Points deduction incoming?

Gringo

14 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

You choose to believe he is making it up, I choose to believe he gets his info from the club.

He gets no benefits for making stuff up and for years he has been the most reliable journo for Derby news with a very good hit to miss ratio

Agree about Percy, a world away from Nixon. And the only reason Percy was all over the shop about the takeover was because his sources at the club were all over the shop 

1 minute ago, kevinhectoring said:

Agree about Percy, a world away from Nixon. And the only reason Percy was all over the shop about the takeover was because his sources at the club were all over the shop 

And his sources here are what?

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

And his sources here are what?

Probably Percy’s source is someone at the club but yes, could be leaks by others, even the EFL. Who knows. But I think he’s a guy who reports based on what he hears from sources he thinks are credible. Nixon spends lots of his time pretending he is IKt when he isn’t 

12 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

WHAT info? Why not say we've failed P&S?

If we're really 'locked in discussions' about the extent of our punishment then there's no need to explicitly state that we have failed P&S, it's implied. No P&S failure means no need for such discussions. 

Edited by Coconut's Beard

Just now, Coconut's Beard said:

If we're really locked into discussions about the extent of our punishment then there's no need to explicitly state that we have failed P&S, it's implied. No P&S failure means no need for such discussions.

IF. 

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

When it's important to me, yes.

Well maybe if you question the info you should question the person who has released the info rather than question people who are just talking about the info thats been published by a reliable/respectable journo

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Or Percy is extrapolating from the fact that the restated P&S have gone in and there will be announcements - he's gambling with clickbait. No-one will remember or care if he's wrong, they'll just say 'well we expected them to fail, can't believe they didn't' or some such.

Or as you intimated earlier JP is being “used” by the Club to prepare for the worst case ie as that Twitter poster who everybody laughed at its maximum damage about to be inflicted, Administration and bust.

15 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Well maybe if you question the info you should question the person who has released the info rather than question people who are just talking about the info thats been published by a reliable/respectable journo

You're not just quoting the info though are you. You're adding your own interpretations. Why would you accept the info with no facts to back them up?

4 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Or as you intimated earlier JP is being “used” by the Club to prepare for the worst case ie as that Twitter poster who everybody laughed at its maximum damage about to be inflicted, Administration and bust.

Yeah that's always possible - so why not say we've failed P&S and by how much? That would give it good veritas.

My bet is this is all about face saving negotiations for the EFL.. The voices against us have to get some change for their efforts. The voices with us will be saying accept something just to close it. 

3 points I am guessing .. not because we did anything wrong but because they have to give us something to justify their existence, 

push it too far and their own integrity and motives will be questioned by those outside DCFC. 

It stinks. Partisan, rules made up as they go along. Expressing disappointment when the can’t appeal a decision made by their own independent committee ? Thats not a governing body. 

I am appalled 

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You're not just quoting the info though are you. You're adding your own interpretations. Why would you accept the info with no facts to back them up?

I accept the info he has provided as I believe him as a journo, I dont need to know who he got the info off. I then add my own interpretation based off what he has said and what is already public knowledge such as us being in discussions already with the the EFL over our accounts (as well as other things). I didnt say my interpretation was fact, I could be way off but seems logical to me from what has been said.

You simply chose to dismiss the whole article for your own reasons which appear to be because he hasnt stated who he got the info from, he said we were being taken over but we didnt (even though the club itself said the same thing) and finally because he is a Forest fan trying to stir up poo.

1 minute ago, DCFC1388 said:

I accept the info he has provided as I believe him as a journo, I dont need to know who he got the info off. I then add my own interpretation based off what he has said and what is already public knowledge such as us being in discussions already with the the EFL over our accounts (as well as other things). I didnt say my interpretation was fact, I could be way off but seems logical to me from what has been said.

You simply chose to dismiss the whole article for your own reasons which appear to be because he hasnt stated who he got the info from, he said we were being taken over but we didnt (even though the club itself said the same thing) and finally because he is a Forest fan trying to stir up poo.

So it comes down to you believe his story and I don't.

If we havent breached P&S for any of the 3 year cycles from 2015 to 2020 then Derby wont accept any point deduction, why would they?!

If we do accept a point deduction it will surely be because we have breached P&S somewhere along the lines but only because we have had to change the accounts. So we would then appeal a point deduction if the EFL chose the max punishment they can issue, the EFL probably know that we would appeal it so it makes sense to try & agree the punishment to get it over & done with asap

Edited by DCFC1388

11 minutes ago, jono said:

My bet is this is all about face saving negotiations for the EFL.. The voices against us have to get some change for their efforts. The voices with us will be saying accept something just to close it. 

3 points I am guessing .. not because we did anything wrong but because they have to give us something to justify their existence, 

push it too far and their own integrity and motives will be questioned by those outside DCFC. 

It stinks. Partisan, rules made up as they go along. Expressing disappointment when the can’t appeal a decision made by their own independent committee ? Thats not a governing body. 

I am appalled 

Spot on. The EFL has zero integrity. They’re bullying us. The messages I got were that the Club will not be bullied and will stand firm. And so they should.

30 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

If we're really 'locked in discussions' about the extent of our punishment then there's no need to explicitly state that we have failed P&S, it's implied. No P&S failure means no need for such discussions. 

Of course there's a pretty bad extrapolation possible here. Maybe the points deduction is for failing to comply with the instructions to present restated accounts. There could be another points deduction on the horizon when we do present the accounts and possibly fail P&S.