Points deduction incoming?

Gringo

2 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Percy said these discussions were due to breaches of financial regulations which has to be due to the accounts & i said the club have been in discussions with the EFL over these

Percy could have said they were due to failing FFP/P&S but he didn't!

All the stuff with the EFL be it accounts or embargo revolve around the 'breach of financial regs' ie the amortisation poo, plus HMRC.

Edited by RoyMac5

The EFL really want Mel out of the football league, he is the stone in their shoe, the fly in their soup, constantly telling them how they screwed up the TV deal and reminding them that they could not organise a pishup in a brewery. My opinion is that they are leaking this crxp whilst negotiating a punishment beating for such a dissident, it is in the EFL's best interests to keep the Rams in the championship we are by a country mile one of the biggest clubs in the division and generate great interest in the league, I surmise therefore that they will not screw up an incoming change of ownership if it gets rid of Mel.

So my own personal view is that as long as I was able I would keep on fighting; and so I am reminded of the words of the greatest living Englishman of my lifetime; 

"We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender,"  

10 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

This is why we are negotiating though, so we dont have to appeal.

We potentially broke the rules due us revising the accounts, both us & the EFL know the circumstances around that though.

You do not know that we are negotiating this and you do not know that we are negotiating this to avoid an appeal. Only been reported by a florest fan.  The word potentially is right. Looks like you're defending the indefensible.

Edited by Archie

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

If we fail P&S there are set punishments.

How will it look if we don't fail P&S? What happened to our £30m down the back of the sofa fund?

If we havent breached P&S then there is no reason for the EFL to go for a punishment at all, based off Percys comments on breaching financial regulations it suggests we have breached P&S. Yes there are set punishments which is what the EFL will try and follow but will know we will appeal due to the circumstances hence the discussions to agree the punishment rather than it ongoing for another year.

I believe the extra 30m only counted upto 2018 anyway so 2019 & 2020 accounts wont have included it, thats if we were even allowed to count it.

1 minute ago, Charlotte Ram said:

The EFL really want Mel out of the football league, he is the stone in their shoe, the fly in their soup, constantly telling them how they screwed up the TV deal and reminding them that they could not organise a pishup in a brewery. My opinion is that they are leaking this crxp whilst negotiating a punishment beating for such a dissident, it is in the EFL's best interests to keep the Rams in the championship we are by a country mile one of the biggest clubs in the division and generate great interest in the league, I surmise therefore that they will not screw up an incoming change of ownership if it gets rid of Mel.

So my own personal view is that as long as I was able I would keep on fighting; and so I am reminded of the words of the greatest living Englishman of my lifetime; 

"We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender,"  

Is that last quote Danny Dyer?

Just now, DCFC1388 said:

If we havent breached P&S then there is no reason for the EFL to go for a punishment at all, based off Percys comments on breaching financial regulations it suggests we have breached P&S. Yes there are set punishments which is what the EFL will try and follow but will know we will appeal due to the circumstances hence the discussions to agree the punishment rather than it ongoing for another year.

I believe the extra 30m only counted upto 2018 anyway so 2019 & 2020 accounts wont have included it, thats if we were even allowed to count it.

How do you know what is being discussed?

1 minute ago, Archie said:

You do not know that we are negotiating this and you do not know that we are negotiating this to avoid an appeal. Only been reported by a florest fan.  The word potentially is right. Looks like your defending the indefensible.

I dont know as fact, nobody will until the club or efl confirms it (which they wont) but i believe Percy as he is very reliable and that is what he has said.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

He wasn't so reliable reporting our takeovers was he? ?

He reported what he was told, and as ive said before it was pretty much confirmed by either Pearce or Radio Derby that what he reported was true, the club did think the takeover was imminent on a number of occasions - is it his fault the takeover didnt then materialise?

If he waited til it was official he would be slagged off like Steve N at the DET for not being ahead of of the news.

1 minute ago, DCFC1388 said:

I dont know as fact, nobody will until the club or efl confirms it (which they wont) but i believe Percy as he is very reliable and that is what he has said.

His job is to keep churning out stuff whether correct or not, to regularly be in the public gaze, to generate clicks. It's his job and without it, he won't be able to feed his family. You do know that, right? It's not his love, his passion, his hobby. It's his job and this is what he MUST do to guarantee an income. Under these circumstances, if that's who you choose to believe then so be it. 

7 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

He reported what he was told, and as ive said before it was pretty much confirmed by either Pearce or Radio Derby that what he reported was true, the club did think the takeover was imminent on a number of occasions - is it his fault the takeover didnt then materialise?

If he waited til it was official he would be slagged off like Steve N at the DET for not being ahead of of the news.

Who is telling him this then? These vague 'financial irregularities' stuff? 

39 minutes ago, David said:

Fans from other clubs are replying questioning why the EFL are even discussing/negotiating with us on the punishment.

It's a valid point, why are they?

The answer is pretty obvious at this point, they haven't got a leg to stand on and all this is a face saving exercise to please some fella up in the North East that's beyond tedious now.

Isn’t it incredible that other fans are reacting to Percy as though what he’s reporting is fact. Other fans are up in arms over us negotiating with the EFL when no one knows if that’s happening. It’s been like this all the way through with other fans just believing the speculation and condemning us out of hand.

You’re right it’s tedious.

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

The piece is 'titled' "After being fined £100,000, Derby close to an agreement with EFL over punishment for breaches of financial regulations."

What breaches?

Presumably the breaches the EFl thinks should be disclosed in the recently delivered accounts. But which are not disclosed because we’ve put the accounts together in a way they don’t like