Points deduction incoming?

Gringo

10 minutes ago, Archie said:

His job is to keep churning out stuff whether correct or not, to regularly be in the public gaze, to generate clicks. It's his job and without it, he won't be able to feed his family. You do know that, right? It's not his love, his passion, his hobby. It's his job and this is what he MUST do to guarantee an income. Under these circumstances, if that's who you choose to believe then so be it. 

Yes i understand what journalists are there to do, but maybe you dont follow him on Twitter as if you did you would understand the difference between someone like Percy who doesnt tweet all that often compared to someone like Nixon who is always tweeting for the new world of clickbait, our local journo's are no better.

23 minutes ago, Charlotte Ram said:

The EFL really want Mel out of the football league, he is the stone in their shoe, the fly in their soup, constantly telling them how they screwed up the TV deal and reminding them that they could not organise a pishup in a brewery. My opinion is that they are leaking this crxp whilst negotiating a punishment beating for such a dissident, it is in the EFL's best interests to keep the Rams in the championship we are by a country mile one of the biggest clubs in the division and generate great interest in the league, I surmise therefore that they will not screw up an incoming change of ownership if it gets rid of Mel.

So my own personal view is that as long as I was able I would keep on fighting; and so I am reminded of the words of the greatest living Englishman of my lifetime; 

"We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender,"  

You forgot the tickle in their throat and the thorn in their side.

Isn't it the fly in their ointment? They might not eat soup at the EFL. Who knows. 

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Or he's making it up.

Points deduction may happen... no detailed information. Our restated P&S are in, may as well take a guess.

You choose to believe he is making it up, I choose to believe he gets his info from the club.

He gets no benefits for making stuff up and for years he has been the most reliable journo for Derby news with a very good hit to miss ratio

2 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Yes i understand what journalists are there to do, but maybe you dont follow him on Twitter as if you did you would understand the difference between someone like Percy who doesnt tweet all that often compared to someone like Nixon who is always tweeting for the new world of clickbait, our local journo's are no better.

Except for when he was made to look silly by Mel when he tweeted stuff about the takeovers - not at all a bitter F*rest fan. ?

3 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Hi Percy ?

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Or he's making it up.

Points deduction may happen... no detailed information. Our restated P&S are in, may as well take a guess.

What are we all going to do when this embargo ends. I will be nearly qualified as some sort of very low level accountant after reading these posts. Will all this training just go to waste.

3 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

So because he reported on a takeover which didnt happen you now think he is going to have a childish agenda aginst us? ?

As opposed to reporting on what facts? You say he is reliable I say what is he basing his story on!?

Percy has got his info from somewhere, and he doesn't usually tweet just for the sake of the clicks.

That's why i fully believe the 9+3 suspended is what the EFL's start point was.

What we negotiate that down to we'll see, but given that *I'd guess* our starting point was "We have accounts showing we complied, now you tell us where they are not compliant with FRS102" which would've led to a whole new round of "charged with non-compliant accounting, we fight it, etc etc" which neither party wants.

Perhaps we've agreed to "uncontroversial" accounting, which does show a minor breach, on the understanding we'll get a minor punishment. Having now put in the accounts, the *cough* gibson *cough* faction want everything thrown at us.....

Journalists are told news by sources either at the club or close to the club.

There are multiple possible reasons as to why.

Journalists are used by agents to get better deals for their clients.

Clubs use journalists to gauge fan reaction. They also do it to drive the price of their own players up, and those of potential targets down.

Journalists don’t just make up news. They don’t have bosses who say ‘Go on Percy mate, make up a random transfer rumour on Derby as that’s what will drive reading figures up’. If it was Liverpool that might fly, but not Derby... We’re not that popular.

Clubs, agents and players use journalists. And the journalists are judged by how accurate their information is by most readers. Percy isn’t going to potentially tarnish his reputation on a story he fabricated out of thin air on Derby... Again, we’re not that popular.

But of course, take what journalists say with a pinch of salt. Remember, there are other motives for such stories getting out. 

1 minute ago, Rev said:

Even if this was the case, and I'm not convinced by the argument, doesn't it reflect more poorly on Mel than Percy?

In the original reporting yes. 

There are no facts in what Percy wrote that we didn't already know. Even the talk of points deductions we've already gone through.

If we've failed P&S why didn't he say so?

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

As opposed to reporting on what facts? You say he is reliable I say what is he basing his story on!?

He is basing it on info he will have had passed to him, like all the other times he reports on us, and more often than not he is spot on and well ahead of anyone else

Just now, Bris Vegas said:

Journalists don’t just make up news. They don’t have bosses who say ‘Go on Percy mate, make up a random transfer rumour on Derby as that’s what will drive reading figures up’. 

We are already in the news, this is just adding to it. We all know there is a resolution coming.