't got a leg to stand on and all this is a face saving exercise to please some fella up in the North East that's beyond tedious now.

Reminds me a bit of what I was told if I ever got arrested: if they start wanting to interrogate you or they start offering plea deals, it's because they don't have enough evidence and they're not confident they'll convict, so keep your mouth shut and you'll probably be fine. Feels similar here.

Why is Percy's reputation all of a sudden being dismissed?

He has been the most reliable journo for Derby news for years. He is clearly getting fed info from within the club.

Yes he released articles etc over the takeovers which didnt end up being finalised but they were still clearly based off info passed to him from the club, and since then the likes of Radio Derby and I think even Pearce have said things which pretty much back up what Percy said at the time.

I dont think for one second he would release an article which could go against his reputation just because he is a Forest fan & we play them on Sat.

4 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

From the EFL statement last week - 

Following constructive discussions between the Club and the EFL it has now been agreed to extend this deadline

That was regards the account submission deadline which shows we have been in discussions over the accounts

Yesss, and? We can't talk about other matters?

6 minutes ago, David said:

Fans from other clubs are replying questioning why the EFL are even discussing/negotiating with us on the punishment.

The answer is pretty obvious at this point, they haven't got a leg to stand on and all this is a face saving exercise to please some fella up in the North East that's beyond tedious now.

It reads to me like we have breached p&s but due to the circumstances for us breaching it, with revising the accounts, that they understand the circumstances & know we would appeal a 9-12 point penalty so we're trying to come to an agreement

3 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

It reads to me like we have breached p&s but due to the circumstances for us breaching it, with revising the accounts, that they understand the circumstances & know we would appeal a 9-12 point penalty so we're trying to come to an agreement

Why would EFL or dcfc release anything at this time that states 9 and 3 pts suspended, if it’s still not finalised.? 

who gains from this?

Edited by StrawHillRam

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yesss, and? We can't talk about other matters?

You said it is total supposition when i said the club & EFL have been in discussions about the accounts & i provided an EFL quote to show we were in discussions about the accounts?

I didnt say we havent also spoke about other things, like Chris Coles said before we were also in discussions over the embargos too.

12 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Maybe the facts that you say should be non negotiable show us breaching p&s which is a point deduction? Surely we should then be in a position to negotiate?

If the facts stand as you say then no we should not be in a position to negotiate. Why should we for breaking the rules? We can appeal but that is a different matter. 

Its not the fans who decide on the punishment, fans will just state what they think is best for the club to move forward.

I was only commenting on those willing to accept a punishment without knowing what the punishment should be. Madness. Bonkers. Insane. 

The club & EFL clearly have been in discussions and both parties will know how the accounts look and what that means in terms of potential punishments. Both parties dont want to go to a tribunal so are trying to agree the final punishment.

I do not believe this is just solely about the accounts now but we wait and see. 

The club will no doubt have their arguments and feel we're innocent whereas the EFL will have their own arguments and will want to punish us. If we are now in breach of p&s we will argue the accounts were signed off, we could've sold players to bring the extra money in or not spent so much on incomings plus the fact we have been under embargoes for ages but the EFL will simply say you're over by X million which equals a X amount of points deducted. This is where the agreement on punishment comes into place.

I don't think the club is wholly innocent but the debate should be whether a punishment is justified based on the facts. Like I said,I don't think this is just about the accounts now and the EFL are under pressure for as large a punishment as possible regardless. An appeal based on retrospective spending could be made absolutely and the EFL know this.

Would people really rather us let the EFL issue any punishment they want, we appeal it and this drag on for another year? Whilst remaining under embargoes etc. Who does that benefit? Also, would be no guarantee we would win after all that anyway.

No I don't think any of us want the EFL to issue any punishment they want. We should appeal as sternly as we can if we have a case. It doesn't benefit anyone but it sets a precedent that says clubs should not be bullied into submission by an organisation that is actually there to protect all its members including us. 

