Embargo.

simmoram1995

7 hours ago, Retro_RAM said:

Am I right in thinking that all this transfer embargo rubbish is in place to just frustrate clubs, to stop them appealing and taking it to the courts with the EFL knowing/hoping the length of time appeals take and with an embargo in place most clubs will just bend over and accept the punishment?

7 hours ago, Spanish said:

no

Yes. 

7 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Thinking about it logically. The EFL must be pretty keen to get this sorted . If they don't and we get another 4 or 5 games down the line and are at sat on 8 -11 points the club will think 9 points and we're down anyway. At that point we tell them to shove it there rear and take it further as 9 or 21 points makes no difference and it could be 3- 6 reduced based on previous cases.  This goes on another 10 days and I can see there arse going.  There probably desperate for us to win the next one for the first time in years.

I don't think they're in the slightest bit interested in getting this resolved quickly, they aren't stupid and know that the longer we drag on under an embargo then the more damaging it is for us and frustrates the possibility of Morris finding a buyer for the club to boot.

The EFL can afford to play the long game now without any real detriment to themselves. And we've allowed them to do this to us which is the most disappointing part of the whole episode. 

9 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

I don't think they're in the slightest bit interested in getting this resolved quickly, they aren't stupid and know that the longer we drag on under an embargo then the more damaging it is for us and frustrates the possibility of Morris finding a buyer for the club to boot.

The EFL can afford to play the long game now without any real detriment to themselves. And we've allowed them to do this to us which is the most disappointing part of the whole episode. 

If that's the case, it makes little sense in them negotiating with us at all. 

My feeling is that they want to agree a penalty with us (i) because the outcome of the formal route is uncertain (ii) they thought MM would be keen in order to clear the decks for a sale and (iii) they have other clubs to charge, like Reading, and the Derby case is taking up too much time and resources to allow them to do that. 

The statement about "no timescale" could easily be posturing to give the impression that they ain't fussed. 

The regulation 85 route is preferred by the EFL on cost grounds I would think, as you don't have to assemble a panel and present your evidence etc

The no timescale comment is simply a statement of fact. 

It does seem a very asymmetric rule which gives lots of rights to the EFL with no obligations. 

If anything good comes out of all this it may be a rebalancing of that rule and process. 

Considering everybody in the press is agreed that it’s going to be a 9 point deduction with another 3 suspended (for what crime nobody can say) I continue to wonder what the supposed ‘negotiations’ are looking like.

EFL: 9 points?

DCFC: No

and so and so forth…

How long can that realistically go on for? 

5 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Considering everybody in the press is agreed that it’s going to be a 9 point deduction with another 3 suspended (for what crime nobody can say) I continue to wonder what the supposed ‘negotiations’ are looking like.

and so and so forth…

Maybe the press are wrong. Maybe, rather than “the press is agreed…..” they are all just getting their speculation from one single source rather than from their own individual sources. 

I live in hope.

50 minutes ago, Crewton said:

If that's the case, it makes little sense in them negotiating with us at all. 

My feeling is that they want to agree a penalty with us (i) because the outcome of the formal route is uncertain (ii) they thought MM would be keen in order to clear the decks for a sale and (iii) they have other clubs to charge, like Reading, and the Derby case is taking up too much time and resources to allow them to do that. 

The statement about "no timescale" could easily be posturing to give the impression that they ain't fussed. 

Or it is designed to stop press speculation 

13 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Maybe the press are wrong. Maybe, rather than “the press is agreed…..” they are all just getting their speculation from one single source rather than from their own individual sources. 

I live in hope.

Maybe we are a pawn in their game,one prints/posts something to see how long it takes before someone else picks up on it, adds a little extra nonsense and claims it's an exclusive and so on etc.etc.

35 minutes ago, LazloW said:

and so and so forth…

For as long as Derby want, it's in our court I would guess.

The EFL offer us a points deduction, if we accept we also accept guilt and the EFL celebrate a horrible dirty victory. Mels pride is dented.

If we refuse we stay in embargo, any takeover talk diminishes, we are most likely relegated at the end of the season, half our squad leave and we cannot replace. Then we eventually get hit with a points deduction anyway which then sets us on course for league 2.

I don't envy Mel will that choice.

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

For as long as Derby want, it's in our court I would guess.

The EFL offer us a points deduction, if we accept we also accept guilt and the EFL celebrate a horrible dirty victory. Mels pride is dented.

If we refuse we stay in embargo, any takeover talk diminishes, we are most likely relegated at the end of the season, half our squad leave and we cannot replace. Then we eventually get hit with a points deduction anyway which then sets us on course for league 2.

I don't envy Mel will that choice.

I think that is the crux of the issue, DCFC accepting wrongdoing (which they so far have not ever done in these issues) would be seen as vindication of the EFL/Gibson/everybody who labels us cheats.

Might even be DCFC are insisting on wording to the effect of "done nothing wrong but..."