Embargo.

simmoram1995

1 hour ago, LazloW said:

Considering everybody in the press is agreed that it’s going to be a 9 point deduction with another 3 suspended (for what crime nobody can say) I continue to wonder what the supposed ‘negotiations’ are looking like.

EFL: 9 points?

DCFC: No

EFL: 9 points?

DCFC: No

and so and so forth…

How long can that realistically go on for? 

We’ll find out what t he crime is in due course - with both the EFL and DCFC being tight lipped over the process it’s just guess work. I think most of us can agree we’re not a well ran club at this moment in time. 

21 minutes ago, ScubaRam said:

We’ll find out what t he crime is in due course - with both the EFL and DCFC being tight lipped over the process it’s just guess work. I think most of us can agree we’re not a well ran club at this moment in time. 

Tbf Scubaram, we ain't been well run for some time. 

Just get the punishment over asap and let's start the rebuild but this time 'well run'!

21 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

For as long as Derby want, it's in our court I would guess.

The EFL offer us a points deduction, if we accept we also accept guilt and the EFL celebrate a horrible dirty victory. Mels pride is dented.

If we refuse we stay in embargo, any takeover talk diminishes, we are most likely relegated at the end of the season, half our squad leave and we cannot replace. Then we eventually get hit with a points deduction anyway which then sets us on course for league 2.

I don't envy Mel will that choice.

Bit like being a witch in the days of real pitchforks ….. sink and your innocent … swim and you’re guilty

11 minutes ago, jono said:

Bit like being a witch in the days of real pitchforks ….. sink and your innocent … swim and you’re guilty

Honestly not that surprised the EFL haven't suggested it as a way of resolving this.

"Mr Morris, you can choose trial by water or trial by fire"

EFL statement "we are in discussion with DCFC regarding a resolution, and are currently awaiting a response from the club"

3 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

It does seem a very asymmetric rule which gives lots of rights to the EFL with no obligations. 

But all the rule says is: the EFL can offer a sanction, a club can accept it, and it needs to be rubber stamped by a panel. It’s just a framework. We can see from what’s going on with us that it’s quite open to a club to negotiate the EFL’s offer, and to make a counter offer. Seems a pretty sensible rule. 

30 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

But all the rule says is: the EFL can offer a sanction, a club can accept it, and it needs to be rubber stamped by a panel. It’s just a framework. We can see from what’s going on with us that it’s quite open to a club to negotiate the EFL’s offer, and to make a counter offer. Seems a pretty sensible rule. 

Strikes me a little odd that if we're guilty we have the chance to negotiate on the punishment. Can you imagine asking a defendant in any other scenario if they're prepared to accept the proposed punishment? I've heard of plea bargains but they're normally agreed before the case and definitely before you're found guilty. 

6 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Strikes me a little odd that if we're guilty we have the chance to negotiate on the punishment. Can you imagine asking a defendant in any other scenario if they're prepared to accept the proposed punishment? I've heard of plea bargains but they're normally agreed before the case and definitely before you're found guilty. 

Sounds a bit like the big corporations negotiating how much tax they are prepared to pay…..

We’ve obviously broken something. This is now clear as the EFL, not journalists, have spoken about rule 85 which, as had been said, covers negotiation of punishment.

I think the EFL had to make the statement as the speculation on that day amongst papers and television was that we’re getting a 9 point deduction. Outlets like the BBC don’t state these kind of things with being sure of their ground so the assumption is that the EFL had briefed the media. The notion that DCFC briefed the journalists is not realistic as we have nothing to gain from mooting a 9 point deduction.

My opinion is that DCFC were open to 9 points but furious that the EFL let it slip. I think we told the EFL that those negotiations were now blown and to publish a statement to say nothing had been agreed to end speculation  but the EFL dropped the 85 statement in there to prove that we are in for some sort of punishment.

Edited by 24Charlie

5 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

A report/opinion from Rob Dorset from Sky Sports concerning our state of play/points deduction with the EFL

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11688/12409428/Derby-reporter-notebook-wayne-rooney-wants-efl-points-deduction-closure-for-championship-recovery

Opinion, no quotes from Derby manager or anyone else for that matter.

"But if the punishment comes quickly, I've been told Rooney and his squad feel they would have time to react, and potentially recover. The longer the negotiations drag on with the EFL, the later in the season the sanction hits, the harder it will be for Rooney and his players."

3 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

We’ve obviously broken something. This is now clear as the EFL, not journalists, have spoken about rule 85 which, as had been said, covers negotiation of punishment.

No. That is what is still to be dealt with, they say we have we say we haven't.

16 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

A report/opinion from Rob Dorset from Sky Sports concerning our state of play/points deduction with the EFL

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11688/12409428/Derby-reporter-notebook-wayne-rooney-wants-efl-points-deduction-closure-for-championship-recovery

"Jul '20: Derby capitulate and miss play-offs" 

That is some poor reporting. We were 12th before lockdown and we still had to play, Brentford, Leeds, Cardiff and West Brom.

12 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Opinion, no quotes from Derby manager or anyone else for that matter.

"But if the punishment comes quickly, I've been told Rooney and his squad feel they would have time to react, and potentially recover. The longer the negotiations drag on with the EFL, the later in the season the sanction hits, the harder it will be for Rooney and his players."

"A report/opinion from Rob Dorset from Sky Sports concerning our state of play/points deduction with the EFL"

My you're very good, You've managed to read what i'd posted and deduced that there isn't any quotes from WR or anyone else for that matter.

When I clearly stated that it was a report/opinion of Rob Dorsett

5 hours ago, Crewton said:

If that's the case, it makes little sense in them negotiating with us at all. 

My feeling is that they want to agree a penalty with us (i) because the outcome of the formal route is uncertain (ii) they thought MM would be keen in order to clear the decks for a sale and (iii) they have other clubs to charge, like Reading, and the Derby case is taking up too much time and resources to allow them to do that. 

The statement about "no timescale" could easily be posturing to give the impression that they ain't fussed. 

Yer I've fallen into trap of idle, baseless speculation like a lot of the content on this thread which is due to the absence of any updates, concrete information or progress from either set of protagonists.

5 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

"A report/opinion from Rob Dorset from Sky Sports concerning our state of play/points deduction with the EFL"

My you're very good, You've managed to read what i'd posted and deduced that there isn't any quotes from WR or anyone else for that matter.

I think he was just agreeing with you - Dorset's opinion only.  

25 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

Rule 85 is covers everything a Disciplinary Commission covers, from determination of guilt to punishment.  It's just a way of short-cutting the DC process to save both parties time and money. Just because we're discussing it with the EFL doesn't mean we've admitted guilt or even accepted the charges.

6 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Rule 85 is covers everything a Disciplinary Commission covers, from determination of guilt to punishment.  It's just a way of short-cutting the DC process to save both parties time and money. Just because we're discussing it with the EFL doesn't mean we've admitted guilt or even accepted the charges.

and if either party cannot accept an agreement, it can go to the DC for the resolution.

18 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

No flies on Roy

50 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Aug '19: Wayne Rooney joins club
Joins? Or agrees to join in January (at the end of his DC United contract)? Joins up with the squad earlier than planned, in November.

Jul '20: Derby capitulate and miss play-offs
8 points off 6th before lockdown, 9 points off at the end of the season.

May '21: Remain in division after Sheff Weds deducted points
This is noteworthy? They were deducted points before the season began

Jul '21: Unable to field team with only nine players available
Well, we certainly had more than that available. Senior players perhaps?

Sep '21: Deducted nine points
When did this happen? ?

Edited by Ghost of Clough