Derby County vs Notts Forest

Tombo

A few stats, we are on our joint longest sequence without a victory against Forest in the league (7), (8) including the loss away in the EFL Cup.  We have shared three draws in a row, but are yet to have 4 (11v11). The last eight H2Hs have seen Under (2.5 goals) so surely an Over is due. 

Today's referee, Robinson, is yet to preside over a draw when officiating at Pride Park (3W 4L). Forest have not scored more than a goal in an away game when he has officiated (2W 4D 5L) though they have managed clean-sheets in the last three, winning two.

Hughton yet to win as a manager at Derby. Still, I wouldn't be complacent, Covid has disrupted things. Mowbray had never won at a side managed by Hughton until a week or two ago.

I think the fact today is the first Derby game with fans in attendance should play in our favour. I'm hoping history prevails and we end the sequence.

Edited by Asanovic70

28 minutes ago, Asanovic70 said:

A few stats, we are on our joint longest sequence without a victory against Forest in the league (7), (8) including the loss away in the EFL Cup.  We have shared three draws in a row, but are yet to have 4 (11v11). The last eight H2Hs have seen Under (2.5 goals) so surely an Over is due. 

Today's referee, Robinson, is yet to preside over a draw when officiating at Pride Park (3W 4L). Forest have not scored more than a goal in an away game when he has officiated (2W 4D 5L) though they have managed clean-sheets in the last three, winning two.

Hughton yet to win as a manager at Derby. Still, I wouldn't be complacent, Covid has disrupted things. Mowbray had never won at a side managed by Hughton until a week or two ago.

I think the fact today is the first Derby game with fans in attendance should play in our favour. I'm hoping history prevails and we end the sequence.

Definitely a 0-0 draw then. 

1 minute ago, TigerTedd said:

Definitely a 0-0 draw then. 

Possibly, stats are there to be bucked. We hadn't shared a 0-0 or a draw with Boro on a Saturday going back to the 70s at least. It was the ninth different result in H2Hs against Warnock's sides (we won LTO). I didn't think we'd win, we are yet to beat Boro 3x in a row at home at 2nd tier level. Two out of three occurred.

2 minutes ago, sage said:

Has to be. Hoping for a 1 nil. 

They will see that as a real incentive to press us into long balls. 

Funnily enough I was thinking similar about pressing them... I'm hoping TL along with LS and KJ will press them into long balls, which our defence shouldn't have too many issues with 

We won't win many of our long balls forward so we'll need to be scrapping for the 2nd balls