Relegation rivals watch

Bris Vegas

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

They have signed some geezer from Boro to replace him…

Looking to help all our relegation rivals tonight aren't they. Even going to the effort of recalling players from other loans.  

Peterborough United manager Darren Ferguson believes he has upped his side’s ‘aggression’ levels again with today’s (January 310 signing of left-back Hayden Coulson on loan from Middlesbrough until the end of the season.

Glad he cancelled Roberts loan last year though not knowing he was coming straight here .  Cheers pube head. Should sue yourself for keeping us up.

Roundup of Deadline day transfers for the other "teams at the bottom"-

Barnsley - signed a 24 year old Moroccan midfielder (Amine Bassi) on loan to the end of the season- made 6 appearances for Metz so far this season, and represented Morocco at U20 level. Seems a half decent player in the French league.

Peterborough - signed Hayden Coulson (LB) on loan from Middlesbrough - had 6 league appearances for Ipswich on loan earlier this season before being recalled- total of 46 games at Championship level to date

- signed  Reece Brown (CM) on loan from Huddersfield - was on loan at Peterborough last season (making 38 appearances), but only had 16 games at Championship level at the age of 25.

- sold Siriki Dembele (joint top scorer this season, with 5) to Bournemouth

Reading

- signed Tom Ince on loan from Stoke

- lost Liam Moore (former club captain but fell out and wanted to leave) on loan to Stoke

- lost George Puscas (27 appearances, 2 goals) on loan to Pisa

Cardiff

- lost top scorer Kieffer Moore to Bournemouth 

- brought in Uche Ikpeazu from Middlesbrough (scored twice this season before Chris Wilder came in and decided he didn't want him)

Gotta say, overall, I reckon Barnsley are the only team with a net positive on deadline day.

Also, Bournemouth are doing us as many favours as Middlesbrough *aren't*. 

So on to this week's fixtures.

Tomorrow Derby (23rd, played 28, points 15) play at Huddersfield.

Also tomorrow Barnsley (24th, played 27, points 14) play Cardiff (20th, played 27, points 26).

No games for Peterborough (22nd, played 27, points 20) or Reading (21st, played 28, points 22).

Initially I thought a draw between Barnsley and Cardiff would be good, but upon reflection, as we really need Cardiff dragged into the mix, and as I think we will finish above Barnsley regardless, perhaps a Barnsley win might be better.

If Barnsley win, and we don't, we will drop to bottom place again, but as long as we got at least a point, it would close the gap on Cardiff.

Crikey, the next few weeks are going to be nail biting, not just watching our games, but also keeping track of our rivals.

21 minutes ago, Addingham Ram said:

So on to this week's fixtures.

Tomorrow Derby (23rd, played 28, points 15) play at Huddersfield.

Also tomorrow Barnsley (24th, played 27, points 14) play Cardiff (20th, played 27, points 26).

No games for Peterborough (22nd, played 27, points 20) or Reading (21st, played 28, points 22).

Initially I thought a draw between Barnsley and Cardiff would be good, but upon reflection, as we really need Cardiff dragged into the mix, and as I think we will finish above Barnsley regardless, perhaps a Barnsley win might be better.

If Barnsley win, and we don't, we will drop to bottom place again, but as long as we got at least a point, it would close the gap on Cardiff.

Crikey, the next few weeks are going to be nail biting, not just watching our games, but also keeping track of our rivals.

The amortised table:
20. Cardiff - 26
21. Reading - 24.3
22. Derby - 23.2
23. Peterborough - 20
24. Barnsley - 14

2 hours ago, erathirea said:

Roundup of Deadline day transfers for the other "teams at the bottom"-

Barnsley - signed a 24 year old Moroccan midfielder (Amine Bassi) on loan to the end of the season- made 6 appearances for Metz so far this season, and represented Morocco at U20 level. Seems a half decent player in the French league.