Just now, DCFC1388 said:

You said it is total supposition when i said the club & EFL have been in discussions about the accounts & i provided an EFL quote to show we were in discussions about the accounts?

I didnt say we havent also spoke about other things, like Chris Coles said before we were also in discussions over the embargos too.

You implied that the punishment was to do with the accounts - I said how come. You said cos they've talked about them. I said well they could talk about other things.

We have no idea what is or isn't being said, just clickbait from Percy who after the takeover stuff fed him has more than one axe to grind!

1 minute ago, StrawHillRam said:

Why would EFL or dcfc release anything at this time that states 9 and 3 pts suspended, if it’s still not finalised.? 

Nothing has been directly released by us or the EFL, until its finalised there wont be, but it wont stop stories coming out

9 minutes ago, David said:

You know that and I know that, so does the rest of this forum but it bugs me that halfwit from OTIB for one is making a life’s work out of making us out to be the bad guys in all this. And he will not be the only one.

I can’t believe a decent journalist from a national newspaper has not tried to get to the bottom of this and put their findings out for fans of other clubs to understand the EFL are on nothing more than the face saving exercise you mention. Their incompetence really should be laid bare for all to see. 

Just now, DCFC1388 said:

Nothing has been directly released by us or the EFL, until its finalised there wont be, but it wont stop stories coming out

Leaks ? Which could be based on a source that knows the actual current position? 

or speculation to increase page views of certain newspapers?

I’ll wait until it becomes official.

2 minutes ago, Archie said:

If the facts stand as you say then no we should not be in a position to negotiate. Why should we for breaking the rules? We can appeal but that is a different matter. 

This is why we are negotiating though, so we dont have to appeal.

We potentially broke the rules due us revising the accounts, both us & the EFL know the circumstances around that though.

Just now, StrawHillRam said:

Leaks ? Which could be based on a source that knows the actual current position? 

or speculation to increase page views of certain newspapers?

I’ll wait until it becomes official.

Id say Percy would fall under having a source close to the club rather than to increase page views

1 minute ago, DCFC1388 said:

This is why we are negotiating though, so we dont have to appeal.

We potentially broke the rules due us revising the accounts, both us & the EFL know the circumstances around that though.

If we fail P&S there are set punishments.

How will it look if we don't fail P&S? What happened to our £30m down the back of the sofa fund?

Worryingly for the club, if a 9 point deduction is given how many season tickets will be sold or how many will stay away, i think the argument will run n run if its greater than 3 points, more than that and the clubs in greater trouble from its own fan base. 

1 minute ago, DCFC1388 said:

Id say Percy would fall under having a source close to the club rather than to increase page views

Not very close if his quotes on takeover are to be considered - or it could have been Mel/Pearce! ?

Edited by RoyMac5

10 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Why is Percy's reputation all of a sudden being dismissed?

He has been the most reliable journo for Derby news for years. He is clearly getting fed info from within the club.

Yes he released articles etc over the takeovers which didnt end up being finalised but they were still clearly based off info passed to him from the club, and since then the likes of Radio Derby and I think even Pearce have said things which pretty much back up what Percy said at the time.

I dont think for one second he would release an article which could go against his reputation just because he is a Forest fan & we play them on Sat.

Seems to me that a lot of the stuff put out by Percy is a load of tosh, just trying to keep the pot simmering. Most of his "stories" are  wide of the truth, but nobody notices because by the time the actual information comes out, we have all moved on....and forgotten. 

His background summaries are often erroneous too. Let's wait for the real facts.

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You implied that the punishment was to do with the accounts - I said how come. You said cos they've talked about them. I said well they could talk about other things.

We have no idea what is or isn't being said, just clickbait from Percy who after the takeover stuff fed him has more than one axe to grind!

Percy said these discussions were due to breaches of financial regulations which has to be due to the accounts & i said the club have been in discussions with the EFL over these