Views From the Outside 21/22

DarkFruitsRam7

39 minutes ago, Crewton said:

My latest favourite is definitely the one that Durham has been pushing, about us playing players we "can't afford", as if we aren't actually having to adhere to a Business Plan in Administration agreed with the EFL by Quantuma for which breaches carry further penalties. This classic piece of spin ignores the fact that most of the teams in the division (especially Reading and Forest) are playing players whose full wages would put them well over FFP limits - those are players that, literally, they cannot afford.

He just a bitter, inconsequential and very boring man. His name and discussing him should be banned on here. It just somehow gives some credibility to the guff he's spouting. This is the last time I will mention his name or his ramblings. 

Just now, duncanjwitham said:

Reading fans seem convinced that we're going to get further points deductions for fielding ineligible players (i.e. Bielik, because we haven't paid for him).  It seems to be common (and wrong) knowledge that we are behind on payments for players.  ?‍♂️

They're too stupid to realise that, whilst we hold those players' registrations and those players are registered as 'ours' with the EFL, they're 'eligible'. If we were actually behind on any payments, that would be flagged up under our embargo list on the EFL website which, currently, they aren't.

2 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

He just a bitter, inconsequential and very boring man. His name and discussing him should be banned on here. It just somehow gives some credibility to the guff he's spouting. This is the last time I will mention his name or his ramblings. 

That 'guff' though feeds into the prejudices of allot of the more gullible of fans. It needs to be countered and discredited, not ignored.

23 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Reading fans seem convinced that we're going to get further points deductions for fielding ineligible players (i.e. Bielik, because we haven't paid for him).  It seems to be common (and wrong) knowledge that we are behind on payments for players.  ?‍♂️

I don't think there's better example of a clutching at straws.

I'd panic in their shoes as well. It's much more fun to be the hunter than a prey....

Edited by Dimmu

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

They're too stupid to realise that, whilst we hold those players' registrations and those players are registered as 'ours' with the EFL, they're 'eligible'. If we were actually behind on any payments, that would be flagged up under our embargo list on the EFL website which, currently, they aren't.

At the time of admin it was reported that Arsenal had agreed to defer this years payment for a year. Sure, we're a payment behind but it's agreed with the creditor - so technically we aren't behind the current payment structure. Similar to a holiday I booked last year, my purchase contract states I agreed to pay the initial deposit then the rest in one go. A few weeks after booking, Tui offered me a interest free plan to spread the cost over 12 months. They'll get their money eventually, I'm not viewing this as in crippling unpaid debt to them.

2 hours ago, duncanjwitham said:

You have to remember we cheated , they only overspent ?

I am currently overseas in the USA having already missed the Peterborough match and will miss the Millwall match as well as the Cardiff game and yesterday I was walking along wearing my Derby county shirt with great pride and this American chap with his wife stoped me saying how wonderful Derby county were doing and he had been following along with all the events whilst he obviously knew all about Wayne Rooney he was incredibly impressed with the way the side and the fans were performing. We talked for about all things Derby county for about 20 minutes which was lovely. He had heard of Sherwood forest but not Nottingham Forest. 
The world is watching our story unfold and what a season to be a fan.

Edited by Sparkle

Just now, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

George Thorne was up there with my favourite ever Derby players, but I've honestly gone off him a bit after his (admittedly entertaining) Talk Derby to Me podcast appearances. I just thought he came across as a proper nob.

Bugger I'd forgotten that.