Embargo.

simmoram1995

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Aug '19: Wayne Rooney joins club
Joins? Or agrees to join in January (at the end of his DC United contract)? Joins up with the squad earlier than planned, in November.

Jul '20: Derby capitulate and miss play-offs
8 points off 6th before lockdown, 9 points off at the end of the season.

May '21: Remain in division after Sheff Weds deducted points
This is noteworthy? They were deducted points before the season began

Jul '21: Unable to field team with only nine players available
Well, we certainly had more than that available. Senior players perhaps?

Sep '21: Deducted nine points
When did this happen? ?

I read a few of his quotes, Just another bandwagon jumper with little idea of whats going off

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Opinion, no quotes from Derby manager or anyone else for that matter.

"But if the punishment comes quickly, I've been told Rooney and his squad feel they would have time to react, and potentially recover. The longer the negotiations drag on with the EFL, the later in the season the sanction hits, the harder it will be for Rooney and his players."

It makes no difference - play the games and get what points we can 

12 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

They must be getting fed up now,regurgitating the same stuff but trying to put a different spin on it. We should run a sweepstake to see whose turn it is tomorrow.

IMO they're pushing the EFL to hit us hard, Most if not all Chairman are aware, This 9 point deduction is the focal point, Anything less and the other 71 clubs will be up in arms, Keep it in the headlines then once a statement has been released by the EFL/DCFC then the media can release their prepared story.

Edited by Unlucky Alf

Often I get better/quicker news from this forum than some of the main media outlets- so I check in on this thread quite regularly, in the hope (but not expectation) that something of note has actually happened, or has been confirmed, around the embargo.

All that’s happened is we’ve racked up 100 pages of (mostly) opinion, guesswork, rumour and hearsay. As frustrating as that is, I don’t have an issue with it- people are entitled to write what they want, and can disagree with each other, and I know all are doing so because they care about the club.

But given how long this has gone on- do you think we’ll ever know the truth? I understand the need for confidentiality right now, but what do we think the chances are of ever getting the actual, truthful details of the conversations behind closed doors??

In my imagination, I’m hoping for a “spill the beans” interview from Mel Morris, in X months/years after he’s sold the club. Or maybe some kind of leak from the EFL when it’s done and dusted. Again, that’s more hope than expectation!

6 minutes ago, Sussex Ram said:

But given how long this has gone on- do you think we’ll ever know the truth? I understand the need for confidentiality right now, but what do we think the chances are of ever getting the actual, truthful details of the conversations behind closed doors??

In my imagination, I’m hoping for a “spill the beans” interview from Mel Morris, in X months/years after he’s sold the club. Or maybe some kind of leak from the EFL when it’s done and dusted. Again, that’s more hope than expectation!

Prince Philips Will...will not be published for 90 years, I expect a hugely redacted file on the findings/truth to be released around the same time?

1 hour ago, 24Charlie said:

My opinion is that DCFC were open to 9 points but furious that the EFL let it slip.

I think the leak is probably from the likes of Gibson or PNE. The EFL full timers would know better. The problem is, if 9 points is circulated widely in the media, it becomes very hard for EFl to accept a lower number, because it looks as if they have backed down   Must say I thought it would be less, but maybe it will be 9. Still think we’ll stay up 

1 hour ago, Jubbs said:

"Jul '20: Derby capitulate and miss play-offs" 

That is some poor reporting. We were 12th before lockdown and we still had to play, Brentford, Leeds, Cardiff and West Brom.

He also listed in the timeline 9 points deduction in September as a fact and we will be on -2 points in the league table which means either we get points deducted in the next 24 hours or he knows we are going to lose tomorrow 

2 minutes ago, Rambam said:

The whole situation is pathetic. So I presume we were better off when Stephen Pearce was on the board, but now with Forest and Boro board members there, we’re screwed. 

D088D16F-CC26-4710-A4B9-78369CD6AB50.jpeg

In theory, it should make no difference. However, as the EFL is riddled with partizan politics I would certainly say we probably have fewer sympathetic ears.

If it were an organisation that fuctioned with integrity and professionalism, i would be relativly unconcerned. As it is, i don't think it will make that much difference to the overall outcome in our dealings but might just make everything slightly more difficult than it needs to be.

I like the idea now of settling debts (business plan) to soften the umbongo and kicking the can on the penalty to get another independent review of the real violation and penalty. Ie let EFL charge/penalise then appeal and operate as budget but semi normal club for as long as it takes.

It does need MM to be a proper owner for a bit longer to do the first bit which I a don’t think he wants to do..

3 hours ago, jono said:

Bit like being a witch in the days of real pitchforks ….. sink and your innocent … swim and you’re guilty

Random information about the state's trial of people in my youth - in trussing people up before they were thrown into water to see if they would sink or swim (and it was used for more than just suspected witches) air pockets were created which meant that more people than you would think actually floated and were therefore found guilty; another (similar) test was to get the person to plunge their hands into boiling water to pick out a stone.  If, three days later (not 48 hours cos the EFL hadn't been invented then), the wounds had healed then they were guilty, if not then they were innocent.

Parry's probably got the pot on the fire as we speak.....................

Lots of people here seem to think having forest on the board makes them more likely to dislike Derby. I disagree, I don't think there's anything between Derby and forest owners, if anything keeping the other in the division means a game where they can sell more tickets at higher prices... It's in forest and derbys interest for the other to be in the league, but not for a team like boro. 

17 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

Lots of people here seem to think having forest on the board makes them more likely to dislike Derby. I disagree, I don't think there's anything between Derby and forest owners, if anything keeping the other in the division means a game where they can sell more tickets at higher prices... It's in forest and derbys interest for the other to be in the league, but not for a team like boro. 

Exactly and as Forest are going down they’d like us to join them.

58 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I’m not an expert but I’m not sure they negotiate. I think it’s more a case of creative accounting and we’ve already proved we’re not very good at that.

Weren't there a big scandal some 8 or 10 years ago where Vodaphone and others had negotiated down their vast tax debts. I seem to remember Private Eye covering it back then.

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

"But if the punishment comes quickly, I've been told Rooney and his squad feel they would have time to react, and potentially recover. The longer the negotiations drag on with the EFL, the later in the season the sanction hits, the harder it will be for Rooney and his players."

What a stupid thing to say, that is. There's no good time to have a deduction.