Peterborough - signed Hayden Coulson (LB) on loan from Middlesbrough - had 6 league appearances for Ipswich on loan earlier this season before being recalled- total of 46 games at Championship level to date

- signed  Reece Brown (CM) on loan from Huddersfield - was on loan at Peterborough last season (making 38 appearances), but only had 16 games at Championship level at the age of 25.

- sold Siriki Dembele (joint top scorer this season, with 5) to Bournemouth

Reading

- signed Tom Ince on loan from Stoke

- lost Liam Moore (former club captain but fell out and wanted to leave) on loan to Stoke

- lost George Puscas (27 appearances, 2 goals) on loan to Pisa

Cardiff

- lost top scorer Kieffer Moore to Bournemouth 

- brought in Uche Ikpeazu from Middlesbrough (scored twice this season before Chris Wilder came in and decided he didn't want him)

Gotta say, overall, I reckon Barnsley are the only team with a net positive on deadline day.

Also, Bournemouth are doing us as many favours as Middlesbrough *aren't*. 

I think Cardiff have done some good business  getting rid of people who wanted out and bringing in two forwards who know what 5hey are doing 

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The amortised table:
20. Cardiff - 26
21. Reading - 24.3
22. Derby - 23.2
23. Peterborough - 20
24. Barnsley - 14

That’s all what counts nowadays 

So without our deduction, we're averaging 1.3 points per game. Without Reading's, they're averaging 1.0 points per game.

Derby - 16 games remaining x 1.3 = 20.8. Even if we round that down, that has us finishing on 38 points.

Reading - 18 games remaining x 1.0 = 18 (didn't need Rachel Riley for that one). Total points, 40.

We need to up our average ever so slightly, by just 0.1 points per game more than Reading, and we'd be safe. This really is on now.

19 minutes ago, Kernow said:

So without our deduction, we're averaging 1.3 points per game. Without Reading's, they're averaging 1.0 points per game.

Derby - 16 games remaining x 1.3 = 20.8. Even if we round that down, that has us finishing on 38 points.

Reading - 18 games remaining x 1.0 = 18 (didn't need Rachel Riley for that one). Total points, 40.

We need to up our average ever so slightly, by just 0.1 points per game more than Reading, and we'd be safe. This really is on now.

Over the last 10 games, we've averaged 1.7 per game. Keep that up, we'll finish on 45.

Reading have averaged 0.5 per game over the last 10. Continuing that form would result in 31 points.

Easy

I knew Barnsley were doing poorly this season, but I hadn't realised quite how poor they'd been under their newest manager. He's had 12 league games in charge, still not won 1, and only picked up 3 points across those games. His only win with them was in extra time against a 10-man Barrow in the FA Cup, and even in that they let go of a 2 goal lead, before conceding equalisers in the 86th and 90th minutes after retaking the lead in the 83rd and 88th minutes. Hopefully that form continues.

On a side note, I just had a glance at their Twitter page to see how their fans have reacted to tonight's defeat, and caught a glance of their Twitter bio:
Image.png.88a4a11613cea49e7e7c532282181eb2.png

I'm going to guess the suicide hotline means they're not taking it well.

If it wasn't for the fact that the EFL treated reading leniently, because they accepted their punishment, by giving them only a6 point penalty target than 9 points, we'd only be 1 point back now. 

I hope that this doesn't come back to bite us at the end of the season. But then we could sue reading for not getting the correct penalty.

12 minutes ago, ram59 said:

If it wasn't for the fact that the EFL treated reading leniently, because they accepted their punishment, by giving them only a6 point penalty target than 9 points, we'd only be 1 point back now. 

I hope that this doesn't come back to bite us at the end of the season. But then we could sue reading for not getting the correct penalty.

That’s how it works, apparently. 

I barely pay attention to Barnsley or Peterborough results,  if we don't finish above them we are down...that's just academic to me.

Reading, and maybe Cardiff are the results that matter.  We need to get plenty of points to overhaul and stay ahead of either of them, way more points than Barnsley or Peterborough will get.

39 minutes ago, ram59 said:

We should claim they now owe us a certain amount of money, that would then further increase their costs for the last 3 seasons. They would then receive more points deductions now.