Points deduction incoming?

Gringo

8 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Of course there's a pretty bad extrapolation possible here. Maybe the points deduction is for failing to comply with the instructions to present restated accounts. There could be another points deduction on the horizon when we do present the accounts and possibly fail P&S.

So we may get more points than we got in the Prem. So that is good, right. lol.

56 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Journalists are told news by sources either at the club or close to the club.

There are multiple possible reasons as to why.

Journalists are used by agents to get better deals for their clients.

Clubs use journalists to gauge fan reaction. They also do it to drive the price of their own players up, and those of potential targets down.

Journalists don’t just make up news. They don’t have bosses who say ‘Go on Percy mate, make up a random transfer rumour on Derby as that’s what will drive reading figures up’. If it was Liverpool that might fly, but not Derby... We’re not that popular.

Clubs, agents and players use journalists. And the journalists are judged by how accurate their information is by most readers. Percy isn’t going to potentially tarnish his reputation on a story he fabricated out of thin air on Derby... Again, we’re not that popular.

But of course, take what journalists say with a pinch of salt. Remember, there are other motives for such stories getting out. 

Because we aren’t popular the han fans of the other championship teams will be all over it plus a few like Sheff Weds and Wycombe etc

7 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

The whole problem with this statement is simply this.... WHAT ARE WE BEING PUNISHED FOR? What are 9 points plus 3 suspended points based on? 

Breaching financial regulations according to Percys article. What they are exactly nobody knows, but you would think they relate to the accounts and/or the P&S cycles considering the Accounts deadline this week

4 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Breaching financial regulations according to Percys article. What they are exactly nobody knows, but you would think they relate to the accounts and/or the P&S cycles considering the Accounts deadline this week

Alleged breach it said in the tweet/article. Just likes they alleged we valued the stadium wrongly ?

2 hours ago, Carnero said:

I think someone called it right earlier, if we have breached then there will be a set-in-stone points penalty based on the level of the breach, say 3 points. They then have the power to impose up to a further 9 points based on our conduct, mitigating circumstances, etc - this would be the part that we're negotiating over, we want 3+0 they and all of our championship rivals want 3+9.

My hunch remains that it'll be a -3 point penalty and that Mel has fed the -9 point line to Percy to ease the blow when we do eventually agree the penalty.

Hope you’re right

3 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Well,detente didn't last long.

You've probably bought a cheap one, just to get away.

Ideally, you should be looking for a HH score over 2000, with a groundsheet to match.

@Mucker1884 is probably the go to person on here for advice, anything under 3ft of snow and he's under canvass.

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

You forgot the tickle in their throat and the thorn in their side.

Isn't it the fly in their ointment? They might not eat soup at the EFL. Who knows. 

Waiter waiter there’s a fly in my ointment, keep that quiet sir or they will all what one, nope that does not work.

52 minutes ago, jono said:

My bet is this is all about face saving negotiations for the EFL.. The voices against us have to get some change for their efforts. The voices with us will be saying accept something just to close it. 

3 points I am guessing .. not because we did anything wrong but because they have to give us something to justify their existence, 

push it too far and their own integrity and motives will be questioned by those outside DCFC. 

It stinks. Partisan, rules made up as they go along. Expressing disappointment when the can’t appeal a decision made by their own independent committee ? Thats not a governing body. 

I am appalled 

I wish I could say I would never watch another Derby County game whilst under the governance of the EFL. However, I may never see another live football game in my life time if that’s the case. 

Percy' s motive is clickbait, thats how journalism is funded unfortunately, perhaps he's a bit behind his KPI target this week.

The EFL are completely and utterly fecking useless. If they have summat on us then punish us and state the exact crime we have committed. if they can't do that then they should feck off and tell Gibson to feck off then once they've fecked off they should feck off some more.

5 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I wish I could say I would never watch another Derby County game whilst under the governance of the EFL. However, I may never see another live football game in my life time if that’s the case. 

What a time to be alive, concerned about dying under embargo ?

4 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

I don't get to what it relates?

This quote mentions agreeing a punishment but for what and why?! No mention of what the P&S might be. 

"Under pressure from rival Championship clubs, the EFL is pushing for Derby to be punished and it is understood that a deduction of 12 points – nine points plus a suspended three points – and an imposed business plan has been discussed, but is yet to be agreed."

"The question now is whether Mel Morris, the Derby owner, reluctantly accepts the EFL’s proposed punishment or, as expected, challenges it. Derby have always maintained they did not seek any competitive advantage with their amortisation policy."

It's talking about the amortisation - they cannot do us for that again surely. They could only do us for the restated P&S being over limits?

The business plan doesn't make sense either. Birmingham were given one to get them back in line with P&S. 

I see no way in which a business plan is needed given the current wage bill

1 minute ago, Charlotte Ram said:

? Down with the Forest we are going down with the Forest?
all joking aside if we win on Saturday we will be 8 points clear of Forest. They have more to worry about than the Rams

We have a threadbare squad, an owner who can’t even be arsed to put transport on for supporters any more and wants to leave and an impending point deduction seemingly. 

Forest know even if the worst comes to the worst they will have a club to support next season. We can’t even say for sure after Mel’s threat to walk away and saying he can’t continue to fund the club. 

We are in a rancid state. 

7 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The business plan doesn't make sense either. Birmingham were given one to get them back in line with P&S. 

I see no way in which a business plan is needed given the current wage bill

Birmingham then drove a coach and horses through the business plan they were given as the EFL tried to make them sell Che Adams for peanuts, 

8 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

We have a threadbare squad, an owner who can’t even be arsed to put transport on for supporters any more and wants to leave and an impending point deduction seemingly. 

Forest know even if the worst comes to the worst they will have a club to support next season. We can’t even say for sure after Mel’s threat to walk away and saying he can’t continue to fund the club. 

We are in a rancid state. 

I did not know that putting on free ttransport for an owner was in the job description, the club will still be here even when you are gone,